Sponsored by:

CEL Light Advise

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2008, 10:24 PM
EAndy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL Light Advise

Hi wondering if you can put my mind to rest and shed some light on a problem I have/had.

Had the car for 14 months (it's for sale and I appriciate that potential buyers will prob search posts and read this but i'm open and have nothing to hide with the history of my car) and i've never had 1 single problem with the car... till tonight

I say problem it might not even be one.

Not been driving car much at late, never push it at all till Defi's read over 75 on oil temp etc and drove this morning, fine, drove this afternoon fine, drove this evening to get indian takeaway fine, on way home stopped off at local Shell and put £20 V-Power in, all pumps sold out of normal and diesel but thats fine I only ever use V-Power or 99 Ron Tesco.

Left garage and tone seemed bit different didn't think much of it.

Got onto a bypass towards where I live, 3+ mile wide open straigh with no turnings and in 4th at about 80mph (I mean km/h officer) planted and after a second it seemed to hesitate almost like a misfire and my engine management light came on (I think?) and then off, maybe it was paranoia but i'm sure I saw it flash on but by time I looked at dash properly with eyes of road it wasn't on.

As in the saying gone within a blink of an eye.

Drove home cautious and paranoid and rang a mate who knows about Scoobs. By chance he'd used the same garage and had probs with his 200SX so I went off to Tesco and filled up £25 of 99 RON fuel and now it seems in order and restored my confidence as boosting home it rang no different to normal.

Friend came over and whacked something on it? OBCD2 or something and nothing shows in way of faults.

Should I be concerned or not?

No managemenet light, no faults showing, runs perfectly fine, sounds the same as normal.

I want a Happy Christmas

*Edit, just to add i've changed nothing on the car in the last 4,000 miles

*Edit again, after the hesitation I never went over 3,500rpm or 0.4 bar boost as I was paranoid so it's possible it was fine before I put 99 RON in just I wanted to take care.

Last edited by EAndy; 23 December 2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 23 December 2008, 10:36 PM
EAndy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*cough* sitting here it has now crossed my mind that it might well have been the STI shift light that flashed and caught my eye

I'm going to do long haul drive tomorrow anyway I think it might be that i've been neglecting Suzie Scoob and she's angry that i've listed her for sale