ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Citroen C4

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2009, 08:43 PM
Ianm1983
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Citroen C4

I goes on the C4 owners site to protest at the idiot who almost hit me head on yesterday overtaking someone on the wrong side of the road, told them where and when it happened, described the car including its owners site sticker as id like a word with the lad, he almost killed me and my 18 month old son, I think most people would!

I wasnt rude, didnt swear, just said what had happened and asked if anyone knew the car (how many C4 VTr's dya reckon there are in teesside?)

guess what they did?

Banned me and my IP address so I cant even view the site now

And I got an email telling me subarus are cack!

It seems not all owners clubs are friendly places!

I guess ill just have to find him the old fashioned way and hope I see him again
Old 13 January 2009, 08:45 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Link to the site and thread please.
Old 13 January 2009, 09:02 PM
Ianm1983
Scooby Regular

I cant give you the thread coz I cant get on anymore but its

http://c4owners.org/

they have a lounge area similar to this, i posted an FAO in there, username was scoobydoo, probably deleted when I was banned to be honest, just thought id let you all know C4 owners are W4nkers

If a dude came on here saying something similar about a scooby driver and identified him, hed get royally flamed for sure.
Old 13 January 2009, 09:10 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

freiendly folk then . good old search and destroy missions are better if u know what i mean
Old 13 January 2009, 09:14 PM
Ianm1983
Scooby Regular

to be honest from a citroen c4 owners site I expected to find a whole load of old blokes talking about roofracks n that

instead i found a load of tracksuit wearing freaks who think its ok to almost kill someone in the aid of showing everyone how quiq your 1.4 VTR is

Silly people

I can only imagine the e-battering id have got if someone came on here and told everyone id done something similar
Old 13 January 2009, 10:06 PM
Steve_PPP
Scooby Regular

thats rubbish

just looked on there and your post does look to have been removed....
Old 13 January 2009, 10:32 PM
Ianm1983
Scooby Regular

Either they are just not bothered thata forum member drives like that or hes admin and realised heg get his *** booted

either way im gona pull his baseball cap wearing head off if I see him again the little ******
Old 14 January 2009, 09:32 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'll join and post this thread up. No doubt it will be vapped too! But I like a bit of sport.
Old 14 January 2009, 10:52 AM
superstar1
BANNED

Could do with going on this C4 site because i need to know where i can buy 4X4 Turbo C4.
Old 14 January 2009, 07:41 PM
monkeynutters
Scooby Newbie

For a start, your post was dumped due to your attitude. Not what you had to say.

Had you come on and said what you did in this thread to begin with, your post would likely still be there.

Instead you came on saying C4's aren't real cars, and that they should move over for "real cars". And then proceeded to go on a rant about the person who nearly hit you. Generally insulting him etc, etc

So basically it was deleted because you came on the forum with an attitude. While yes I can understand it reading this, on the C4 forum it came across very differently. Also you didn't say it was a head on with you on our forum. Infact I seem to recall it was you who said you were overtaken and that he nearly went into someone else. Which would make more sense, otherwise how do you see the club sticker on the car in a headon?

Two very different posts between here and there to be honest.

The thread also degenerated into various flames, Something we try to steer clear of on the forum. And email wise well there are over 7000 members not all of them are going to be friendly. We can't control everyones attitude. Not sure who banned you but I think the fact someone else came and signed up as Scoobydoo2 thought they should both be banned.

We have had issues before where we have had people sign up just to cause problems. Again in reflection of your first post on the site. And no other reason to be there except flame someone. The accounts were dumped.

The tracksuit wearing freak bit...The same can be applied for the mass majority of classic scoob drivers I see. Come on now. No need for that. The type and ages of owners varies massively on the site. From 16 - 60+. Guys that mod to those that leave things standard. Can't judge someone by something so small.

I can understand your annoyance but perhaps your post would have gone down better, had you simply phrased it better. And kept your cool. You're making us out to look like the bad guys here. But your attitude to begin with wasn't exactly pleasant was it? Be honest now.

Plus we simply don't know how many Silver VTR's are in teeside. Who is to say the car is from there and not just visiting? Plus the VTR is the most common model on the road...especially in silver, Like you you said. There must be bloody hundreds of them on the road. And the guy who did it obviously isn't going to own up as again it would turn into a flames fest. We simply can't tell who did it. How are we supposed to be able to tell you all the C4's that are in that part of the country and pin it down to that 1 person?

I can understand you are upset but you did come across the wrong way.

Last edited by monkeynutters; 14 January 2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 14 January 2009, 08:28 PM
Ianm1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by monkeynutters
For a start, your post was dumped due to your attitude. Not what you had to say.

an attitude caused only by someone nearly killing me, who I could only (maybe) contact via your site, i apologise if i came across wrong but the kid drove like a gimp

Had you come on and said what you did in this thread to begin with, your post would likely still be there.

Instead you came on saying C4's aren't real cars, and that they should move over for "real cars". And then proceeded to go on a rant about the person who nearly hit you. Generally insulting him etc, etc

I called him a kid, which he was and called him an idiot, which he is, the real cars comment was aimed at his obvious opinion that his car is more worthy of (even oncoming) lanes of the public highways than other road users, not at your members in general

So basically it was deleted because you came on the forum with an attitude. While yes I can understand it reading this, on the C4 forum it came across very differently. Also you didn't say it was a head on with you on our forum. Infact I seem to recall it was you who said you were overtaken and that he nearly went into someone else. Which would make more sense, otherwise how do you see the club sticker on the car in a headon?

Because I u turned and followed him but lost him in traffic, it was head on, had he overtaken id have not let him back over to teach him a lesson in manners.

2 very different posts between here and there to be honest.

The thread also degenerated into various flames, Something we try to steer clear of on the forum. And email wise well there are over 7000 members not all of them are going to be friendly. We can't control everyones attitude. Not sure who banned you but I think the fact someone else came and signed up as Scoobydoo2 thought they should both be banned.

Im asuming that was a scoobnet user, I cant even view your site now

We have had issues before where we have had people sign up just to cause problems. Again in reflection of your first post on the site. And no other reason to be there except flame someone. The accounts were dumped.

The tracksuit wearing freak bit...The same can be applied for the mass majority of classic scoob drivers I see. Come on now. No need for that. The type and ages of owners varies massively on the site. From 16 - 60+. Guys that mod to those that leave things standard. Can't judge someone by something so small.

Was aimed purely at the individual, he was wearing a tracksuit and baseball cap, apologies to anyne who felt it was aimed at them

I can understand your annoyance but perhaps your post would have gone down better, had you simply phrased it better. And kept your cool. You're making us out to look like the bad guys here. But your attitude to begin with wasn't exactly pleasant was it? Be honest now.

No it wasnt, your right, but how pleasant would you be if the roles were reversed? im not saying its right but it is what it is, I was more annoyed that my 1 year old son was in the car, imagine that being posted on your site..... doesnt bear thinking about

Plus we simply don't know how many Silver VTR's are in teeside. Who is to say the car is from there and not just visiting? Plus the VTR is the most common model on the road...especially in silver, Like you you said. There must be bloody hundreds of them on the road. And the guy who did it obviously isn't going to own up as again it would turn into a flames fest. We simply can't tell who did it. How are we supposed to be able to tell you all the C4's that are in that part of the country and pin it down to that 1 person?

I dont see many C4 VTR's about, I thought someone might know who it was, especially with the owner being so lairy and with the owners sticker

I can understand you are upset but you did come across the wrong way.
I understand that i may have come across the wrong way and I aplogise if i upset anyone, I know you nor anyone else can identify the person and he is unlikely to come forward bu if in a week or so a member puts his car up fo sale because some guy driving a blue subaru snapped both his legs, you know where i am

Thanks you for your time and for explaining the deal I appreciate it and m faith in Citroen drivers is restored (not saxos tho, thatll never happen)