Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2009, 05:58 PM
chrisnorm17
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW MEMBER poss new car!

HI
TO ALL

Ive been lucking around for some time now at scoobys. i want one as a toy for hot summer days( not gona get used alot then). ive been looking in to wrx bug eye scoobys uk spec. but the ones in dealers in lincs area are all high millage. say 90 to 130k. also are these things likly to break down. been reading up that i should check for smoke on cold start from turbo and suspesion noises. i dont wana buy one and it always be broken. at the smae time i would look at poss remap. dump valve and jap exhasut. but nothing more. im happy to look at 5k mark am i asking for to much? found a black one at a jct car sales wrx y reg with s/s exhasut ad big spoiler gold colour wheels 4650. but has 98k on clock. can these things take 100k mark and will it last?

any info welcome

chris
boston
lincs
Old 01 April 2009, 07:47 PM
wrx-maniac-22
Scooby Newbie

welcome mate, is buying private not an option? in my (limited) experience you get much more for your money,for 5k i would have thought you could get a nice low miler,just get it checked by rac etc first,anyway good luck,
Old 01 April 2009, 10:30 PM
chrisnorm17
Scooby Regular

with a dealer you get the come back side of things and most offer 6mths warranty. i missed out on a blue 51 wrx 54k for 5k wish id seen it sooner
Old 02 April 2009, 07:52 AM
wrx-maniac-22
Scooby Newbie

i tend to think you get more for your money private and if the car is thouroughly checked you can make sure its not a dog,and from some of the stories i have seen warranties are not allways worth the paper they are written on,but best of luck buying and if you do find a good one i doubt you will ever look back
Old 02 April 2009, 08:44 AM
shiftyoldscoob
Scooby Regular

I've never personally imported a car but a m8 of mine did 4 years ago when classics were still bringing in pretty high sums of money.

He paid £3400 for a 95 WRX with some very tasty mods already fitted. When the car finally arrived we were all in it, on it and under it....the car was 100% mint and only had 32k on the clock (we later found out she was making 280bhp!)

He ran the car for a year then sold it on for £3700!!!! with 48k on the clock!!!!

So I would recomend a JDM car as they are a lot more value for money...AND MORE POWERFULL!

The site my m8 used was Easy Redirect but I bet if you do a search loads more importers will pop up, so shop around and see who gives you the best price.
200bhpcars.com seem to be pretty good though

Good luck finding your dream car mate
Old 02 April 2009, 08:57 AM
ross_wrx
Scooby Regular

Welcome to SN

I bought mine from JCT last year and have not had a single problem! Jason is a top bloke and wont mess you about.

I do think you could get one with lower mileage for your money though.