Sponsored by:

New member :D

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2009, 10:03 PM
Hawk Eye WRX
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member :D

Hi just bought a scooby as my name suggests. New to all this turbo 4wd thing though. Its black with an sti spoiler.

Not looking to do much to it to be honest, however love the noise of some subaru's so would like mine to sound like that but not too loud. Is the only way of getting the good subaru gurgle by buying new exhaust?

Also was thinking about a dump valve however heard there not that good for the engine (dont want to start another debate tho lol). Im used to n/a engines which always love the induction kit, would this be good for my wrx?

Many thanks,
Darren
Old 20 February 2009, 10:12 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hawk Eye WRX
Not looking to do much to it to be honest

Welcome mate, and you will do a lot to it

Exhaust is the first step yeah, and remap.

Dump Valve: I do love the sound, a lot hate it! I have one at the moment, and love it, but I am changing a lot of things very shortly, and will be going back to the standard recirc DV.
Old 20 February 2009, 10:24 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

If your car has the PPP then concentrate on handling first. Trust me, it's quick enough if you make the existing power useable If not, eek out a little more with a few hundred on freeing up flow through the exhaust (you'll need a decent boost pipe too) and get it mapped to suit. Then get the handling sorted.

VTA DV's can ruin the smooth operation of the car. I spent the last 3 years telling Raf Chandler that and finally he's swapped his back to the recirc and can't believe how much better the car drives. Silly noises for silly money for silly reasons IMHO.

IK's don't give much if anything to Scoobs until you get up into serious power. The OE air intake is very well designed and can easily cope with up to 380bhp. Over that, consider the K&N Typhoon, but it's pricey.

Best mod you can do however is driver training. One day with a Police Class 1 pursuit driver saw my corner entry speeds climb by as much as 40mph, and exit speeds +50 It's a mod which has not only made me much faster, but much safer too, and I can take it into any car I own or drive.