Sponsored by:

new member looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2008, 04:18 PM
rossco_ep91
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member looking for advice

hi all have just registered with this site looks a very interesting site with plenty of info,i am currently waiting to get a 95 wrx wagon within the next 2 weeks and will be needing a suspension setup asap, have been looking at coilovers etc... but i would much rather have just a fixed height kit with damper adjustment but cant seem to find none anywhere ?

coilovers are a great setup for the track but are damm harsh as a everyday ' i previously had a toyota glanza turbo for 3 years and had teins on that was wicked setup but very harsh for the local roads ! am
wondering if anyone had/knew of any suspension kits going ? any help be will be great

many thanks rossco

happy new year to all .

Last edited by rossco_ep91; 29 December 2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 30 December 2008, 09:44 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome to scoobynet mate. I also have a 95 estate, my suggestion would be to try the car as is at first as its already good. if its not what your after go down the arb route, if that dosent fill your needs look at suspension replacement, there are kits out there but cheap isnt a word thats used often in relation to them
Old 30 December 2008, 12:37 PM
rossco_ep91
Scooby Newbie

thanks for the advice shaggy top man ' yea i got my eye on some coilovers on ebay hks hyper d will be damm rough i know lol also been looking at the front n rear upper braces they have on there . so your saying the handling isnt to bad as stock they guy im getting if off claims it has red stuts but i think that how they all come as stock ?

only issue with the hks coilovers on ebay the rears don'nt look health he claims there stiff 'but been told may need new inserts and hasnt got the adj spanner is that also a issue ? or is there other ways to adj them without the spanner ? kind regards

Last edited by rossco_ep91; 30 December 2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 30 December 2008, 01:08 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

have a play with it as is mate

id avoid the ebay ones. have a look on the for sale section on here theres always someone selling bits or breaking cars.
Old 30 December 2008, 01:32 PM
rossco_ep91
Scooby Newbie

sup' i did google search coilovers and a thread came back to this site a chap had a set of hks hyper d for sell at 200 notes ! cracking price i mailed him but then noticed it was posted in june lol so take it there long gone.

yea always a risk on ebay as items hardly described right esp used suspension you don't know till you put them on .

i just want it to sit lower as it looks to high ' but then i don't wanna go down the spring route need a full kit but i will see how it drives first then go from there .

what setup do you have on your wagon mate ? regards rossco