Sponsored by:

Changing suspension coils

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2008, 11:21 PM
ajc1988
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing suspension coils

Hi everyone first of all not sure where to post this so message to any mods tht read this please feel free to move it.

I have a new set of coils coming shortly for car to lower it and just wondering if anybody has a guide on how to do them or nos where i am able to get one as i have an idea what im doing but just want it confirming.

cheers Andy
Old 23 December 2008, 09:23 AM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subaru Impreza : Service-manual Ñóáàðó : Êëóá Subaru open in one tab as russian langauge, open another in babelfish, download from the russian page saving with an English title, all the manuals are in English. All Imprezza's have the same strut mounting so don't worry that these are for newage

Removing the struts is easy, although on a classic you either have to split the brake lines or hacksaw away the 'bridge' of the lug so it pulls out sideways.

You'll need spring compressors to split the struts down and possibly (not always) to fit the new springs.

Changing a strut like for like takes about 45 minutes, add another 15-20 minutes for swapping the springs.

Make sure you know what your doing with the spring compressors, first timers often compress the spring, remove from strut and find they can't open the compressor enough to get the compressor off the spring and have to rebuild the strut and start again!

Simon