Sponsored by:

Tony's GOOD and TRUSTED sellers list

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2009, 11:37 AM
his-n-her-scoobs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tony's GOOD and TRUSTED sellers list

There seem to be several posts floating around about bad experiences with scammers, and about introducing a feedback forum to discourage them.

How about taking the opposite tack and listing the GOOD and TRUSTED sellers on the forum. A good reputation is hard to maintain whereas a poor rep is easily shed, just get another login...

for instance (and I am sure the guys won't mind) my experiences so far are.

TTexige - unused detachable towbar - cheque
Damocell - Goodridge braided brake pipes - paypal
tolster - Samco intercooler Y pipe - cheque
subarujimmy - roof bars - paypal
stevo1970 - Prodrive back box - cheque
starship impreza - 2 port boost solenoid - paypal
scoobymoz - 4 pot caliper anti squeal shims - paypal
Morpheous - V1.5 low mileage short block - COC
Houghton - OEM backbox – COC
Terzo320 - gearbox - COC
Terzo320 - front calipers - COC
type25 – OEM exhaust system – cheque to secure then COC

All items received with no fuss, all exactly as described and I have the contact details.

Please feel free to add your own POSITIVE experiences. But positive only. This thread will serve no purpose if it turns into a whinging/slanging match.

If you have had an issue with anyone on the list, please do not post but PM me and I will edit them from the list.
Old 11 February 2009, 11:55 AM
cube320
Scooby Regular

Ive just recived my first item today, i have brought of here. No problems at all.

Scoobymoz- Induction pipe
Old 11 February 2009, 12:02 PM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTexige - unused detachable towbar - cheque
Damocell - Goodridge braided brake pipes - paypal
tolster - Samco intercooler Y pipe - cheque
subarujimmy - roof bars - paypal
stevo1970 - Prodrive back box - cheque
starship impreza - 2 port boost solenoid - paypal
scoobymoz - 4 pot caliper anti squeal shims - paypal
Morpheous - V1.5 low mileage short block - COC
Houghton - OEM backbox – COC
Terzo320 - gearbox - COC
Terzo320 - front calipers - COC
type25 – OEM exhaust system – cheque to secure then COC
blu-scoob - Standard UK rear lights - Paypal
Bats-wrx - STI interior - COC
53WRX - H & S backbox - COC
Old 11 February 2009, 12:06 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Guys, it's worth noting that ScoobyNet will very shortly have a Trader Feedback system installed. This will allow you to rate sellers (or buyers) on your transactions.
Old 11 February 2009, 12:25 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Also, it only needs one member to join in, who received something from a massive p*ss-taker to undermine the value of others comments...
Old 11 February 2009, 12:39 PM
Harryr34
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

A feedback system for all members would be great, I came accross somthing similar on one of the civic type r forums IIRC

Trending Topics

Old 11 February 2009, 12:45 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

feed back posts are all well and good untill soemthign goes wrong and it turns into a slagging match which 99% of the time threads, let alone sections of the forum, on here end up like and get locked.

theres even been underhand tactics by tuners on here to get bad reputations for other tuners.

Last edited by Tidgy; 11 February 2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11 February 2009, 12:49 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

That was disappointing; wasnt it?
Old 11 February 2009, 12:54 PM
his-n-her-scoobs
Scooby Regular

Guys, it's worth noting that ScoobyNet will very shortly have a Trader Feedback system installed. This will allow you to rate sellers (or buyers) on your transactions.
Can't see that a positive posting section can hurt until we get a feedback forum. We've been waiting a while....

As long as everyone only posts their positive experiences. At least it will be a guide to who may be trusted to deliver.

Last edited by his-n-her-scoobs; 11 February 2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11 February 2009, 01:04 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
That was disappointing; wasnt it?
yeah, i couldn't believe the tuner more or less got away with it still smelling of roses. prob about the most un proffessional thing you could do as company.
Old 11 February 2009, 01:08 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by his-n-her-scoobs
Can't see that a positive posting section can hurt until we get a feedback forum. We've been waiting a while....

As long as everyone only posts their positive experiences. At least it will be a guide to who may be trusted to deliver.

a person might end up with 3 good experiance. but hidden behind the scenes they could be 3000 warning posts.

if you do it you have to have both sides od the story and have option for both good and bad reports.

also it needs to be constructive. too many posts become slagging matches and what should be held behind closed door becomes public where rumours, inccorect statements and some times down right lies end up becoming the believe truth, despite it being complete tosh.

i don't think anyone would aobject to constructive critasism, tuner or private person. problem is it is very very rarley constructive on here and when so still ends up in a slagging match due to people and vendeta's
Old 11 February 2009, 01:13 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Me obviously - sold a few items on here and have always delivered promptly

From the top of my head I can think of
Wmscooby
Harryr34
Boobiman
Stalked
Ravon
Fat_scooby_fella
Ravon (kept me up to date so far)
Guv_specC
And my friend from romford, using scoobynet on my blackberry so can't use search facility.
Also I have used cdfracing a few times and scoobyworld and they have both been very quick delivery(off topic)

Wiley
Old 11 February 2009, 01:54 PM
his-n-her-scoobs
Scooby Regular

a person might end up with 3 good experiance. but hidden behind the scenes they could be 3000 warning posts
Any feedback is an aid, not definitive. Someone doing a search on a user may find a name on a list similar to this, and the 3000 warning posts. Job done.

The problem is most searches will only turn up the wrong uns, who then change their login and carry on regardless. What about the sellers who get it right? They never get a mention.

This post was intended to list my positive experiences only, and any one elses positive experiences if they wished. Not to discuss the relative merits of any feedback system we may or may not have. This is off topic and there are many posts on those topics already. My last word on the subject. Until I add another good seller to my list .

Last edited by his-n-her-scoobs; 11 February 2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11 February 2009, 02:10 PM
New_scooby_04

No feedback system will be perfect and it will always, I repeat, ALWAYS be a case of let the buyer beware!

They do, however, give you a chance to make a somewhat more informed decision, rather than have to try and "dig up the dirt" on someone before buying something off them. In the time it takes you to do that, the bargain that you wanted might have been snapped up by someone willing to take the chance.

You'll just have to use your judgment when interpreting the feedback, positive and negative, as you might before using a trader! If someone has no feedback and is a newbie, then, well, you take a chance by doing business with them, and that's all there is to it!

In the context of a bulletin board, we provide some forums in which you can trade stuff, we cannot and will not ever warrant any transactions.

The webteam is always saddened to learn of people getting ripped off, but there is usually very little we can actually do about it after it happens. The feedback system is just SN trying to do what we can to avoid the trade forums being abused by unscrupulous individuals in the first instance. How you use it, is up to you and -as said above- the rule of buyer beware will always apply.

Ns04
Old 11 February 2009, 02:14 PM
stealthy55
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
yeah, i couldn't believe the tuner more or less got away with it still smelling of roses. prob about the most un proffessional thing you could do as company.
who was that then?
Old 11 February 2009, 02:32 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Tony's GOOD and TRUSTED sellers list
I have not got a list
Old 11 February 2009, 02:34 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Tidgy
Tidgy, if we're thinking about the same thing, the tuner in question made a public apology to the board and to those unfairly criticised in their original comments. They didn't exactly "get away with it". Their "punishment" for want of a better word, was the trade they would have lost from individuals like yourself at the time, who found the incident highly distasteful.

Since stu published the updated T&Cs for SN the rules on what constitutes acceptable trader conduct have been significantly clarified and made more transparent. Conduct that may have before simply been frowned on, but was not explicitly outlawed in the rules for whatever reason, is now covered. I think EVERYONE is now very clear that posting spurious feedback about competitors is NOT acceptable under any circumstances.

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 11 February 2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11 February 2009, 02:38 PM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

It should be the same as NASIOC, if you leave a + or - feedback for the seller/buyer it asks you to link the thread of the transaction before any feedback is left, which I thinks a good on, so no one can start hitting good or mainly bad if they don't like the the seller/buyer.

Cheers wiley!! :thumb

Ricey
aka Stalked!
Old 11 February 2009, 02:46 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Rice Rocket
It should be the same as NASIOC, if you leave a + or - feedback for the seller/buyer it asks you to link the thread of the transaction before any feedback is left, which I thinks a good on, so no one can start hitting good or mainly bad if they don't like the the seller/buyer.

Cheers wiley!! :thumb

Ricey
aka Stalked!
iTrader. Take a look over at PassionFord for an example
Old 11 February 2009, 05:58 PM
GPD
Scooby Regular

Feedback system sounds good, but not bad idea to start off with basic list to make others aware.
Old 11 February 2009, 08:46 PM
zeuss
Scooby Regular

I have just had a dealing with Brett_555_Sti and can I say he was really good I purchased an Undertray for my scoop off him and he kept in touch with me throughout and even traced the package to my local post office when it hadnt arrived

so a big thank you to Brett_555_Sti
Old 12 February 2009, 12:31 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stealthy55
who was that then?

not gonna say matey, as said its in the past and is sorted. i was more using it as an example of what can happen.
Old 12 February 2009, 12:35 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Tidgy, if we're thinking about the same thing, the tuner in question made a public apology to the board and to those unfairly criticised in their original comments. They didn't exactly "get away with it". Their "punishment" for want of a better word, was the trade they would have lost from individuals like yourself at the time, who found the incident highly distasteful.
i still think what happened was made light but as i and you said thats in the past and not worth dragging it up and after all the penalties for what happened, wether enough or too light is personal opinion.
Old 12 February 2009, 02:32 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I'd like to think me, myself and I, for car parts I have sold and also the artwork I currently do for members.

Had good experiences with...

Madhammer - Spoiler
T5OLF - Door handles

Actually thinking now, I've had allsorts off here for suspension, hoses, mudflaps, but can't for the life of me remember the sellers. The feedback forum would imho be a good idea. Will need tweaking and will be abused unfortunately, but if caught early and tweaks are made, I see it being an overall useful function.
Old 12 February 2009, 02:52 PM
andywiddss1
Scooby Regular

ha ha im same had a good few bits off people on hear but carnt remember there names
Old 12 February 2009, 08:11 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I thought Stalked! was o.k. but he's morph'd into Rice Rocket

Mickyjeff too !

dunx
Old 12 February 2009, 08:25 PM
w88chy
Scooby Regular

Aye Stalked aka Rice Rocket too - easy transaction.
Old 12 February 2009, 09:28 PM
weeebell
Scooby Regular

I've had a look at some of the things people have listed that they have sold, door handles, mudflaps, hoses. Things that a lot of us have lying around.

I'm not trying to be negative, but a feedback system could be used against us.
Say, a newbie sells some cheap parts he has in the garage, ie, the above I mentioned.

Then he lists for sale something that costs £200-£300. People see positive feedback for 6 or 7 transactions and think its an honest guy, next thing someones out of a lot of cash.

The only way we will fix this problem on our site is to stop people with a post count below 200/300 etc selling goods on here.
Old 12 February 2009, 09:34 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^
you could say that, but with if like a guy did lots of post in a short period then decided to go and scam some people and leave scoobynet after... not me lol

wiley

Quick Reply: Tony's GOOD and TRUSTED sellers list