AMC Subaru Chelmsford

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2009, 06:54 PM
SteveRattue
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMC Subaru Chelmsford

Hi All,

Does anyone rate AMC, i just got a 2003 WRX STI from them, only had it a week and its been back there almost 2 weeks, the car has engine problems and gearbox problems, all is being sorted under warrenty.

Sales guy Simon and everyone else there seems nice.

Just wondered if anyone has experience with them?

Thanks
Steve
Old 25 February 2009, 08:31 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive heard some bad things about them mate, post on the Esc forum to get a more detailed answer.
Old 25 February 2009, 08:35 PM
SteveRattue
Scooby Regular

What is Esc? you can PM me if you want.

Last edited by SteveRattue; 25 February 2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 25 February 2009, 09:10 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

Originally Posted by SteveRattue
What is Esc? you can PM me if you want.
ESC=Essex Scooby crew nice friendly bunch , we have our own section here https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-scooby-crew-362/

Old 27 February 2009, 10:53 AM
scoobydavewrxsti
Scooby Regular

Hi,thats not the blue Sti with the gunmetal prodrive rims is it?,only ask as i've recently seen 2 03 reg sti's on the forecourt there.I popped in about 4 weeks ago to look at a blue 03 sti and the salesman i spoke to said they put every scooby which they take in as a part ex etc into the workshop for a total going over,he said he had rejected a few for having problems,so for you to have problems is strange.Hope you get sorted,mine goes in monday for gearbox bearings,£1600 bill !!.
good luck getting sorted.
Old 27 February 2009, 11:40 AM
SteveRattue
Scooby Regular

It was the other 03 one, not the STI with the Prodrive wheels, they are ok actually, the things wrong with the car although fairly big and covered by the warrenty are just one of those things. I have a Izuzu Rodeo thing to drive about at the moment so am quite happy, just wondered peoples views. Ouch to £1600, its not nice when you HAVE to have things like that rather than pay for mods.
Old 27 February 2009, 12:17 PM
scoobydavewrxsti
Scooby Regular

It was the other 03 one, not the STI with the Prodrive wheels, they are ok actually, the things wrong with the car although fairly big and covered by the warrenty are just one of those things. I have a Izuzu Rodeo thing to drive about at the moment so am quite happy, just wondered peoples views. Ouch to £1600, its not nice when you HAVE to have things like that rather than pay for mods.
The STi i saw was a 03 reg,gold rims with 42k on the clock and was up for £8995.Can't believe you have got problems like that when guy told me they check them over before taking them in.
I took mine in paid £92 to have a test done to find whats wrong with mine and on the report they told me theres rattles from the engine,so i says 'which part of engine?' reception girl tells me 'don't know other than it will need a complete strip down to investigate and as we are new to Subaru we don't have the correct tools/equipment or knowledge to strip engine down' FFS if a dealer can't do it.who the hell can!!.Luckely the work on mine is covered on the warranty with garage i bought it from.
Old 27 February 2009, 03:30 PM
ScoobyWRX300
Scooby Regular

Had gearbox bearings replaced on my WRX there around six months ago while under warranty. Still doesn't drive right after going back several times.
Car also had to be recovered on a flat bed 2 days after I got back from them another time.
Certainly won't be using them again.
Old 27 February 2009, 03:47 PM
SteveRattue
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobydavewrxsti
The STi i saw was a 03 reg,gold rims with 42k on the clock and was up for £8995.Can't believe you have got problems like that when guy told me they check them over before taking them in.
I took mine in paid £92 to have a test done to find whats wrong with mine and on the report they told me theres rattles from the engine,so i says 'which part of engine?' reception girl tells me 'don't know other than it will need a complete strip down to investigate and as we are new to Subaru we don't have the correct tools/equipment or knowledge to strip engine down' FFS if a dealer can't do it.who the hell can!!.Luckely the work on mine is covered on the warranty with garage i bought it from.
Yes that was the one I brought, cars are cars at the end of the day, they are like computers, one day they are fine then the next everything goes wrong, as long as its 100% when I get it back all will be good. Even then i understand if it needs to go back in for a few days to get rid of the niggles, as long as they give me a car to use. I think i know the woman you are speaking about, not always the best with words bit she is a nice enough girl. Just not that technical.
Old 05 March 2009, 07:58 AM
scoobydavewrxsti
Scooby Regular

Mine went in on Monday 2/3 for gearbox bearing replacement,got told the name of technician who would be carrying out the job & all being well car be ready end of the week (6/3).I pop in yesterday for an update (4/3)only to be told that gearbox removed and has been sent away for a overhaul !!.
Old 05 March 2009, 09:25 AM
SteveRattue
Scooby Regular

Did they give you another car to use?
Old 05 March 2009, 03:18 PM
scoobydavewrxsti
Scooby Regular

Did they give you another car to use?
Yes,a Fiat 500.has p$*%%d me off saying it would be ready end of this week and now turns out won't ready till prob this time next week
Old 05 March 2009, 03:42 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobydavewrxsti
Mine went in on Monday 2/3 for gearbox bearing replacement,got told the name of technician who would be carrying out the job & all being well car be ready end of the week (6/3).I pop in yesterday for an update (4/3)only to be told that gearbox removed and has been sent away for a overhaul !!.
Do you know where they sent it ?