Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Coach House Performance - St Albans, Herts.

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2001, 02:54 PM
dhall
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Just a query regarding a garage I intend to buy a WRX import from. The garage is 'Coach House Performance' and they are located in St Albans in Hertfordshire. Has anyone purchased from them before or heard any stories about them ? They have a number of WRX's for sale but on the face of it they do not look like a normal garage so any info would be a great help.
Old 12 February 2001, 05:33 PM
Rikki23
Scooby Regular

HI

I took a trip down there when I was looking to buy my scooby and when I got there it looked like it was being run from somebody's house (called the CoachHouse) and it had no signs or anything, so i didn't even bother going in or anything. Having said that, it may be pefectly cushdy but not the kind of place I fancied getting my car.
Old 12 February 2001, 08:13 PM
Luke
BANNED

Once visited a large house to carry out some work. Noticed that in the courtyard there was one hell of a collection of M3 and Alpina's a few Ferrari's and Porsches.

Turns out the Guy had a great reputation with Stockbrokers etc and was making Big bucks.Most of his clients would only use him .And yet his prices where not over the top. I visited a "Import dealer" to look at a WRX estate. They are well known .Big adverts and signs. Filled up with petrol down road on way. Asked directions to dealers.
only to be warned...STAY CLEAR COWBOYS".
Took a look for myself.
true. Cowboys.With a load of cars from the "SCOOBY BIN IN DUBLIN".

2 sides to the coin. I would use your common sense.Try here maybe.
Old 12 February 2001, 09:04 PM
m j s
Scooby Newbie

Talking

hi,i've lived in st albans for 8 years and he's been selling performance cars from there ever since i can remember, i looked at a couple of wrx's there and they were good,only trouble was that they were the wrong colour,
like any second hand car make sure they supply a waranty. the salesman seemed o.k and if you get any problems with the car at least you know where they live!