Sponsored by:

Has it been done?

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2009, 10:48 PM
scoobybreaker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has it been done?

Been down to pikeys today and whilst we were trying to shuffle the yard about abit to gain some room i spotted a fairly tidy old wagon wrx the front end has been stripped off etc but i jokeing said "have you ever seen or heard off a impreza pick up?"

After a cup off tea we dragged it into the unit to do some sizeing up and it wouldnt be a bad thing roughly about a 5 foot bed with the only real problem being strenghtening it up. so the back end has now been stripped out and its all been marked up for cutting it up in the morning. off course i will set it up on the projects forum on here. but has it been done before? if so can any one find a pic? and do you think its a good idea lol.
Old 05 March 2009, 10:50 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep !

PROJECT SUBARU IMPREZA PICK UP TRUCK, with wide 22B body kit
Old 05 March 2009, 10:51 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobybreaker
Been down to pikeys today and whilst we were trying to shuffle the yard about abit to gain some room i spotted a fairly tidy old wagon wrx the front end has been stripped off etc but i jokeing said "have you ever seen or heard off a impreza pick up?"

After a cup off tea we dragged it into the unit to do some sizeing up and it wouldnt be a bad thing roughly about a 5 foot bed with the only real problem being strenghtening it up. so the back end has now been stripped out and its all been marked up for cutting it up in the morning. off course i will set it up on the projects forum on here. but has it been done before? if so can any one find a pic? and do you think its a good idea lol.
Yes yes yes, do it
Old 05 March 2009, 11:03 PM
scoobybreaker
Scooby Regular

That looks really well. but then will be building it between us and a few mates in different trades. best thing we have is if t goes wrong we can just scrap shell and start another lol. also think it might be a little easier as ours is a wagon and thats a saloon. plus his lass is really good at airbrushing so might go down the route off hot rod styling god knows ill get some pics up etc tommorow
Old 06 March 2009, 07:46 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Pick-up type roll over cage ?

Strong enough !

dunx
Old 06 March 2009, 07:53 PM
scoobybreaker
Scooby Regular

we have done all the basic cutting today. just the roof left which i left pikey to do. he has got a transit bulk head that we are going to cut up and use and then thinking about haveing a 3x3 box section frame welded up around the outside off the pick up bed and then some sort off a A bar/ roll bar at front off bed. One off those frames the council put up to stop people getting into town centers look perfect......... lol