Sponsored by:

is there anything I can do??

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2001, 07:24 PM
pumpers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

my wifes the proud owner of a 3 month old fiat punto, with a one year fiat warranty backed up by a further two year dealer warranty. Unfortunately the car was bought from dc cook who is now in receivership. having spoken to the receivers they tell me the extra two year dealer warranty is no longer valid as dc cook operated the scheme themselves with no insurance policy from fiat or any one else to cover it!! I've been told to write in by the receiver and may possibly get something back but don't hold my breath!! I've also spoken to fiat uk who put me in touch with there warranty dept where i was told "we're a seperate company, it's nothing to do with us". Should Fiat, if selling cars through a franchised dealer, not have some responsibility for the extra warranty if their dealer goes bump?? They are still advertising their cars for sale in this manner ( one year fiat, two year dealer warranty ) but don't take responsibilty if their dealer goes bump!! Anyone else in a similar postion and anyone got any suggestions as to what elase I should do?? cheers pumpers.
Old 05 February 2001, 08:27 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

You mean like if IM go bust (fat chance) Subaru will step in and honour our three year UK warranties - fat chance!!!

From experience of liquidations, all policies normally cease at the time of liquidation. If the two years extension was thrown in for nothing, that's what you'll likely get. I doubt if there are much in the way of assets in the liquidation - except a load of second hand cars - and they will be depreciating like mad....

It is possible that FIAT would step in and honour the warranties, but they are unlikely to have any legal obligation to do so.