Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unwanted Early Morning Visitors. (Attempted Theft)

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2008, 03:14 PM
kev m
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Unwanted Early Morning Visitors. (Attempted Theft)

I was woken by a noise in the back garden @ 3.30 this morning, first thing i noticed was the security light was on ( and thought cat) then heard the noise again so got out of bed to look. I could see someone standing near the garage & thought it was one of my parents going to open the garge door, but just as i was going to open the window to see what was going on at that time they turned round and i could see it was a bloke with a head torch on. So open the window and shouted at them waking the rest of the house up and they ran off.

Phoned the Police and they arrived within 15 mins as they were in the area as this was not the only incident last night in my area, no damage to the car but they have left some marks in the patio door they were trying to force open.

Anyone in the Bingham, Grantham, Melton Mowbray or Vale of Belvior Area with a performance car be on your gaurd as the Police tell me this is a bit of a problem at the moment.
Old 29 December 2008, 03:41 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

scumbags
Old 29 December 2008, 04:51 PM
scooby0809
Scooby Regular

bad news mate glad the ******* did not get in tho!big dog is the answer
Old 29 December 2008, 05:00 PM
asu
Scooby Regular

Shoot them in the face, American Cowboy style . I own 3 handguns just for home protection and a M-4 assault rifle for the range and if hell erupts outside .
Old 29 December 2008, 05:04 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by asu
Shoot them in the face, American Cowboy style . I own 3 handguns just for home protection and a M-4 assault rifle for the range and if hell erupts outside .
Great idea but the police won't agree....shame that.
Old 29 December 2008, 05:06 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Unfortunatly you won't be able to have them over here ASU

However, if you happen to have your keys on your bedside table, next to.. I don't know.. a decent clasp knife.... obviously you felt as if you or your families life was under threat with this unknown person in your house, you reacted and lashed out because you felt you or your life was under threat (if you can't tell, that line is very important..)...

Still, I'm glad your house/car was okay kev m, just hope the family will be able to sleep well tonight.
Old 29 December 2008, 05:16 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time to get some cctv up around your house mate, it can be done easily and cheap.

Or some landmines, shotguns attached to trip wires and so on.

That reminds me, my mate bought a gadget that has a trip wire that goes on a door and connects to a blank shotgun cartridge. By christ it makes some fecking noise, that will scare the crap out of anyone. You can also re-wire the standard house fire alarm and make it with trip wire and attach to doors.

Anything to make a noise in the middle of the night, to wake you up.

Last edited by slipstream_uk; 29 December 2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 29 December 2008, 05:21 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

here we go

Shotgun Alarm Signal
Old 29 December 2008, 05:24 PM
asu
Scooby Regular

Can you posses shotguns in the UK ?
Old 29 December 2008, 05:28 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by asu
Can you posses shotguns in the UK ?

Yes, but not that easy to get a license for them. Police background checks and so on.
Old 29 December 2008, 05:30 PM
amego
Scooby Regular

to mutch bull**** human rights over here
Old 29 December 2008, 05:41 PM
moistlips
Scooby Newbie

the americans have the right idea shoot them or fit a lame thrower kit underneath to dispurse unwanted drivers remins me of a thread i read on the net about a guy who kept getting his star nicked off his merc after the third time he sharpened the new one with a dremmel and painted over it in silver then stuck it back on one day he came out and found some blood on the bonnet but kept the star that must have been a good day for him
Old 29 December 2008, 05:48 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

sneaky ****** .
Old 29 December 2008, 05:48 PM
asu
Scooby Regular

To get a gun it takes about 5 minutes in most states and you can actually carrie the gun in plain view without a permit the only exception is you cant take a firearm in a bank,bar or goverment building . You can conceal your weapon ie under the shirt with a permit that cost about 50-100 dollars depending on state and a 8 hour block on gun saftey .

If you got to use your weapon it is best to kill them so you dont have to go through BS lawsuits that cost you a fortune . And yes you do need a prudent reason to defend yourself here, IE he had a gun or knife and was going to use it, beaking and entering ones property (About half the states) . Guns in the publics hands keeps the Goverment honest .
Old 29 December 2008, 06:02 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Have you seen bowling for Columbine? in one bank when you open an account you get a free gun. Just a quick check and then you can pick your gun and take it home that day, they had over 600 in stock. He then went to the barbers and chose his bullets while having his hair cut!
Old 29 December 2008, 06:08 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

asu lives in America

TX.

Originally Posted by richie001
Great idea but the police won't agree....shame that.
Old 29 December 2008, 06:27 PM
asu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T5OLF
Have you seen bowling for Columbine? in one bank when you open an account you get a free gun. Just a quick check and then you can pick your gun and take it home that day, they had over 600 in stock. He then went to the barbers and chose his bullets while having his hair cut!

You mean that film by that Weasel Micheal Moore ............. No I will never watch any of his films, hes a spin artist and self proclaimed Communist .
Old 29 December 2008, 10:15 PM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

big dogs (if you are a dog person) and various implements to hand around the house might be worth investing in bud.
Old 29 December 2008, 10:23 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

the police arrived in 15 minutes bloody hell that is quick for the police.
Old 29 December 2008, 10:29 PM
Ianm1983
Scooby Regular

bloody big dog and a 24 inch breaker bar by the bedroom door is my method of security other than alarms and locks etc
Old 29 December 2008, 10:33 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

I would, well, it's not worth thinking about what I would do if I found anyone near my car at 3:30 in the morning

They would wish they were dead after me and the boys had finished on them!

Old 29 December 2008, 10:37 PM
Ianm1983
Scooby Regular

lol,is that from rise of the footsoldier?
Old 29 December 2008, 11:03 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Ianm1983
bloody big dog and a 24 inch breaker bar by the bedroom door is my method of security other than alarms and locks etc

If you've been woken up by a smack in the chops at 4 in the morning by thugs in the house the last thing you're going to be able to do is take them out with your breaker bar.

The reality is you'd be disorienated, scared sh*tless and wouldn't know if it was new year or new york.

If people are willing to break into your house to take your car my advice is to let the f*ckers take it.

I consider myself to be reasonably handy (a fairly big ex forces fella) and even though I actually do have some nasty implements placed throughout my house "just in case" I'd have to seriously weigh up the odds of being successful. i.e how many there are, where they are stood in relation to where everything is. But the harsh reality is when you've been woken up with a smack in the mouth and your nearest and dearest are at risk you're not exactly thinking straight.

Don't be a hero (statistic) and just hand over the fecking keys!!!
Old 29 December 2008, 11:09 PM
scatty
Scooby Regular

well said indeed mr davies.....

you could have all the weapons to hand and be the hardest bloke in the world, but if they are prepared to break into your house, they will prob be prepared to shoot you before you can put ya slippers on......

its only a car at the end of the day...
Old 29 December 2008, 11:16 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

I find the most interesting part of the initial post "the police where here within 15 minutes"

**** me, my car got broken into and the police dint even come round!

whats your local police force as next time i'll phone them. Cheshire police are useless!
Old 29 December 2008, 11:25 PM
Ianm1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dazdavies
If you've been woken up by a smack in the chops at 4 in the morning by thugs in the house the last thing you're going to be able to do is take them out with your breaker bar.

The reality is you'd be disorienated, scared sh*tless and wouldn't know if it was new year or new york.

If people are willing to break into your house to take your car my advice is to let the f*ckers take it.

I consider myself to be reasonably handy (a fairly big ex forces fella) and even though I actually do have some nasty implements placed throughout my house "just in case" I'd have to seriously weigh up the odds of being successful. i.e how many there are, where they are stood in relation to where everything is. But the harsh reality is when you've been woken up with a smack in the mouth and your nearest and dearest are at risk you're not exactly thinking straight.

Don't be a hero (statistic) and just hand over the fecking keys!!!
if anyone can get in my house and into my bedroom without waking the dog up ill gladly give them the keys lol she goes nuts if you walk past never mind break in.

I hear what your saying but im not giving anything of mine up to thieving scum mate car or otherwise, who says they wont come back next week when ive replaced it.

Whilst there are a hardcore of thieves who will stop at nothing to take your motor, round our way most are 15 year old kids looking for somethng to thrash and burn, ive chased em down our road in me boxers before today mate and id do it again aswell, yeah its a risk but im just not having it, end of story.
Old 29 December 2008, 11:33 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by asu
I have the right to bear arms, and shoot scumbags!!.........sweet words for me, shame that scumbags are always the "victim"!
Old 29 December 2008, 11:49 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Ianm1983
if anyone can get in my house and into my bedroom without waking the dog up ill gladly give them the keys lol she goes nuts if you walk past never mind break in.

I hear what your saying but im not giving anything of mine up to thieving scum mate car or otherwise, who says they wont come back next week when ive replaced it.

Whilst there are a hardcore of thieves who will stop at nothing to take your motor, round our way most are 15 year old kids looking for somethng to thrash and burn, ive chased em down our road in me boxers before today mate and id do it again aswell, yeah its a risk but im just not having it, end of story.
Fair one all I'm saying is know your limits. If you over estimate yourself or under estimate these ******* it's going to read "End of story" on your head stone. Ask yourself is it really worth it?

I can quite confidently say I've spent the best part of 40K on my car. If I was allowed to keep a Glock M65 under my pillow then I would and I'd quite confidently say I'd take them out

This isn't hollywood though story's like this have made the news plenty of times. Car theives kill dad of four etc!!!

It's a car, it's insured you'll get another.
You only get one life mate
Old 29 December 2008, 11:51 PM
asu
Scooby Regular

It sounds like Britain has a crime problem and the police sometimes dont even bother to take reports ! They need more of these I guess

YouTube - Morning.

Sounds like a crock to me ! Maybe there to busy trying to make money for the goverment by giving out speeding tickets, instead of serving and protecting .
Old 29 December 2008, 11:52 PM
stara
Scooby Regular

kevin jackson, a big fella 6ft4, chased Rangzaib Akhtar, Raees Khan & Rashad Zaman , one of them just 5ft tall, i hope the three rot in jail, they were given life sentences. trying to nick his father in laws car, and kevin paid for it with his life with a screwdriver through his skull. left a wife and 2 young kids, died on a new years eve. leave the keys downstairs, don't give them reason to come upstairs where your kids and missus are. cars are insured.

Quick Reply: Unwanted Early Morning Visitors. (Attempted Theft)