ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Purchased from ScoobyNet Members

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2009, 01:35 PM
TingTongPJ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchased from ScoobyNet Members

Just bit of information with regards to the many recent posts about people being ripped off by fellow scoobynetters.

i have purchased 2 items recently 1 from user bob r and 1 from user komatsu, i would like to say to anyone wanting to purchase anything from either of these members that they are honest and very reliable. the items i purchased where both very well priced, delivered quickly exactly as advised and in the condition described. i hope this will restore some faith that not everone is out to rip us all off and spoil it for the rest of us honest people.

i would also like to make a comment on how i generally purchase anything i need.
1, i collect and pay cash wherever possible.
2, using paypal, if paying via paypal i always fund my payment with my visa card. the reason i do this is because if i need to open a dispute and paypal do not get my money back i simply issue a chageback charge via my visa card company.
i find following these couple of rules tend to make buying a bit safer.

i hope i've not bored anyone to much but i think some feedback about other members goes a long way especially if your worried about buying something you need.
Old 15 January 2009, 01:40 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its always good to hear about good honest people, not the scum thats out to rip members off.
Old 15 January 2009, 05:31 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Good on you fella

Just goes to show though,we need a whole dedicated section for buying and selling comments / feedback etc etc so all good and bad experiences can be shared.
Old 15 January 2009, 06:21 PM
TingTongPJ
Scooby Regular

i agree some kind of feedback forum perhaps ! i myself have quite a bit of stuff i want to get rid of and it would be nice for other people to see that i am reliable.
Old 15 January 2009, 06:35 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's good to hear this, you only ever hear bad news which is why life is all doom and gloom. The odd good news story makes the world of difference. Some useful tips as well for those sceptics who don't feel they can get an assured purchase unless they go to a trader.