Sponsored by:

Problems

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2001, 04:58 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Thought this might be of interest, especially to anyone having a new clutch.

Anyway, over Xmas I was having two problems with my scoob. Firstly the battery kept running flat if left for more than two days.
Secondly I was finding it ever more difficult to engage third gear.

I found the battery problem was down to the boot light staying on. I put this down to a faulty switch and disconnected the bulb until I could get it sorted.

As the car is still under warranty I booked it in to my local dealer(CVC Cardiff) to have the work done, thinking that it would need a new bootlight switch and the gear linkage adjusting.

Imagine my horror when I picked up the car and was presented with a bill for almost £200.

The battery problem was traced to a trapped wire, caused by my local I.C.E dealer when he fitted new speakers for me two weeks before Xmas.

The gear problem was down to the ***** up of a job that another dealer had done some months earlier.I had previously been unhappy with the clutch job when I saw one bolt had five washers on it.I left CVC on a mission to get my money back from these two companies.

Fisrly I went to the I.C.E dealer, told him the problem and showed him the crushed wire. He immediately admitted liability, apologised
and gave me a full refund. No problem.

Then phoned Subaru dealer who fobbed me off with usual story of I'll get the manager to phone you back. No phone call was forthcoming. So two days later and more calls it's into the car for 30 mile trip to dealer.

On arrival I explained that a plate had been wrongly fitted and a spring also fitted which should not have been, thus causing something to wear which was causing gear problems. They tried fobbing me off with the old "I'll ring you back" story but I told them I wasn't leaving til it was sorted.After I insisted they put another car on the ramp to compare and see that they had done wrong I finally got them to admit they might have made a mistake. Getting the money off them was going to be another matter. However after taking legal advice and telling them this I finally got my money back.

Just goes to show how different two companies can be. The first I would go back to no problem. As for the Subaru dealer, no chance. Shows how wrong some of these customer care things can be doesn't it.
Rant Over

Chip

Old 31 January 2001, 06:12 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its such a shame we can't name and shame isn't it?? But I guess it would be open to abuse?

Pete
Old 01 February 2001, 04:19 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Then again at least no-one else would suffer the crap service that I have.

Chip.
Old 01 February 2001, 04:39 PM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

What an absolute pain Chip, good that you were prepared to stand up to them.
Do they have any idea how inconvenient and stressful these sorts of problems are?
Glad you got it sorted, dealers hate to spend money on warranty repairs, its a losing situation for them, but thats what you pay dealership prices for, so its worthwhile making sure they honor their agreements.
If you missed a payment, they'd have a hernia, but whenever they have to pay out, they become experts in the art of squirm.
Got to have my alarm fixed under warranty on Saturday, hope it goes a lot more smoothly, fortuanately, in my years of Honda ownership, they have been pretty good.
Gray