Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at a scoob 2moro...advice!

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2009, 11:41 PM
chazzy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at a scoob 2moro...advice!

After driving a pd130 passat for 8 months and not being able to afford my 350z just yet i fancy an interim car

So going to look at a 2000 X Impreza turbo wagon tomoro.

Its done 73k and has fsh, what should i look out for?

Also noticed it has a single about 3 1/2" exhaust...so not standard on a uk spec i suppose?

What kinda performance can i expect out of it?

thanks!
Old 07 June 2009, 12:06 AM
Wagon Gaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chazzy
After driving a pd130 passat for 8 months and not being able to afford my 350z just yet i fancy an interim car

So going to look at a 2000 X Impreza turbo wagon tomoro.

Its done 73k and has fsh, what should i look out for?

Also noticed it has a single about 3 1/2" exhaust...so not standard on a uk spec i suppose?

What kinda performance can i expect out of it?

thanks!
At 73k, it should I think have had a cambelt recently, check in the service history, exhaust is not standard, but I would'nt worry about this too much
Performance, depends what you are used to, should be fairly pedestrian up to 3000ish rpm then the boost kicks in and you need to get quick at changing gear
Check for oil and water leaks where its parked and the usuall signs of wear and tear.
Expect to smile a lot and spend quite a lot of time looking for Shell garages to buy V power
Old 07 June 2009, 12:10 AM
chazzy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wagon Gaz
At 73k, it should I think have had a cambelt recently, check in the service history, exhaust is not standard, but I would'nt worry about this too much
Performance, depends what you are used to, should be fairly pedestrian up to 3000ish rpm then the boost kicks in and you need to get quick at changing gear
Check for oil and water leaks where its parked and the usuall signs of wear and tear.
Expect to smile a lot and spend quite a lot of time looking for Shell garages to buy V power
haha im expecting a smile! it has fsh history and i snuck round earlier to get a numberplate n check it out before the test drive 2moro and the cars looks spotless! and soo shiny! always a good sign eh!

is the standard uk turbo bb a little twin round jobby?

Will check when the belts were done...hopefully not long ago

be a different drive to my box'd passat i suppose!
Old 07 June 2009, 12:19 AM
Wagon Gaz
Scooby Regular

Yep, twin pipe is standard, have a look for any other signs of medling/modding under the bonnet, if it has fsh and looks tidy its prob ok. thing is there will be pelty of totaly standard cars out there for sensible money which make an exelent starting point for you to work from
Old 07 June 2009, 12:27 AM
chazzy
Scooby Regular

Yep, twin pipe is standard, have a look for any other signs of medling/modding under the bonnet, if it has fsh and looks tidy its prob ok. thing is there will be pelty of totaly standard cars out there for sensible money which make an exelent starting point for you to work from

its up at 3.5k which i think is a reasonable price. bloke on the phone sounded very posh and its his wifes car

i dont like to travel too far for cars and this is 3 miles away in a nice housing estate too!

here it is

Old 07 June 2009, 12:41 AM
Wagon Gaz
Scooby Regular

Looks tidy enough to have a punt at they aint its standard wheels, but its still got all its orange indicators, usually an early mod.
If it drives ok ave it at that price you should be able to get out of it if you dont like.
Old 07 June 2009, 12:58 AM
chazzy
Scooby Regular

Looks tidy enough to have a punt at they aint its standard wheels, but its still got all its orange indicators, usually an early mod.
If it drives ok ave it at that price you should be able to get out of it if you dont like.

yeh they r the newer wrx ones...nicer too so a bonus!

TBH i dont like standard cars! just dont like things ruined but this looks mint...the exhaust looks like a PPP one.or hayward and scott...shall have to ask/check out markings on it! looks very very similar if not the same to this one...

Has it been colour coded as dont see many with the door handles/wing mirrors all silver...

not overpriced then?

Last edited by chazzy; 07 June 2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07 June 2009, 04:22 PM
chazzy
Scooby Regular

I bought it! lol

cambelt was done at 46k and its done 73k now...so dont know when they will need changing...

I t has eibach lowering springs and a full stainless steel exhaust but nothing else.

Has lots of history and info...all in a folder and has had 13 services in its 73k miles...front discs n pads were done at 60k and clutch was done at 55k....

all sound good?

Dont know what exhaust it is but it sounds like thunder!
Old 07 June 2009, 04:37 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The cambelt will be due, its every 4 years/60k miles whichever is first, and 13 services is a lttle short of its 17/18 it should have, but if they are just the intermediate oil changes that have been missed due to low miles, it should be ok.

Tony
Old 07 June 2009, 05:05 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

id be happy with those services, mine is serviced but by myself so most will be put off by that but i keep receipts.

amazed it has been serviced by a garage so thats a bonus !!
Old 07 June 2009, 05:06 PM
chazzy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
The cambelt will be due, its every 4 years/60k miles whichever is first, and 13 services is a lttle short of its 17/18 it should have, but if they are just the intermediate oil changes that have been missed due to low miles, it should be ok.

Tony
13 is only a guesstimate i cant remember the exact...was serviced 600 miles ago...which was a major with plugs etc etc

eekk not loving belt change...shall see when the belt was changed (what year!)

here are two snaps i got of it

its like a silver with a hint of champagne about it
Old 07 June 2009, 05:56 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyBurns

Tony
Tony, I thought the cambelt service on the classics was 45k, and it was the fluids at 30/60/90k?

Alan