Sponsored by:

SCOOBYCLINIC

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2009, 06:20 PM
mathsteacher
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCOOBYCLINIC

seen these guys get a few bad comments of late. people are quick to report any problems they have but rarely give praise.
went on sat morning ( my seventh visit) and as always was greeted by the staff with open arms, car was not booked in just dropped in on the off chance they could fit some whiteline drop links and as always they said they would.
spent time talking to the lads and pat who does the mapping about future options. nothing is too much trouble for these lads and i will never go anywhere else.

thanks again to kev and the chaps at the clinic, everytime i come away with more knowledge and a car in tip top condition.
Old 20 January 2009, 06:28 PM
Going 4 400bhp
Scooby Regular

I must say i find on this site a lot of people say thanks but not the other way round myself

Not talking about API i mean all the mappers, garages and sales people on here.

Well done on this one API but i must say after 3 calls and 2 PM's David never did get back to me to tell me what piston's and rods were put in my block when they built it My clutch that i got off them for £660 got here the quick though
Old 20 January 2009, 06:38 PM
stara
Scooby Regular

eh?
Old 20 January 2009, 07:31 PM
shawn r
Scooby Regular

nothing but praise for those guys, never had a problem. always happy to talk to you as well.
Old 20 January 2009, 07:56 PM
mathsteacher
Scooby Regular

does not seem to matter on spend its the all round good service they give, saturday only cost 50 quid. cant believe the difference whitleline droplinks make compared to the standard plastic rubbish
Old 20 January 2009, 08:05 PM
scoobymyster
Scooby Regular

I've had a few things done at the Scooby clinic
Replacment engine
New clutch
Morretts headlights
Mudflaps
Dump valve
New battery.
I must say now that I'm not slating them as the exellent reputation they have got speeks for itself.
But when I've had work done by them I've always got the impresion that unless your spending 20 k your a bit uninportant.
I mean I had the replacment engine and they wouldn't give me any warranty what so ever, I mean forgive me if this is the norm for a used engine but it didn't really leave me feeling very confident. Though I will admit ( touch wood) that it's been sweet ever since.
I also had a new battery fitted, and as you said I wasn't booked in, I just turned up and they fitted me in straight away, though when I got home I lifted the bonnet so I could have a look at my nice newly fitted battery, I found that the battery clamp had been left lying on the top of my engine, or at least half of it had, I'm not sure what happend to the rest of it.
I'm looking now at having my Scooby mapped just for peice of mind but I'm afraid to say I don't think il be taking it to the clinic, not because I don't think they can do it, because I think they may be the best people to do it, I just feel that because your not having 20k rebuilds, your not really valued as a customer.
As I've said I'm aware that they do know what there doing and that the reputation speaks for itself, and I've spoken to the lads, an they are sh"t hot , and that this is just my opinion.
Old 20 January 2009, 08:20 PM
mathsteacher
Scooby Regular

everyone has an opinion and that is exactly how it should be, i was posting really to re affirm the fact that people rarely say whrn they have a good experience anywhere but are very quick to say when they have a bad one

Trending Topics

Old 20 January 2009, 08:21 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

They were better than they are. Theyre living off past laurels. With regards to warranty, the law offers far more protection than skanky second hand engine sellers ever offer...
Old 20 January 2009, 08:34 PM
scoobymyster
Scooby Regular

It's like last week,
I phoned them up for a price on a set of eibach lowering springs, spoke to Adam, he said he'd phone me straight back with a price.
I'm still waiting now for him to phone me, car goes in to a lacal garage on Thursday to have set of springs fitted.
They need to remember the old saying "pennys make pounds".
That's a £1000 worth of work they have lost of me with springs and remap.
Makes you think when some garages are sruggling day to day to get work
Old 20 January 2009, 09:40 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

i used to spend a lot of time and money down at scooby clinic,in fact it got as i was there nearly every weekend.the mechanics down there are a great bunch of lads and were always willing to talk.but then i had an engine built by pennine subaru which to say i had nothing but trouble with is an understatment.so i went down to the clinic to try an get things sorted,i wont go into detail of what went on but i just felt like there was a massive comunication problem between every body.i was left waiting around while the car was stood and nothing was getting sorted,after all day waiting around was told they couldnt fit me in as the car that was on the dyno took longer than they thought,which wasnt there falt i admit so i went home and the week later i booked it in again.took it down spent over 9 hours stood around again and went home still not sorted out.so time went by and in the meentime i had bought an autronics ecu,so i rung them again all i wanted was to map my car with the new ecu,this was on a monday, adam replied ring back wed as pat is in thurs,fri.so rung back wed,adamsaid pat not in yet i will ring you back to see if he can do it thurs for you,never rung me back.i rang thurs morn,can you get me in,adam said pat not in al ring you after dinner to see if he can do it, never rung me back.fri morn came so i rung again any chance of doing it today,adam again replies pats just gone on a road test i will ring you soon as he gets back,never rung me back.now either they dont need buisness anymore or its just me over reacting but after all that i dont think i will be going back there as much as i used to like going down and having a chat with some of the lads that work there.what does it take just to pick up the phone and ring someone back,not a lot.
Old 20 January 2009, 09:54 PM
scoobymyster
Scooby Regular

To be honest before my engine packed up on me I'd booked my car into the clinic for a diagnostics rolling road run.
When I arrived on the saterday morning, Adam asked me why I wanted a diagnostics run, I explained my problems , intermitant loss of power and dash light kept comeing on.
Adam asked me what fuel I was running, I told him Bp ultimate.
He said there's your problem, you should use nothing other than v power, he said I wouldn't waste your money on a diagnostics run.
So from then on I put nothing other than v power in it, and about a month later the engine packed up, it was found to be knackered and not repairable.
So £ 3500 later I wish I'd have had that diagnostics run.
Old 20 January 2009, 09:59 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

What Adam knows would make an interesting topic (but not a long one I think).....
Old 20 January 2009, 11:38 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I give this thread ten minutes.
Old 21 January 2009, 09:33 AM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

^ Good job you did not bet money!
Old 21 January 2009, 10:49 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Going 4 400bhp
I must say i find on this site a lot of people say thanks but not the other way round myself

Not talking about API i mean all the mappers, garages and sales people on here.

Well done on this one API but i must say after 3 calls and 2 PM's David never did get back to me to tell me what piston's and rods were put in my block when they built it My clutch that i got off them for £660 got here the quick though

Huh!

Has this got on the wrong thread somehow? I don't see the connection between this about us and Scoobyclinic??

Sorry about the engine spec details - ya got me there At least we got the clutch thing right

Let me know an invoice name / number and l'll do it today.

David APi
Old 21 January 2009, 09:26 PM
Going 4 400bhp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by APIDavid
Huh!

Has this got on the wrong thread somehow? I don't see the connection between this about us and Scoobyclinic??

Sorry about the engine spec details - ya got me there At least we got the clutch thing right

Let me know an invoice name / number and l'll do it today.

David APi
David don't worry about me iv gone nut's i think?

I don't even know why i posted this???

I don't have a invoice number it was Mark cooks old car.

Got your attention though
Old 21 January 2009, 10:59 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

There's nothing wrong with people posting about any dealings they have had with tuning companys as it allows people the benefit of others experience and when word gets back the CO may make suitable changes.[As above]
Old 22 January 2009, 08:58 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

to mathsteacher, there are tons of thank you threads in the tuners section
Old 22 January 2009, 04:10 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peanuts
to mathsteacher, there are tons of thank you threads in the tuners section
wheres the tuners section?
Old 22 January 2009, 06:48 PM
prwatts
Scooby Regular

Yes, It would be good to have a tuning section like NASIOC have.
Old 22 January 2009, 07:15 PM
scoobymyster
Scooby Regular

I'm a joiner and I get alot of my work by word of mouth, so I have to treat people right and do a good job, why should tuners be any different, I can't do two good jobs treating people right and the think right I've got my good rep I can treat folk like **** now and expect to keep work comeing inn.
They left my battery clamp on my engine after a new battery being fitted, I got no appologey, they didn't even offer to fit me a new one.
I seem to be getting a few private messages from people with their bad experiences with Scooby clinic, I'm not sure why they don't post them in main forum.
Old 22 January 2009, 07:27 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Ive never dealt with the clinic but have dealt with some othe well known tuners on here that get good press. My own experience is that unless you want to spend loads of money there not interested. In my case i wanted a lambda sensor at short notice and didnt get called back as i was told i would be. Then after i called a couple of times it was ordered and a delivery date was set. That date went and i never got it, In the end wemt somewhere else. The point being since the lambda sensor issue i have spent alot of money on the car on mods including ecu but not a penny went to that company as already said pennies make pounds. get the small stuff right and the big stuff will follow
Old 23 January 2009, 12:37 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobymyster
I'm a joiner and I get alot of my work by word of mouth, so I have to treat people right and do a good job, why should tuners be any different, I can't do two good jobs treating people right and the think right I've got my good rep I can treat folk like **** now and expect to keep work comeing inn.
They left my battery clamp on my engine after a new battery being fitted, I got no appologey, they didn't even offer to fit me a new one.
I seem to be getting a few private messages from people with their bad experiences with Scooby clinic, I'm not sure why they don't post them in main forum.

tends to be cos its a very one sided view of what happened.
Old 23 January 2009, 02:28 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tidgy
tends to be cos its a very one sided view of what happened.
Ain't that the truth..............
Old 23 January 2009, 04:08 PM
scoobymyster
Scooby Regular

Yeagh the customers side , the one who's paying the bill
Yeagh ?
Old 23 January 2009, 04:42 PM
typerchris
Scooby Regular

Well i remember a few years back now when i purchased my type r from the clinic and i mentioned many problems i had with them i got slated on here for simply sharing my exprience which was very very costly to me. It would be wrong of me to say i am glad other people have issues with them however i am glad to know i'm not the only one.

It was a complete joke that i travelled 250 miles to pick up my car and it was not ready.

Further more it was missing the olive to prevent overboost which in turn cost me new engine oh and the clutch was screwed.

Thanks for the cracking service ha ha
Old 23 January 2009, 07:58 PM
jh1
Scooby Regular

Default clinic poo

i too had bad experience at scoobyclinic. had service, springs[eibach] and geometry. not only did they charge more than quoted over the phone, drove the car home [40 miles], both front springs knocking. went back next day to sort it and was told this sometimes happens some customers put up with the noise, i told them no way, so on went whiteline springs, still not write so i told them to put the standards back on. used tsl since with no probs
Old 23 January 2009, 11:07 PM
P-1prodrive
Scooby Regular

i live just outside london,and have a massive journey to the clinic,but would never take my sti8 anywhere else.i can honestly say i have never seen such a lovely bunch of people with such enthusiasm for theyre work.i have been for expensive work and also smaller items,and every time i have been treated with the upmost importance.my car as with many of you guys is my pride and joy,and they treat it with the same value i do.i work in the motor trade myself,and there is no garage in the world that is without fault.im just trying to say,in my eyes scoobyclinic are the best and deffinatly most honest tuning garage in the buisness ,and would recomend anyone to them for any work without question,cheers, pete.
Old 24 January 2009, 09:12 AM
prwatts
Scooby Regular

Maybe those of us involved in the Service Industry see things differently. There is no smoke without fire. My experience (documented) with Scoobyclinic is probably the worst client-supplier relationship I have ever had, including my professional life. We just cannot seem to resolve our differences of opinion and it has been such a stressful and unhappy time that I have tried to sell my Scooby. Despite what protestations I am sure there are, I have been dreadfully unhappy and I am the one shelling out the thousands (and I continue to do so)
I know a few guys who would just prefer to keep quiet so this is probably the tip of the iceberg.
It also seems that the suppliers in a particular region are also a bit of a cartel so one must be careful not to pee on one's doorstep, so to speak. I find it surprising behaviour as the economic crunch comes. API David, you have dissappointed me, lost a client, supporter, and probably a fair bit of dough.
There are always 2 sides to every coin. I am in the business of supplying to government so I know what it is like to deal with a haughty, often one-sided, unreasonable client who refuses to hear the facts and threatens with his order book. But in my case I feel genuinely aggrieved. I am not some dimwit trying to put Kev out of business, as he accuses, or trying to get something for free. Quite the reverse. When I have a question, I would like it answered man-to-man not like he's the Sherriff of Nottingham or something. I think all the foot-soldiers up at the farm are great but I get a horrible feeling in my gut every time I think about how I have been treated like I this. 3 times. And I never closed the door on communication, the ball is in Kev's court.

Lastly, I challenge the Suppliers, and the controllers of this fine Forum, to thoughtfully come up with a form of feedback that protects both Suppliers and Clients, something like ebay. Guys, it works quite well.
Old 24 January 2009, 11:24 AM
scoobymyster
Scooby Regular

Couldn't have put it better if I tried, I don't want anyone to loose work or get bad press. But why shouldn't we be able to leave feedback on the service we have received.
It's like I've said my replacment engine I'd awsome, loads better than the old one, and hat off to the clinic for that, but the battery clamp left on the engine by one of , if not, the best Subaru specialist is very poor.
I would welcome a feedback system.
I've always thought that's what forums are for.
Maybe we could have a negative and neutral forum and a positive forum.
Then those who obviously are to scared or can't exept criticisame can just see what they want

Quick Reply: SCOOBYCLINIC