Sponsored by:

Scooby violated !!!

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2002, 10:30 AM
mikefyfe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Had one of those nightmare days yesterday !

Get a phone at work in the afternoon from the wife saying she had been called by our local council to say that our car had been badly damaged and the driver had driven off!

So, thinking the worst, rush home to inspect the damage. You know that knot you get in your stomach as bad thoughts flash through your head....

Get home & grab me camera, then go out to photo the damage. One of my neighbours then comes out & tells me the story as she watched it all....

A Blue Nissan Micra (registration D524 MNM just in case anyone spots it !!!) comes out of the T-junction I'm parked opposite and slams into the front of the scoob. Reverses back then drives
straight into a Green VW Polo on the other side of the road and knocks the whole back end onto the pavement! ... then just drives off ... unbelievable.

Fortunately my neighbour got a good description of the car and the driver as did a local parking warden (they have some uses ) so hopefully the cops can track them down. My worry is that the either the car has been stolen or the driver has no insurance - highly probable in my IMHO as you don't have such an impact and not notice!!!

So if anyone spots the above car and wants to 'have a word with the driver' ... feel free. I now sympathise greatly with those threads that are saying how upset they are when their car has a ding - I almost couldn't look at the old girl - but then I went for a wee drive to check whether the steering had been knocked out, all was OK, no vibration and no pulling, so gave her a damn good thrash and felt much better

Still got to go through all the hassles of insurance, police, bodyshops etc etc and get totally mad again that someone could do this & just drive off.

Thanks for listening

Mike

Old 26 February 2002, 10:35 AM
Chris_S199
Scooby Regular

Smile

You have my sympathies, mate, and hopefully the damage won't cost too much to fix! Maybe you should add the driver to the worst drivers ever thread, unless they already fit into one of the categories mentioned...

Chris
Old 26 February 2002, 10:39 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Red face

Bummer. Hope all gets sorted soon, at least they got a witness - hopefully they'll get what they deserve...

Jen
Old 26 February 2002, 12:23 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Seen something similar happen,some old git hit a parked car TWICE (wing and bonnet damage)he put a note on the windscreen which said sorry but no details,he then parked 8 cars away and walked off,i called the police who turned up just as the driver of the damaged car arrived (new Vectra)i told them about the old fart and where his car was and guess who should come back to deny all knowedge of the incident.He soon changed his mind when he realised i was an independant witness.
(Hope you get the scumbag)

Zippy
Old 26 February 2002, 12:31 PM
HELLOM8
Scooby Regular

Angry

Find em and kill em.
Old 26 February 2002, 04:42 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Mike,
Let everyone know how you get on.
Good luck,
Mouser.
Old 26 February 2002, 06:00 PM
Neil F
Scooby Regular

I've been a victim of hit and run; bloody great dent in my boot from the spare wheel on the back of some 4x4 (I'd seen the car parked behind me as i walked off).
It ruined my week.

Total sympathy mate.

Neil.
Old 26 February 2002, 09:03 PM
CallumW
Scooby Regular

Angry

Not too bad really. I've seen much worse.

Here's mine (16th Dec. Written off and the comp insurance STILL hasn't paid out)

Callum
Old 26 February 2002, 09:07 PM
CallumW
Scooby Regular

Red face

I just noticed on your last pic that there's a "rainbow" next to your car.

Was that from the 455hole driver?
The damage on your's is quite light, but you may have to check under your to make sure your not leaking (power steering fluid...or brake fluid...eek)

Callum
Old 26 February 2002, 10:12 PM
sasman
Scooby Regular

Is the tyre cut? .
Old 26 February 2002, 10:49 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I've got near identical damage to mine, guna post pix in another thread, so now im p!ssed off big style[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] looking 4 a yellow car with scratch marks on it as i was only checkin me tyre pressure & see a load of yellow scraps with a fat dent(ok not that fat by sum of those later images). Anyway let me know how much it costs to get the dent removed im intreged but formost im still miffed!!!!!!!!!!
Si
Old 27 February 2002, 08:38 AM
mikefyfe
Scooby Regular

Angry

Thanks for your thoughts, it really helps - am still mad when I think about it but have calmed down a bit now

HELLOM8 - with you on that one, but was thinking more along the lines of jump leads and a mains supply!! - "hangings too good for them" !!

CALLUMW - that rainbow has been on the street for a while (prob diesel - maybe contributed to accident ??? still no excuse just to drive off! ) as I've noticed it before - checked everything under the bonnet yesterday and there doesn't appear to be any leaks.

SASMAN - The wheel and tyre , remarkably, appear to have escaped unscafed - only got the alloys last month and they wouldn't have been covered by my insurance

Will keep you posted on costs and insurance schenanigans (sp?!)

Cheers

Mike