Sponsored by:

Kamikaze's

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2009, 12:37 AM
Cd09
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kamikaze's

I haven’t long got my scoob, but I seem to be having a few other drivers want to kill the car and me. Having the car for a month there’s been 3 or 4 incidents where people have pulled out of junctions as I go past (at the correct speed), or when I am in an overtaking lane. I havnt been driving like a prat cus I obviously don’t want to smash the car up. I’ve never had this before. Coincidence, me being over sensitive or something else, what do you reckon?
Old 09 May 2009, 02:08 AM
robl
Scooby Regular

try driving with your headlights on all the time, i had noticed in the past when i had driven my old previous cars - dark blue series mcrae scoob & black vec gsi cars this does happen more often to me been in a dark car.

this is my 2nd scoob which is in mint condition and all my problems are happening in car parks within the first few weeks of owning it. ie parking up in a supermarket car part with loads of spaces around me & every other car that comes in wants to park as close to me as possible - so i now use 2 parking spaces as ive had 2/3 very near misses with people opening doors wildly and nearly hitting mine.

another time i was parked up in a space when some old guy pulls in next to me and just skims my rear bumper as hes turning in which caused my car to rock a bit, he then denies all knowledge so i go look at my rear bumper and notice a very small mark but he still denies it until we go and look at his front bumper and theres a streek of my blue paint on his silver bumper lol.

maybe worth also checking your headlights are working properly as if there flickering or something that could be a reason whu people are pulling out on you.
Old 09 May 2009, 08:57 AM
Mark Mac
Scooby Regular

Hi CD,
Just wait until BMW,AUDI and NOVA drivers introduce themselves to you.
It's a complete joke, worst of all it seems to happen worst when the kids are in......
Self control is the answer.
It's difficult though when a beemer is velcroed to your **** in the fast lane, just smile and pull over.
Old 09 May 2009, 06:27 PM
Cd09
Scooby Regular

So far its been old people van drivers and pug 207's. robl that idea about keeping lights on sounds sencible i may subscribe to doing so. I havnt been on the motorway yet so i cant wait to see how all the bmw's n the like are.
Old 09 May 2009, 07:27 PM
V5RLTD
Scooby Regular

I dont suffer from people pulling out, just every nobber out there wants to race you and sits an inch from your rear bumper Had enough the other day and i had to show someone what was what They then flew past me when i slowed for a 30 zone. Moron
Old 09 May 2009, 09:35 PM
2pac
Scooby Regular

its not a coincidence buddy, i went from one scoob to a nissan micra then back to this scoob and peoples attitudes change instantly. i had one guy only tonight pull out of a junction slowly causing me to brake, i stare at him as he drives past and he loses his rag and starts hooting and reversing up the road at me

all because HE pulled out on me and i looked at him

and unfortunatley it seems to be a daily occurance and i dont drive any differently around town to when i was in the micra.
Old 10 May 2009, 06:05 PM
Cd09
Scooby Regular

Hm seems like somthing that just has to be put up with.. unless i get one of these

YouTube - Bigger than a Train Horn #2 (Ferry Horn)

wouldnt actualy get one but itd be funny.