Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like my 182 is going to be sold...which scooby to buy though???

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2009, 04:08 PM
AlanPPP
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Looks like my 182 is going to be sold...which scooby to buy though???

It's going well on EBAY so fingers croosed it might go for the reserve on Sunday Mind you this is EBAY after all so who knows

Renaultsport Clio 182 with Both Cup Packs on eBay, also, Renault, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 01-Mar-09 19:27:45 GMT)

Anyway.......

I've been looking at scooby's just about every day since i sold my last one..'View my scooby' I was gutted the day it went and regreeted selling it since so i need another

I'm a bit confused as to what model to get next after having 3 classic WRX's..last one having 320 brake.

With the cash i'll have the choices are a tad limited...

I'd like a nice newer Bugeye..An STI would be perfect but my budget of just under 5K dosn;t look like it will get me one

A WRX Bugeye i'd easily get but would it be too slow

I could get a MINT UK classic and make it over 300bhp easliy with the change

OR

I could get a Type R but the whole engine issue plus extra insurance bothers me (even though the insurance isn;t much of a problem if you get me.

All the car's i've seen up to now are either mint examples that IMO are over valuated or are nice Bug's that just don't have power mods or have the proper scooby 'Look' i like my wings and nice alloys

Anyone found any nice examples under 5K that i might have missed..didn't want to travel far but looks like i might have to

Alan
Old 27 February 2009, 04:10 PM
AlanPPP
Scooby Regular

I'd love an RB5 too like this but a little too much $$$$

https://www.scoobynet.com/private-sa...low-miles.html

I'd like to pay around £4300 and have cash left over for a remap etc
Old 27 February 2009, 05:00 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen a few bug sti on ebay bidding around the 5.5k mark. I reckon it'll be a better buy than a classic unless you get a minter

Wiley
Old 27 February 2009, 05:08 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm exactly the same. I missed out by less than a day on the 1 owner mica blue that was in the for sale section this time last week. And there was a grey STI V5 not too far away from me with ful service history having been in the UK from new and that was under 5K.

I like the RB5 too and it is expensive but then its probably the most sort after UK turbo there is. I won't go over 5K on a UK car unless its got some serious mods and I really like it.

Type Rs under 5K are going to be dogs. Bugeye STI could be around 5 but well at the end of the day they are a bit ugly - although I could be tempted by a UK300 at 5K - more car for the money I guess.

Last edited by EddScott; 27 February 2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 28 February 2009, 11:49 AM
AlanPPP
Scooby Regular

Yeah i think i might keep an eye out for a UK300 that's maybe had an ECUTEK map or somthing..quite like the blue with gold rims look.Orrrrr maybe a classic..

Gonna have some fun looking though
Old 28 February 2009, 12:11 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I just have a feeling that I won't like a bugeye to drive - living the in **** end of wales makes the selection process a bit of a pain in the ****.

Plus I'm getting quite high quotes for Type R or STI Imprezas - like £800+
I could look into future classic insurance policies which I've had before car has to over 10 years old. I've also got another car that needs insurance etc and the wifes car seems to be my responsiblity too!

I'm 31, clean license, 10 years NCB, low crime area but the prices are just too much for something that is going to spend of the week in the garage. Even with all the mods my old UK car never went over £500.

Just have to hold out for the right one to pop up and not make too low offers - I've done this too and missed out - that RB5 for example.