Sponsored by:

Help needed please - year 2000 wrx import bugeye

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2009, 02:39 PM
robl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed please - year 2000 wrx import bugeye

Hi everyone, i just bought a year 2000 wrx import bugeye and theres a rocker switch next to the front fog light switch on the right hand lower side. does anyone have an idea what it is please? pm me with info. see pic below

also wheres the best/cheapest place to pickup a handbook for that model car?

cheers, rob.
Old 28 February 2009, 02:56 PM
vince-sti02
Scooby Regular

Rear fog swit ch.
Old 28 February 2009, 03:18 PM
scooby(puppy power)
Scooby Regular

mines the front driving lamp switch there and the rear fogs next to it the blank panel is where the intercooler spray switch goes (i think) if you have it i dont, the switch might have broke and they replaced it with a halfords special
Old 28 February 2009, 03:21 PM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

If I recall correctly the JDM cars do not have rear fogs as standard so they are retro fitted for the SVA test, that is probably the switch for the rear fog which most likely is mounted beneath the rear bumper or fitted into it. They may have been really good and retro fitted it into the lighting cluster. If you wanted you could replace it with a proper rear fog switch from a breakers.

There is a sticky thread on here with the Subaru Service manuals with are more use than the car manual if not I'd try eBAY. Or just ask if there's anything in particular you want and I'll look it up in mine or scan the relevant pages for you (mines a 2002 EU spec).

Last edited by BlueBugEye; 28 February 2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 28 February 2009, 06:37 PM
robl
Scooby Regular

thx for the info guys you were right it was the rear fog light wired into the original light cluster (the bulb was hanging half out so was not lighting up).

I at first thought it may be something to do with the security ie to stop 'car jacking' with a fuse wired in somewhere and when you flick the switch it blows the fuse and the car won't start.

Also i finally found the source of the smell in the boot - a yellow duster cloth covered in some sort of fishy animal grease - i wonder where that came from? as the previous owner was the 1st owner in the uk for the last 4 years lol and surely must of noticed the smell? there a similar smell coming off the battery as well.

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye
If I recall correctly the JDM cars do not have rear fogs as standard so they are retro fitted for the SVA test, that is probably the switch for the rear fog which most likely is mounted beneath the rear bumper or fitted into it. They may have been really good and retro fitted it into the lighting cluster. If you wanted you could replace it with a proper rear fog switch from a breakers.

There is a sticky thread on here with the Subaru Service manuals with are more use than the car manual if not I'd try eBAY. Or just ask if there's anything in particular you want and I'll look it up in mine or scan the relevant pages for you (mines a 2002 EU spec).
yeah i'll look at a breakers for a proper switch, cheers for the advice. ive just found that manual download and ive downloaded it so hopefully i wont have to bother you.

will a classic fog light switch fit?

Last edited by robl; 28 February 2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 28 February 2009, 07:13 PM
robl
Scooby Regular

and i dont suppose anyone knows what size bulb the high beam is - h4? and the foglights - h3? there the factory xenon tinted bugeye lights.

Last edited by robl; 28 February 2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 28 February 2009, 11:16 PM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

Rob,

Looks like you have the Sti light on the car are they HIDs or standard. I have the JDM HIDs on my car the high beam is not H4 as this is a dip/high bulb and the highs are high only on the STI clusters, I'll have a look in my manual tomorrow for the bulb types.

Trending Topics

Old 01 March 2009, 11:27 AM
robl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye
Rob,

Looks like you have the Sti light on the car are they HIDs or standard. I have the JDM HIDs on my car the high beam is not H4 as this is a dip/high bulb and the highs are high only on the STI clusters, I'll have a look in my manual tomorrow for the bulb types.
hi, oh is that what they call these headlights - sti? i have separate hid low beam in one part of the headlight and normal bulb high beam in these lights, as i wanted to get rid of the yellowish bulbs in the high beam, foglights and sidelights so would that be h4 high beam, h3 foglight, 501 sidelight. heres a pic of my headlight and thx fot he info.
Old 01 March 2009, 04:06 PM
robl
Scooby Regular

sorted now, had a look myself - high beam = hb3, fog lights = h3, sidelights = 501.
Old 01 March 2009, 11:57 PM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

I've swapped by indicators and sidelights over in those units, imho looks far better!