Sponsored by:

The Driven Debate.

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2002, 08:22 PM
jason b
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

You lot are like F*CKING babies if it had been the other way you would have been shouting it out loud, but it wasnt, even if 2/3 people on the programme it might of been closer but they didnt and you have NO argument, what is wrong with you people?
The sti is a fantastic car and not far behind, but if you want the ultimate ultimate in this class then it is the evo, the sti is just a bit softer all-round thats all, and as the the looks it says it all when subaru have gave a contract to prodrive to change every panel on the car if they wish due to sales worldwide being down.
But that is not the argument, is suggest that you drive a 7 before you comment.
I mean not one of them chose the sti and you could tell by their reaction when driving how good it was, please come on people be gracious in defeat or are you not man/woman enough if so you should look at yourselves as you are acting like kids.
I must stress again the sti is a brilliant car, of that there is no question but the evo is better.
Come on guys/gals be honest things move on Man Utd will not be the best for long, neither will Lennox Lewis etc etc, every dog has its day and it goes full circle.
J
Old 22 February 2002, 08:37 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

I agree.
The folk on here are very quick to shout when things are cracking but very quiet when they`re not. I owned an Evo 5 fir a while and know the differences.
The STI is a great car dont get me wrong but its clear that the Evo rocks.
Old 22 February 2002, 08:39 PM
PEN
Scooby Regular

You know sometimes these programs are controlled by the advertisers, sometimes by the manufacturers, and sometimes it's just someone else's turn depending on who is pulling the strings.

Do any of you remember when the Fiat (thing can't remember the name) but looks like a squashed fog (it'll come to me) won car of the year on the ? Jeremy Clarkson show (can't remember the name of that either) - do you see where I'm coming from - can't remember... so how important is it... do you really need a bunch of TV peeps who wouldn't know their mini from their fiesta to tell you you're driving the best car on the planet? Don't think so, if you do then maybe you ARE driving the wrong car....

In fact there was an incident a couple of years ago when DRIVEN were filming Mini's at Santa Pod (those that were there will probably remember)... they couldn't get a camera angle cause there were so many Scoobs in every shot and DT's wife & I were off camera yelling - SUUUU BAAAAAA RUUUU every time they tried to film...

Passing fad - big pay off - you know - yeah the EvO's a great car tested one... but the Scoob has done the distance and is staying...

P
Mulipla (looked it up in Auto Express that's how great it was!)
Old 22 February 2002, 09:10 PM
jason b
Scooby Regular

Cool

Pen what a load of shi*e mate , for the amount of evos that will come to this country would not justify the amount they would of had to pay as i have every mag that put the 2 against each other and the evo won all except TG.
And you have not drove one mate as you would not argue.
cheers az
j