ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2009, 11:14 PM
Terzo35
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!

I need advice on how/if i can avoid getting 3 points on my license. About an hour ago some ****** bike copper got me with a speed gun doin 44 in a 30 he was practically hid behind a ****in bush i only saw him coz he stepped out into the road to pull me over!!!! I was wonderin if anyone knows of any ways or clauses that i can use to avoid gettin the points, im not bothered about the 60 quid fine im arsed about how much my insurance is gonna go up next year becuase of it, any help or advice is much appreciated.........

thanx

Last edited by Terzo35; 12 June 2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 12 June 2009, 11:28 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

No way out of it if they got you mate... they dont accept any excuses for speeding, its against the law no matter what you say. Ask for photographic evidence and proof etc. but in my experiance they really have you by the *****!

I got done for 56mph in a 50mph and got 3 points and £60 fine ffs... the second time was 33mph in a 30mph!!! the friggin wind could of blown me over the limit lol... that time though I went on a speed awareness course so no points just a charge of £60!

Insurance doesnt seem to be affected much by 3 points now though because its so easy to get 3points. but 44mph in a 30mph is alot more over that any Ive had! so might be a greater fine or more points, sorry buddy!

Gaz
Old 12 June 2009, 11:30 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

This is how I was done, about 15 years ago - a PC with Motorbike and SpeedGun in a 30.

I was doing 52!

I had my Licence with me and showed it - he said that I would have to go to Court at that speed over the limit

He then saw that my Licence was clean, better than that - he saw the Full Bike Licence and his attitude changed now he knew I was an old biker ...... he issued me a £40 fine and 3 Points.

The points had no effect on my Insurance premiums ..... I would just accept it.
Old 12 June 2009, 11:30 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry mate, you got caught doing nearly 50% over the speed limit and speeding in a 30 limit is wholly inappropriate. Don't expect any sympathy, just take it on the chin, pay the fine and take the points.

If it's any consolation, the first 3 points shouldn't make much difference, just become a little more road aware.
Old 12 June 2009, 11:32 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

Just noticed you said he pulled you so wont be any photo evidence ect lol... I guess you got the 3points then. Theres not much you can do about it if he pulled you tbf... just hope the insurance dont screw you on it.
Old 12 June 2009, 11:40 PM
Terzo35
Scooby Newbie

nice1 for the advice, yeah he issued me with an on the spot £60 fine and told me i was gettin 3 points so no worries about gettin more than 3, i wouldnt mind but it wasnt even residential its a big long A road in bury i was just cruisin, but recently my speedo keeps stickin then goin good again, is that worth usin as an excuse??? or do i have to just shut up and take it on the chin??????

Last edited by Terzo35; 12 June 2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12 June 2009, 11:45 PM
Terzo35
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by JonMc
Sorry mate, you got caught doing nearly 50% over the speed limit and speeding in a 30 limit is wholly inappropriate. Don't expect any sympathy, just take it on the chin, pay the fine and take the points.

If it's any consolation, the first 3 points shouldn't make much difference, just become a little more road aware.

i was bein aware i always am this is the 1st time ive been caught in 3 years the **** might aswell have had a camouflage uniform on honestly he was properly hidden obviously if i would have seen him i would have slowed down
Old 12 June 2009, 11:51 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

A sticking speedo is no defence ..... neither is, "If I had seen the sneaky git, I would have abided by the law!"
Old 13 June 2009, 01:10 AM
GEORDIESTI
Scooby Regular

as above, take it on the chin mate,pay fine,take the 3 points.
It could have been worse !
Old 13 June 2009, 01:16 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
A sticking speedo is no defence ..... neither is, "If I had seen the sneaky git, I would have abided by the law!"
ATEOTD, no matter how sneeky he was, he was just doing his job, maybe not how you would like to see your taxes blown