Sponsored by:

Lad at work car jacked !!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2002, 12:30 PM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

A guy I work with was driving into City Center Manchester on Friday last week in his Alfa 147, stopped at the lights only to be pulled from his car by 5 youths and then his girl friend dragged from the car. The youths gave him a couple of punches and then sped off in the car.

The car was found 1 hour later completely smashed up and written off, what a great world we live in.

Both were unhurt but very badly shaken.

Darren.
Old 20 February 2002, 12:31 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Angry

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] getting more and more riled everytime I read these things...
Old 20 February 2002, 12:49 PM
RAZZ
Scooby Regular

Fvckin tvvats, makes me sick everytime i hear of something like this, and it seems Manchester and the surrounding areas are the hot spots for these muppets.

RAZZ.
Old 20 February 2002, 12:49 PM
Infinity
Scooby Regular

Angry

Obviously the youths were brave. 5 lads against a lad and a lass. b@st@rds like that dont deserve the privilege of life. Shooting them is only a waste of a bullet. Even if the police did catch them, what are they likely to get. Community service, a real deterent against car crime. Yet if you lash out back the law comes down on you like a ton of bricks. Thats if they are interested! Then what happens to your next insurance premium, its through the f***ing roof.
A no win situation unless you are the criminal. Nice to see the law working for the victim again!

[Edited by Infinity - 2/20/2002 2:51:46 PM]
Old 20 February 2002, 12:54 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

W4NKRS!

This country is getting worse. It won't be long before someone realises that crime is on the up, and that it will be an "election winner" (yawn). Something does need to be done as it's getting stupid.

And it ain't just scoobys.

Sympathy to your mates, hope they're alright and not too f'kd up by the experience.

Nick.
Old 20 February 2002, 12:58 PM
FreeT
Scooby Regular

Not good news again, ust reminds you all to put locks on when in towns.
Old 20 February 2002, 01:00 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

A colleague of mine had come down to Bracknell from Leeds via Manchester yesterday and when he stopped at a pedestrian crossing in Manchester some nutter tried to open his passenger door and was banging on the window. He floored it and drove away. He was driving a 3dr BMW 328i with the M bodykit.

There are some nutters about, so make sure you always lock your doors.
Old 20 February 2002, 01:01 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Angry

When the old bill does nick 'em, the bleeding heart liberal toffee nosed wakner magistrates ask them politely not to do it again and let them go free...Again, and again, etc...

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

NO DETERRENT = NO RESPECT

NO RESPECT = CRIME & VIOLENT CRIME

When will this government and the judicial system come to terms with that? Not a difficult equation!

Old 20 February 2002, 01:14 PM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

The Manchester Police force are now using Prodrive MY01's to try and catch these w4nkers and it seems Manchester is the place to live for this sort of crime, The scum will think it's Christmas when the Common Wealth Game start and there are lots of people from out of town with cameras and money on them.

Darren.
Old 20 February 2002, 01:40 PM
dosenöffner
Scooby Regular

Probably only a matter of time before the police get car-jacked if they are using Scoobs.

These people are that dumb.
Old 20 February 2002, 01:44 PM
jasonleeds
Scooby Regular

Angry

As a victim myself....not a nice thing to happen. I've lost my NCB and my insurance will no doubt rise when it comes to renewal...and none of it my fault.
Old 20 February 2002, 02:44 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Angry

It's fair to say that if the scum that did this are ever caught by the police and brought in front of a magistrate they will get off relatively lightly IMHO. The cars they are steeling (putting aside the violence used for one minute, which is a more serious crime) are worth approx £20-50K by most reports.

How would these scum be dealt with if it was cash they were steeling? I'm certain they would recieve a lot harsher sentance. What's the difference really?

Old 20 February 2002, 02:48 PM
FreeT
Scooby Regular

Government can't deal with the numbers involved in crime so they dont have anywhere to put them if they convicted them.

Capital punishment - or at least cut their hands off.
Old 20 February 2002, 02:58 PM
Elvis Presley
Scooby Regular

Cut their heads off and give em a job collecting trolleys at Tescos.
Old 20 February 2002, 02:58 PM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

that's the thing isn't it, if money is involved it's a different story. Take, for example, the Dome Diamond guys. They got, what was it, 15 years each?

That was a massive operation, helicopters, boats, armed police etc... all for what - because someone was going to steal some pretty stones.

It would seem that crimes where people get hurt don't seem to matter as much :-/

M
Old 20 February 2002, 08:14 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Mattski2

Couldn't agree more, it was the same with the Great Train Robbers. All got 30 years, all right they hurt the train driver but for gods sake, thugs have murdered children and women and only served half of thier 20 year sentences in some cases. The judicial system in this country is a complete and utter shambles. Its getting to the stage where it will be a lawless society where all the criminals are doing as they please, oh wait a bit, thats now isn't it ? BRING BACK CAPITAL AND CORPORAL PUNISHMENT !!!

Yorkie (climbs down off the soapbox to make room for another...)
Old 20 February 2002, 08:25 PM
FreeT
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Like so many have said, crime does pay appaerntly in this country. There are no real deterents, okay it is a real barsteward if they get the wrong guy, but even those days are disapearing fast. Just grab them and till they get some sense.
Old 20 February 2002, 08:27 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

FreeT
You talk sense on this board mister. Should they start with Imatruckarse ?
Old 20 February 2002, 08:41 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Come on, you are more likely to win the lottery than be a victim of a CarJacking - look at the facts:-

1. You need to live and drive in a dodgy area

2. You need to be seen by the very scum that will attempt this crime

3. You need to be a soft target, ie. a woman or of a slight build

4. The crime is opportunistic - they look at the target and decide whether they fancy their luck

So? if you are worried, what do you do?

1. Move house or Job

2. Drive defensively - always allow an escape route around your car

3. Build yourself up in the Gym

4. Make sure they know that at least ONE is going down with you!!

Failing all that, sell your Scoobie ............. nothing is worth worrying about - no, not even your precious Scoobie

Pete
Old 20 February 2002, 09:04 PM
nigelward
Scooby Regular

And buy an Alfa 147 instead to be safer?

No offense to the Alfa, it is a nice looking motor, but it does look like the everyday scum, and not organised gangs, are getting more confident to go after anything they feel like when ever they like.

Let's hope it gets knocked on the head quickly (hum) before it turns into the new form of joy riding, and reaches the levels of the early 90's.
Old 20 February 2002, 09:05 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

******* Scum, A bullett in the head for each one of them is not good enough........Nice one Pete........You must make the ladie Scoob drivers feel well comfortable (Plonker)
Cheers
Colin
Old 20 February 2002, 09:11 PM
Dan B
Scooby Regular

Do you have the same rights to defend yourself and propertiy, as to say a burglar you find in your house??
Old 20 February 2002, 09:12 PM
HOBO
Scooby Newbie

Lets just look forward to the insurance rise that is certain to happen. What will the insurance companies insist on next a team of Bouncers sat on yer parcel shelf.
Old 20 February 2002, 09:16 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Question

Dont quite get your post Scoob99??

Cant work out if you agree with my post or are calling me a plonker??

I am 100% behind any plan to shoot the b4stards, I am 100% behind someone wanting to have a go and take 1 or 2 down.

The fact remains that if you are a 'soft' target you just HAVE to be a target, over and above some big b4stard with a fkucing attitude!!

BUT - there was the FIRST car-jacking in Surrey EVER at the weekend. A lone woman, at 2am (I think!), lonley road, in a Merc. ................. hardly an epidemic worth cr4pping your pants over is it????

I will probably just hand over the keys to a gang if they want my Scoobie, depends if the wife and kid are in the car, UNLESS I see one little hint of fear when they see the size of me haul myself out the drivers door ................ THEN I am going to tear me some scum 4rse!!

Pete
Old 20 February 2002, 09:18 PM
Martyn Tonks
Scooby Regular

The more this type of crime is published in the press, the more copycat carjackings are going to take place. In the early days, only top of the range motors were being nicked, recently it was reported in my local area that someone had been carjacked in a bloody Nova. Every dick head is now jumping on the band wagon so that him and his mates can save on the taxi fare after a night on the p155.

Rest assured that I will do my best to protect my hard earned property, and damn the consequences in court, at least I will have the satisfaction of giving someone a bloody good hiding.
Old 20 February 2002, 09:20 PM
nigelward
Scooby Regular

Angry

Dan B,

Depends what you mean, if you defend yourself and your property you will end up in prison, and the scum won't.

Cue shot of scum, after you have been imprisoned, with mother saying how her little darling would never do anything like that.
Old 20 February 2002, 09:21 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Agree with you Nigelward. If a gang of ****'s attack your car then no matter how big you are the car is gonna take a beating and that means bigger insurance premiums. We are beaten financially by this scum NOT physically. I remember getting my insurance renewal through in 1992 at the joyriding peak when I was a 26 yr old running a 205 GTi 1.9. Went up to £995 then !! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] And I never made any claims. EVERYONE is tarred with the same brush.
Old 20 February 2002, 09:26 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

PS i know you're windup artist no1 but the fact that we drive decent cars makes us all potential targets. I agree with not taking this all out of proportion but your list of most likely targets doesn't hold any substance to me.
Been carjacked long before this current media hype. I'm 6'4" 16 stone,live far from NI hotspots (Belfast etc) but still ended up loosing the fight. However bought another Scoob, prepared to take the risk to enjoy what i've worked for and won't be dictated to by these *****.
Old 20 February 2002, 09:42 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

BEW - yes, we ARE all targets - granted, and I am sorry that you had yours taken off you ................... more glad you have another one too

What I am trying to say, in that cute little Lewis way of mine!! is, the scum would rather pick on softer targets in 'lesser?' cars ........... the Nova above is an indication - than a harder target in a Scoobie.

I have just re-read what Scoob99 said, and I think I have worked it out, he IS calling me a plonker!! for scaring the women I presume? well, we ALL know, even the women, that they are an easier target - NOT saying it doesnt mean that FACT goes away!! what a plonker!!

Pete

[Edited by pslewis - 2/20/2002 9:47:29 PM]
Old 20 February 2002, 09:50 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

Wink

Fair point PS, the pathetic scum would probably always take the easy option if available.
Enough sensibility now **** OFF and stop invading my sheltered little life which could be destroyed by the ravings of a total stranger.

Quick Reply: Lad at work car jacked !!!!!!!!!!