Bug Eye STI (JDM) VS S2000

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2009, 10:35 PM
Stratts
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bug Eye STI (JDM) VS S2000

Hi guys,

I currently own a JDM Bug Eye STI (Standard) and am considering buying a Honda S2000.

has any of you guys had a play with an S2000 in your STI? If so how did the S2000 do? Or has any of you guys driven an S2000?

I like the look of them and think it would make a good weekend fun car?
Old 21 February 2009, 11:43 PM
biggazvr6
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stratts
Hi guys,

I currently own a JDM Bug Eye STI (Standard) and am considering buying a Honda S2000.

has any of you guys had a play with an S2000 in your STI? If so how did the S2000 do? Or has any of you guys driven an S2000?

I like the look of them and think it would make a good weekend fun car?
a mate of mine has a s200, v nice car imo. but and its a big but, it aint no scooby. it cost him 25k or so and its not a patch on my classic perf wise. he is just behind me up to about 50mph and then the rest is obvious as you'll already know. IMO use ya hard earned on modding your scoob, subtle mods tho, and you'll keep on enjoying it! we both go out for a blast in the summer, him with the top down and me in my classic estate! looks every bit as good, and best of all it sounds better than his s2000!!
Old 21 February 2009, 11:43 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

I've driven an S2000 and it is a really nice car to drive, doesn't really pick up until you get over 6k rpm's -

That said, it's N/A so is a different experience due to the difference in engine (and lack of seats). I would say the S2000 is more refined but the STi is the better drivers car...
Old 22 February 2009, 12:10 AM
Stratts
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys,

I do like my STI. It is a JDM Spec with only 25k miles!!

It drives like new and still feels very tight!!

I was considering getting a stage 1 tune up in the future, maybe by Powersttion?

However, i was thinking about doing it gradually? I know i can get a new Cat back zorst, was thinking of getting either a Vortex, or Ninja pipe? However, think tehy maybe a little loud for me?

Can i fit a Performance Cat downpipe such as the Ninja one supplied by Scoobyworld to my Buy Eye Sti without a remap. I have heared on some models you have to get the remapped?

Its just this way i can do it gradually!! Cat back, then maybe performance cat and a remap later on?

I should notice a small difference with just a good cat back zorst shouldnt i and maybe a better replacement filter? The car kind of feels like it needs a "fresh mint", if you know what i mean, like it is kind of holding back or restricted in standard trim?

I do like the S2000's a lot and would consider one. I have been told by some that an S2000 actually stuck with there scooby once rolling Maybe its not true, but i think they are pretty swift once you rattle them into Vtec mode??

I dont mind if they are slightly slower than the scooby , but could not live with a sluggish motor after owning my STI!!! Thats why i thought i would ask you guys, i figure the best peple to ask is those who may have experiences with both cars.

Appreciate your time and comments. Thanks.
Old 22 February 2009, 11:37 AM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if you looking at getting a new decat up-pipe or even a sports cat downpipe, its best to remap it. although you'll feel a slight improvement on performance. if you get it mapped, your car will feel like another car

wiley
Old 22 February 2009, 12:10 PM
Stratts
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wiley
if you looking at getting a new decat up-pipe or even a sports cat downpipe, its best to remap it. although you'll feel a slight improvement on performance. if you get it mapped, your car will feel like another car

wiley
Hi wiley,

I know its best to get it remapped with a cat replacement and i would almost certainly get a remap eventually, but will it cause harm to engine if i fit a performance cat without map straight away. What i am thinking is i can spread the cost.

Will i notice a small difference with a performance upgrade filter ang good cat back zorst?
Old 22 February 2009, 06:23 PM
Stratts
Scooby Regular

Knock Knock!!!