Sponsored by:

Follow Me Home, Rolling Road

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2009, 11:39 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Unhappy Follow Me Home, Rolling Road

Picked my daughter up from the cinema last night and came onto the A14. This was around 9pm so it was dark. Moving smartly & came up behind an Astra Estate who was logoed up for a certain security fitting company. He was driving a bit strangely in as much as he would indicate, pull out, start to overtake, then indicate to pull in, not do so, overtake, then indicate and move in sort of thing. Put him down to being a bit of a plonker & thought nothing of it. We both had to overtake another car & once past, he pulled in and I sailed past him, pulled in and continued to accelerate. Up ahead another car pulled out to overtake so I backed off, checked my mirrors to see that Astra had decided to try and follow but as it was safe to do so, indicated and pulled out to come out behind the car in front.

Cue massive flashing of headlights and indicators going Car in front goes past and I floor it again (am driving the Volvo XC Diesel but as its got 320 ft/lb of torque is quite lively ) and leave Astra far behind. Keep my pace up and come off at my exit... Astra obviously tanking it takes the same exit. There's a long run up then a give way which I need to go across. So, I do then give it beans for the next 200 m for my turn up to the village. Astra does not give way and comes straight across junction By the time I turn, he's almost behind me...

At this point I say to my daughter that there's an idiot behind us & we might have to go the long way home. She's totally calm which is good. I take the next exit for the route back home & Astra is up my chuff, lights flashing & indicators going like he wants to overtake or get me to stop. If you know where I live, then its not a co-incidence that he's following me, there's only a few houses up that way as a direct route.

There is no way on gods earth that I am going to stop with heavens knows what pyscho(s) in the car behind me so come into the village and make sure I'm too wide to go past as I pootle through it at 20mph. I have a choice - lead him past my home or go find a copper in the next local village. Tough decision, so I take that turn instead. The road narrows into a really windy, over camber & bumpy single track, so I shoot off at the NSL signs and he struggles to follow. After 1/2 mile there's a 90+ and I'm round that & off up the next bit like nobodies business. After 600m I look back & just see his brake lights coming on for that corner... Another 1/2 mile where I'm going pdq & its a t-junction - one way for the village, potential confrontation & copper or t'other for a sneaky round the houses loop-back. As idiot is not in sight & I can't see his headlights, then it's the latter, off to sidelights and away I go.

WTF was all that about
Old 22 April 2009, 11:55 PM
top_fuel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe he recognises you from scooby live and just wants your autograph

... no idea what that was about, there seems to be a lot of loopy people around lately... glad you got away safely.... what a tW@t... !
Old 23 April 2009, 12:09 AM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Puff mate but if it was me (And knowing what I am like!) I would of got out and battered the gezza and his mates and locked the kid in the car!

But I can say you done the right thing unlike what I would of done! Big up to you fella!
Old 23 April 2009, 10:46 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say thats very much easier said than done.

Don't know what age his daughter is for a start.

Second I don't know you or what you look like etc, but 1 man against 2 is tough going.
1 man against 3 is how shall I say - you're going to get youre shyte knocked in.
Then what happens - daughter alone etc etc?