Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Hatch Specs, what are the differences?

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2009, 06:26 PM
Abx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Hatch Specs, what are the differences?

Hi All

After looking at an 09 Focus RS this afternoon myself and the Mrs think we're now going to opt for another Scoob, main reason other than cost is that the RS only has 2 seats in the back which limits us taking family out, 2 doors is also an issue but was prepared to live with that until we noticed the lack of a third belt in the back!

So, Hatch STI it is then, going to look at one tomorrow at a main dealer but am slightly confused as to all the different specs, wheels, sat nav, seats, keyless entry etc. Found a possible good deal on an unregistered Euro STI which has the following

17" double spoke wheels, look like RB320 style
half leather and Alcantara seats with Recaro and STI on them
whats looks like a touchcsreen satnav, 6 CD Mp3
Keyless entry

Now I'm not sure how this compares with a UK car specwise and was hoping that someone could advise as UK cars with similar spec seem to me mid/high 20's new this is in the low 20's.

Thanks
Arron
Old 06 June 2009, 06:44 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Arron, A euro sti is basically a 330s without the ppp kit fitted to it. it has all the same features as a 330s but doesnt have the power upgrade for the engine. and it also has the bbs wheels which you mentioned were as the 330s has them taken off and changed at the docks for other sti wheels if i recall.

mine was just one of many launch cars registered 1st march 08 when i got it so was 24.995 on the road but since then i spec'ed it the way i want it. keyless entry would have been a nice touch but i can live without it lol
Old 06 June 2009, 07:04 PM
Abx
Scooby Regular

Cheers Rob thats a great help, the one i've seen is 23k unless there are any hidden extra costs to get it on the road, but at that price i'd be very tempted.

Funny it was you who replied actually as been showing my wife the 08 thread and yours is the one which convinced her, she loves it! Really would like white but they seem few and far between and this one is blue so may have to stick to what i'm used too! Loving the white though!

Cheers and here's hoping she like them when we pop out tomorrow.
Arron
Old 06 June 2009, 07:48 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

cheers what can i say your wife has excellent taste in cars very lucky man lol

fingers crossed you get sorted
Old 06 June 2009, 07:54 PM
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular

Graham Walker website explains the differences in Euro imports quite well and gives different prices for the different specs.
Old 06 June 2009, 08:12 PM
Abx
Scooby Regular

Rob, she especially liked the mesh and flaps, I just know a hatch is going to be addictive as my current Hawk for mods!

Cheers Norman, have you made a decision on the RS yet? Certainly looked nice in Fozen White with the half leather, just unforunately impractical for my needs with the lack of 5th seat.

Arron
Old 06 June 2009, 08:41 PM
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular

I was unimpressed with the quality of the finish on the RS so I'm picking up a new 330s on Thursday, all being well Subaru's end
Old 06 June 2009, 08:44 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I have been down that route for a few weeks

loads of info on members gallery 08-09 show off your hatches with some 22 keen members

try Motor dept hull and all brands new which is the same company and they have/has a red,silve and blue left art the price you mentioned and they have had them for 6 months

You will need a tracker £399 and cat one alarm fitted £300 and on the road of £480 inc 12 months tax but still quite a bit cheaper then a uk STi or the £30.5 k for a 330

Subarus are for life not just Christmas
Old 06 June 2009, 08:59 PM
Abx
Scooby Regular

Norman, yes agree on the quality, interior looked great but those door trim panels reminded me of an RS Turbo and a slight knock would scuff like hell, also those black exterior trm parts, why did ford decide on gloss black, and don't get me started on the colour difference between bumpers and bodywork and the rear fog lights looked stuck on!! good luck with the 330, if I had a few more £'s would me my scoob of choice!

LordH, thanks for the info, was wondering what the OTR costs were, seems they now come with tracker and CAT1, however that may just be an immiblisor.

Cheers
Arron
Old 06 June 2009, 09:02 PM
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lordharding
I have been down that route for a few weeks

loads of info on members gallery 08-09 show off your hatches with some 22 keen members

try Motor dept hull and all brands new which is the same company and they have/has a red,silve and blue left art the price you mentioned and they have had them for 6 months

You will need a tracker £399 and cat one alarm fitted £300 and on the road of £480 inc 12 months tax but still quite a bit cheaper then a uk STi or the £30.5 k for a 330

Subarus are for life not just Christmas
That's 'book' price on a 330s. Mine worked out about the same as buying an Import and putting the PPP on it but retains the standard insurance ie no import and no mod so half the price of my current sti with PPP mod
Old 07 June 2009, 12:26 AM
Mobius 1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NormantheDog
That's 'book' price on a 330s. Mine worked out about the same as buying an Import and putting the PPP on it but retains the standard insurance ie no import and no mod so half the price of my current sti with PPP mod
Your getting quite excited now aren't you Gareth Smilies jumping and clapping with joy kinda gives it away. I was out for a cruise in mine today, saw a Nissan GTR, he didn't want to play , anyway when I got home I put her back in the garage with a v.big smile on my face, I deffo made the right choice, its the STI I always dreamed of when I was a kid Now I'm a big kid, I love my toys even more!!

Arron, the Euro STI also comes with front fog lights I believe. I think they really help to add just a little more interest to the front end. I had to have them done on my 330S as it doesn't come with them.
Also the the only options for me were the euro STI or the 330S as I had to have the recaros, they are a world appart from the horrible Type UK STI seats.

Good choice that man, get one, you'll love it

Cheers

Ben
Old 07 June 2009, 09:08 AM
Abx
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Mobius 1;8749908]
Also the the only options for me were the euro STI or the 330S as I had to have the recaros, they are a world appart from the horrible Type UK STI seats.

I knew the seats were different but until you said had not taken that much notice, now looked and yes, it has to be Euro all the way for the Recaro's alone. Funny as my current WRX is a Euro and the seats in that are much nicer than the UK Seats, Suburu must not like us in the UK and spec our cars with cheap seats, that or they don't think we'd fit in Bolstered seats!!

Either way, thanks for the heads up, I love research

No fog lights I'm afriad on this one, but with what I'll be saving they will be up there on my 'want' list along with a splitter and rallyarmour flaps, 18's, mesh, PPP, god the list goes on and and on and I don't even have it yet!!

Cheers
A
Old 07 June 2009, 07:50 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Get your self along to the NBO 7 and see some in the flesh ""