Sponsored by:

The Subaru Experience...

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2009, 08:39 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Subaru Experience...

Well the RA is provisionally sold so these are the last few weeks I will enjoy the car.

Had an excuse to actually use it as intended the last 3 days and I was fortunate enough to attack an very technical 10.5 mile B road where the car came alive.

However I had another one of those "Subaru Experience" moments which these cars seem to create. Was driving back from oop north and decided to get off the motorway and hit the A/B roads back down to Buckinghamshire.

Majority of the route was clear with the odd slow cars easily dispatched thanks to the RA's amazing point-to-point performance however during the last leg of my journey I got stuck behind an Omega estate driven by some guy in his 60's.

But hats off to him, the chap can drive! We were both stuck behind a slow driver that would have been better off walking

I was hanging near the middle of the lane at this point to look at the road ahead and spot any oppertunities (all the while keeping an eye on my sat Nav and Snooper devices). I noticed the old guy was also getting ready to overtake however to my surprise he winds his window down and waves his hand to overtake.

I hit the IC spray and dropped down to 3rd gear to get my boost up, a few seconds later he pulls out and chase after him and then he pulls in and waves me on to let me overtake him and pull in - top man!

I pulled into a Shell garage and he turns up, about 5 minutes into over conversation and it turns out he is an aging petrol head who has had his fair share of scoobies!

Looking at him you would think he was one of those old codgers who insists on driving at 29 mph everywhere but he turned out to be a top bloke and was very keen to learn more about the "mellow yellow" RA.

Thats what I love about this brand and the scoobies, they have a way of creating conversation with people you least expect to have a chat with.

Awesome, can't wait till I get my next scoobie!
Old 21 January 2009, 10:20 PM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a good evening. Fair play to the guy.
Old 21 January 2009, 10:24 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

top bloke, hard to get any respect for any nice cars round my area...

wiley
Old 22 January 2009, 06:17 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

It can become a way of life.
Old 22 January 2009, 07:59 PM
New_scooby_04

Because they make decent day to day cars, it's easy to fall into the trap of just using them in day to day environments and forgetting what they can do when the roads permit. When you get a reminder, it's a grin inducing experience!
Old 22 January 2009, 08:07 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I'll second that !

I sometimes forget that three cars are a minor inconvenience, even with some on-coming traffic,

dunx

P.S. within five weeks mine should be "finished".