Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are all the big discounts from the big traders (we are in a recession)

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2009, 07:20 PM
SPIDERWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are all the big discounts from the big traders (we are in a recession)

like 20% off everything (we are in a recession)

its hard work running these cars

im after a clutch & cambelt
Old 07 March 2009, 09:12 AM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Location: Happy that I'm back in a Scooby - but maybe I should have told the wife...!

Are there any BIG TRADERS out there then ( other than main dealers )? I run my own small business. And some of my customers ring up and say are you quiet then! oh you are! can you do me a good price on X. I have less customers spending less money and the ones on the phone want a discount. ERR let me think about this Oh yes financial suicide springs to mind!

Still can`t blame you for asking but I have n`t seen anyone rushing for your business.
Old 07 March 2009, 10:01 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Arkwright
Are there any BIG TRADERS out there then ( other than main dealers )? I run my own small business. And some of my customers ring up and say are you quiet then! oh you are! can you do me a good price on X. I have less customers spending less money and the ones on the phone want a discount. ERR let me think about this Oh yes financial suicide springs to mind!

Still can`t blame you for asking but I have n`t seen anyone rushing for your business.
But he is right, why charge 1000 and have 1 customer in a week when you can do a job for 850/900 and word gets out ur the place to go u get more customers,sit on ur hands for a £1000 or do something for £850/900,
Doing lots of little jobs is better then 1 big 1 once in ablue moon, I understand your not going to loose money on a job but if it isnt busy getting customers in is important,
When we had a small minimarket you had loss leaders that got ur customers thru the door(hardest part)
Once you have them you then want them to come back again and again, this isnt a go at you but ive been reading up a lot on scoobynet and tbh I can only spot 1 or 2 of the traders that do care about there future and their customers(API everytime seem to come top),
We (retail trade) need to open our eyes and adapt at this time or more companies will die out.
Old 07 March 2009, 10:27 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Given the state of the pound, I can't see where discounts can be offered currently on parts, as they come from abroad.
Labour may be the only cost that is likey to be open to discount, but only if the garage is suffering.

nick
Old 07 March 2009, 11:50 AM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Location: Happy that I'm back in a Scooby - but maybe I should have told the wife...!

Butty a real world person.
Jdm stig The state of this country at the moment I`am confident at the moment if I advertised some loss leaders Oh yes I`d have a rush on my hands and once they`d gone so would their future custom IMHO.
Old 07 March 2009, 12:52 PM
ZEN Performance
Former Sponsor

Just buy 20% less stuff!
Old 07 March 2009, 03:30 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

If the interest rate on my plastic was 0.5% I'd go crazy !

Buying !

dunx