Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unmarked bmw x5 police

seen him today m5 south of bristol black so keep your eyes open for it
Old 12 May 2009, 06:32 PM
Chris.B
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I've seen that before... There's a green X plate 3 series around that way too!

Old 12 May 2009, 08:05 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

This really gets on my **** why do they have to use an expensive luxury car like a BMW
Thats our money paying for that (tax payers) there just no need
Old 13 May 2009, 07:04 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Believe or not, Cop cars are massively discounted (£14k for a V70 T5). Perhaps you can suggest a budget 4x4, diesel or petrol powered, with similar performance, reliability and ability to rack up over 70k miles per year. Don't forget you pay their wages too.
Old 13 May 2009, 09:16 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s70rjw
Believe or not, Cop cars are massively discounted (£14k for a V70 T5). Perhaps you can suggest a budget 4x4, diesel or petrol powered, with similar performance, reliability and ability to rack up over 70k miles per year. Don't forget you pay their wages too.
Are you the fuzz ?
Come on, most new cars are reliable now days 70k should be no problem if they are serviced well.For a start they don't need to be 4x4 they aren't going to go off road, there to scared of wrecking them and getting a bollocking. there are much cheaper alternatives than a BMW.
Round my way on the M25 they have been using a Ford Focus ST. WHY? I think they are just goating people to speed.
Old 13 May 2009, 11:12 PM
Chris.B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s70rjw
If that's true, it's a fair point.
I almost hate the police with a passion but imagine a world without them?
I just think it's unreasonable when they sting the motorist to pay for these cars. Honda Accord Type R's, Scooby's (even the new hatch backs now) Audi A3 3.2's the list goes on. I don't see why a chunk of my money should go on running these cars?
Before anyone says I can see both sides of the story... They need to be able to keep up with crims etc... But FFS!
Old 14 May 2009, 12:12 AM
55WRX
Scooby Newbie

... They need to be able to keep up with crims etc...

They've got expensive helicopters for that! They can track people from the air and nobody need follow the crims at high speed.

I saw an unmarked maroon volvo estate on the M56 on Saturday. They's pulled someone over onto the hard shoulder.
Old 14 May 2009, 08:45 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by greatgonzo
Are you the fuzz ?
Come on, most new cars are reliable now days 70k should be no problem if they are serviced well.For a start they don't need to be 4x4 they aren't going to go off road, there to scared of wrecking them and getting a bollocking. there are much cheaper alternatives than a BMW.
Round my way on the M25 they have been using a Ford Focus ST. WHY? I think they are just goating people to speed.
They do go off road, they are used to tow all manner of vehicles and objects from the carriageway and carry equipment that an estate would struggle with. They are also used as patrol vehicles, therefore need reasonable performance. Focus ST is a cheap quick car, yet you still have a problem with that. I'm not aware of a Kia or other budget brand performance orientated practical car which can keep up with criminals / speeding motorists. Same goes for the 4x4 , unless you can suggest a suitable alternative.