Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scoobynet??? How Depressing....

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2002, 06:24 PM
Chris Barn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having just ordered an Sti I have been looking at the scooby net again. I last looked for about three months after I bought my turbo three years ago. God.. So wot if an Evo is quicker / nicer to look at / less depreciation, buy wot the F*** you want.

Have Evo owners got a forum with 11,000 members??? I think probably not, why?? Because a Scooby is an enthusiasts car, an evo is a nice car that goes very quickly with little character (especially the VII) and a crap dashboard that looks similar to my moms Puegeot 206's but a bit bigger..

By the way as I live near Dudley I have paid many visits to Ralliart and looked at Evos and they have an imported STI 7 in the showroom, when i last visited and told the arrogant salesman (colin) that i had ordered an STI he said i could drive the Sti , Evo Vi and Evo VII back to back for a real comparision, he bet me that i would buy a VII. When I returned for the test drives he "was too busy", put your money where your mouth is sunshine.

My point is this, the Scoobynet is a forum for enthusistic Subaru owners not a 'My car is faster than your car' forum (Try Max power forum for that). Everybody I know thinks I am a lucky Bas**d for having a Sti on order and thats that..

See ya

Old 23 February 2002, 08:29 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Have to agree with you Chris, this forum should be used for enthusiasts to swap interesting stories etc and for asking questions about our favourite car. Most posts on here are good, but unfortunately there are the muppets.
Old 23 February 2002, 08:54 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Chris
You should pop in more often, a little mature conversation would be appreciated. Though you did end up having a pop at Ralliart didn't you.

The thing to realise is a bbs is a representation of the wider community:-
Many of Scoobynet's members want to own a Scoob but don't.
The Evo bbs is teetering on the brink of failure 'cos they can't afford to run it, and the RS board goes down more often than a $2 *****

Old 23 February 2002, 09:15 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

but unfortunately there are the muppets

Seriously though why do people out here feel the need to be so defensive about their cars. IMHO what i own is as good as i can afford presently but i'm more than able to appreciate that there are those who have better and fair play to them. The most unfortunate thing to come from Driven was that no one thought to praise the bravery of the bunnies who risked their lives to make the program. We should all sit back and appreciate the effort they made to create great telly.
Old 23 February 2002, 10:16 PM
imatrukahs
Scooby Regular

Got agree with bug eyes here,he may be fecking ugly but his point about the bunnies is valid....
Old 23 February 2002, 10:20 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

Ima me thinks you're being tamed on here!

ps i'm FUGLY you muppet
Old 24 February 2002, 12:26 AM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Talking

LOL @ Banshi
im not even gonna ask, but i met you at well lane, and to me you dont look the 2$ ***** type?
Or is the P1 a cover up car? you really do have an allegro in Clove Brown dont you! LOL

Trending Topics

Old 24 February 2002, 12:20 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Cool

I am just surprised that there are a lot of people on here who could afford to run an EVO but dont. Why is that if they are a better car ? Maybe like me they prefer to drive a scoob. There are pros and cons with both cars neither is perfect I choose the scoob because for me for what I wanted it was better suited than the EVO. Doesnt stop me re-evaluating one next time swop cars. Blinding buying a car because someone told you its better than another is simply stupid.

cheers

chrisp