Sponsored by:

Sell, or break - 96 sti?

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2009, 02:54 PM
NeilSR
Stickerman!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sell, or break - 96 sti?

Ok, not sure what to do at the moment, but I still have the silver impreza sti that I had brought into the country last January, almost sold it, but sale fell through and couldnt be bothered with the time wasters I had already had get in contact

need to get rid asap, but its got no mot or tax and it still has the broken window and its sat in my garage since mid december. Havent got any time or money to put into it so trying to decide what to do, either sell it as it is at a bargain price, or strip it

Current issues are the clocks need replacing due to a resistor failing and throwing out an error code, they are still in kph, but have bought replacements in mph, just need fitting and the converter buying
Needs wheel bearing sorted on the drivers front
Clutch is currently slipping

Has the broken drivers side window, have replacement, just needs fitting
Its a nice looking car with some nice mods, but having 4 cars and only ever really using the picasso, it needs to go, but really cant decide how to go about it, shall i spilt it or shall I just try and sell it as it is for about 2k?
Old 13 February 2009, 04:10 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Price up the parts and labour that are required to get it into good nick, plus maybe the mot & tax. Then find some similar priced models that have sold, to get an indication of price. Then you should be able to price accordingly.

What mods are on it? How much would you get for them? All those things needs to be taken into consideration.
Old 13 February 2009, 04:14 PM
NeilSR
Stickerman!

Have done, maybe looking at spending £600 - £700 on getting the car sorted, taxed and thru mot, and could maybe sell for 2.5-3k

Then looking at mods and prices for parts today for current cars that are breaking I could pull 3-4k for parts

Over the last hour or som Ive been looking more into depth of things, and it seems like breaking is going to be the better answer, will take time to split and sell but I have the space available to break and store the parts, its just the time involved in doing it
Old 13 February 2009, 04:21 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

I think that's sorted then. If you have the time, space and know-how, then it seems to make sense.