Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

McRae Gathering Prints on Ebay ?

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2008, 01:56 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default McRae Gathering Prints on Ebay ?

Even the McRae Gathering are now registered on Ebay and selling through there.

McRae Gathering 555 Print ....... No number mentioned though

A1 Poster
Old 13 December 2008, 02:20 PM
Kosy
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Bet whoever paid over £300 for the first one that went up won't be happy. So there are more left but they won't say how many? Should just wait a few weeks or so and i doubt they'll get over £100
Old 13 December 2008, 02:27 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Can't say I agree with the Ebayer given what's in the description.
Old 13 December 2008, 02:52 PM
McRaeGathering
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Nate*
Even the McRae Gathering are now registered on Ebay and selling through there.

McRae Gathering 555 Print ....... No number mentioned though

A1 Poster
I registered last night after i spotted more going up for sale on there and also to deter people bidding on prints that offer nothing more than profit for the seller. At least this way if anyone is so desperate for one they can bid in confidence that 100% of the money raised is going to the charity

There is about 20 left unsold, not including the 10 that in the process of being signed. My own day job is ***** to the wall at the moment in the run up to Christmas and all i want to do when i get home is sit on my fat* **** and chill so with this in mind i am not selling the remainder of the limited print or the A1 print until after New Year.

Hope this helps and please bid away for either item

Grant
Old 13 December 2008, 02:55 PM
McRaeGathering
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Can't say I agree with the Ebayer given what's in the description.
I dont understand.

Is it something i have written in either of the ads or another of the many ads that are appearing on Ebay

Grant
Old 13 December 2008, 03:08 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Once the property has been paid for, and monies donated to charity as part of the initial sale then the buyer may do what they choose with that property. Why you should be "saddened" they end up on Ebay is beyond me. If anything, the high prices achieved are a positive reflection of the work and dedication to produce them, as they are obviously of a good quality and highly sought after.

Perhaps what really saddens you is that this money wasn't initially raised for charity. But that's just the way it is. Maybe if you auctioned these off like this to begin with there wouldn't be so much bile and anger directed at sellers rightfully selling their own property.

I haven't one of these prints, but I did purchase on behalf of my brother a gathering sticker, which is still on the front of his bonnet(he attended the gathering). I wholeheartdly applaud the effort and organisation of the event and of it's cause. But I can't help feeling that attacking people selling these items grubbies all the positive effort.

Last edited by scoobynutta555; 13 December 2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 13 December 2008, 04:45 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

The advert is very poor, it looks like a fake, if it's genuine then please Jazz it up a bit and don't sound so bitter.
The whole event was a celebration, it's now turning a bit sour over one or two people wanting a few hundred quid at xmas time.

Trending Topics

Old 13 December 2008, 06:05 PM
JonnyUK1980
Scooby Regular

this is the the third one so far i think, the first one went for £345, the second one finishes tomorrow but is already at £155....

COLIN MCRAE GATHERING WORLD RECORD MOSAIC PHOTO on eBay, also, Rally, Motor Sport Memorabilia, Sports Memorabilia (end time 14-Dec-08 18:40:37 GMT)

Got mine back from the framers today i have no intention of selling it
Old 13 December 2008, 06:50 PM
rev.chris
Scooby Regular

i have to say it sadens me a bit to see the mcare gathering people being so bitter over people selling on the print, they only made 555 when 1068 went an allowed people to buy as meny as they wont.

an i was shocked to her that they emailed one f the sellers asking them to give some of the moneyto the charty, bang out of order,

if more prints where made so all the people that went could have the chance to have a print, then more money would of been made for the charty,

sorry to rant on but just so feb up with hearing about pople selling then on,

Last edited by rev.chris; 13 December 2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 13 December 2008, 07:46 PM
McRaeGathering
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rev.chris
i have to say it sadens me a bit to see the mcare gathering people being so bitter over people selling on the print, they only made 555 when 1068 went an allowed people to buy as meny as they wont.

an i was shocked to her that they emailed one f the sellers asking them to give some of the moneyto the charty, bang out of order,

if more prints where made so all the people that went could have the chance to have a print, then more money would of been made for the charty,

sorry to rant on but just so feb up with hearing about pople selling then on,
The only contact we have had with any of the sellers on Ebay is with the first seller and we asked them to confirm how much they were passing onto the charity as thier auction listing was vague. Anything you have heard differently is untrue as we were justified in contacting this first seller, who incidently it turns out had ordered 3 prints in total, as we were receiving queries about the listing on Ebay. Yes it would be bang out of order for any of the organisers to contact an Ebay seller asking for a further donation but since we have not done what you are accusing us of then it is not bang out of order.

I completely understand the "what happens to the print after it has been sold is entirely up to purchaser" argument. I am not angry and nor do i ahve any bile to direct at anyone i am, as stated, saddened that someone is has purchased one with the intention soley to line thier own pockets

As for the "they only produced 555 prints and they should have printed more to satisfy demand". So what if i had ordered 1086 prints or even 2008 as someone suggested in a email, where would i have been if hypothetically i had struggled to get all of them sold. Up **** creek without a paddle is where i would have been but due to me taking a decision based on the information i had to hand, i am thankfully not.

I am physically, mentally and emotionally shattered from this event and i apologise if i seem a bit tetchy. I am after all human with a day job that is pretty much ***** to the wall at the moment with the run up to Christmas.

Thanks

Grant
Old 13 December 2008, 08:02 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

On a lighter note I got a frame from Dunelm Mill today for £20 and my #313 sits proudly on my wall
Old 13 December 2008, 08:12 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by +Doc+
The advert is very poor, it looks like a fake, if it's genuine then please Jazz it up a bit and don't sound so bitter.
The whole event was a celebration, it's now turning a bit sour over one or two people wanting a few hundred quid at xmas time.
This was my thought, people who are selling their prints on, have given a lot of detail and even the print number, people were told that the copies had sold out as well .
Old 13 December 2008, 08:17 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was my thought, people who are selling their prints on, have given a lot of detail and even the print number, people were told that the copies had sold out as well .
On more than one occasion the Gathering team said that a number of prints were being held back to be signed and sold at a later date. Print number 555 was discussed several times.
Old 13 December 2008, 08:23 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by g7prs
On more than one occasion the Gathering team said that a number of prints were being held back to be signed and sold at a later date. Print number 555 was discussed several times.
I understand that part, but the one on Ebay does not state that is has been signed, nor does it have the number visible, if it were 555, maybe advertising the fact would bring in more bids?
Old 13 December 2008, 08:49 PM
McRaeGathering
Scooby Regular

I understand that part, but the one on Ebay does not state that is has been signed, nor does it have the number visible, if it were 555, maybe advertising the fact would bring in more bids?
The advert on Ebay will be polished up tonight by the person in the team more suited to the task than me

When we originally released the picture, we released 500 to the shop and it was that figure that sold out in the stated 36 hours. When we realised the enormity of the task involved in getting the 500 orders we decided the best course of action would be is to complete the 500 orders then decide what would happen to the remaining unsold prints. Now we have completed the 500 orders we have decided the rest of prints will be sold after the turn of the year. The unsigned ones will be sold for the £40 original price either on the mcrae-gathering site or through Ebay for a fixed price (the method of the remaining items sales will be decided in the New Year) and the others that have been signed or have the signed access plate attached will be auctioned off on Ebay International

The number of the picture that will be supplied to the Ebay winner is at this moment unknown as i am in a different location to the prints just now and when i get home tomorrow i will amend the advert to include the information requested. To satisfy your curiosity the number of the one pictured on Ebay is 1 out of 555 and this is allocated to Jackie Irwin of Prodrive. The advert on Ebay does state that the number of the print received is not the same as the one pictured.

We are a ballhair shy of £50000 raised and i am trying my hardest to breach this figure and then some more but my batteries are way past empty and i need a break.

Hope this helps

Grant
Old 13 December 2008, 09:15 PM
rev.chris
Scooby Regular

i wish i had a print

i was in the c of colin,
Old 13 December 2008, 09:25 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by McRaeGathering
The advert on Ebay will be polished up tonight by the person in the team more suited to the task than me

When we originally released the picture, we released 500 to the shop and it was that figure that sold out in the stated 36 hours. When we realised the enormity of the task involved in getting the 500 orders we decided the best course of action would be is to complete the 500 orders then decide what would happen to the remaining unsold prints. Now we have completed the 500 orders we have decided the rest of prints will be sold after the turn of the year. The unsigned ones will be sold for the £40 original price either on the mcrae-gathering site or through Ebay for a fixed price (the method of the remaining items sales will be decided in the New Year) and the others that have been signed or have the signed access plate attached will be auctioned off on Ebay International

The number of the picture that will be supplied to the Ebay winner is at this moment unknown as i am in a different location to the prints just now and when i get home tomorrow i will amend the advert to include the information requested. To satisfy your curiosity the number of the one pictured on Ebay is 1 out of 555 and this is allocated to Jackie Irwin of Prodrive. The advert on Ebay does state that the number of the print received is not the same as the one pictured.

We are a ballhair shy of £50000 raised and i am trying my hardest to breach this figure and then some more but my batteries are way past empty and i need a break.

Hope this helps

Grant
I think an open priced listing for the prints would be better than buy it now, for one it will be snapped up as you list it and two, you won't get as much for the charity as you could do.
Old 13 December 2008, 09:36 PM
Hammer man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am guessing that I am the last person to recieve a print,, (came in the post today),, and I would just like to say a big thank you to all involved............. proud to drive an impreza for all the obvious reasons
Old 13 December 2008, 11:06 PM
scoobychick555
Scooby Regular

We didnt want to pay the extra eBay charges to "jazz it up"

This was my thought, people who are selling their prints on, have given a lot of detail and even the print number, ....
hmm, the people that are selling their prints on have given "a lot of detail" on their listing as they are using the words I wrote for the Gathering webiste

I've edited the listing to make it a bit clearer - the one that Grant has put on there is NOT one of the signed ones.

and I'm surprised to see that some of you think we are "bitter, full of bile and anger" about this.

As I've stated on other threads, Grant and I are still fundraising for this charity event and it gets on my nerves to see people making money for themselves.

We are still dealing with outstanding orders for folk that missed out and have had to pacify the irate impatient people and be polite and helpful to those that ranted at us and chased us for prints, prizes, posters etc etc

I would have thought it would be obvious why we are upset about this.

but there are always folk that look after themselves over others and I'm learning to let it go and get on with things.

Imy
Old 14 December 2008, 09:59 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Imy,
Ignore them hun, what you all did for that day was nothing short of unbelivable, if I had my way you would all be knighted for it, not only that you have put in so much hard work and money of your own I beleive because you wanted to give Colin the send off he desevered, Yes sadly I know their are people who were there and did not get a print, but at the end of the day it was all their for people to see on this website, I for one and I am sure many others are very grateful to the McCraeGathering Team for all your hard work that you all have done, I find it a very bitter pill to swallow to see the prints people had bought end up on E-Bay so they could make a quick buck (not the ones you intend to sell) as they will be extra special, I for one can't thank you enough just a shame other people have to spoil it!!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Colin
Old 14 December 2008, 10:02 AM
phil739
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoob99
Imy,
Ignore them hun, what you all did for that day was nothing short of unbelivable, if I had my way you would all be knighted for it, not only that you have put in so much hard work and money of your own I beleive because you wanted to give Colin the send off he desevered, Yes sadly I know their are people who were there and did not get a print, but at the end of the day it was all their for people to see on this website, I for one and I am sure many others are very grateful to the McCraeGathering Team for all your hard work that you all have done, I find it a very bitter pill to swallow to see the prints people had bought end up on E-Bay so they could make a quick buck (not the ones you intend to sell) as they will be extra special, I for one can't thank you enough just a shame other people have to spoil it!!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Colin
i second this . well done to all the team

phil
Old 14 December 2008, 10:22 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well im not selling mine though recommendations for a nice frame would be nice
Didnt like what the first person did with the poster thought that really sucked, but what Grant is doing, still raising money and giving people the opportunity to donate to the charity instead of lining someones pocket gets my vote

Tony
Old 14 December 2008, 10:26 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

got my frame from a place in derby, had to have it specially made to allow for the sticker that was on my car and two of my favourite colin mcrae photos worked out to be £65 all in with extras. not bad imho, just another week to wait
Old 14 December 2008, 12:23 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by scoobychick555
We didnt want to pay the extra eBay charges to "jazz it up"

It doesn't cost extra to change colours, fonts, add a picture or two.
The whole advert looks like it isn't official.

By the way don't take my posts as direct criticism, the work the whole group has done is beyond belief.

Last edited by +Doc+; 14 December 2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 14 December 2008, 04:46 PM
jetpowered
Scooby Regular

Raise as much as possible Imy, Contact me through Dave (Number 140) because I for one want to bid on one of the signed pics to go along with my current number 455 and I agree you defo should not have a buy it now for £40 on any that remain.

X JET X

Last edited by jetpowered; 14 December 2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 14 December 2008, 05:20 PM
scoobychick555
Scooby Regular

It doesn't cost extra to change colours, fonts, add a picture or two.
The whole advert looks like it isn't official....

I've tried amending the listing but it doesnt let me go in and edit the original text, I can only add to it, not change it
Old 14 December 2008, 05:48 PM
YATESY
Scooby Regular

At the end of the day you have done more than enough buy bringing the whole macrae thing together and you have NOTHING TO APOLOGISE FOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just keep up the good work this was one of the best days i have had the macrae gathering you had to be there to appreciate the effort and the support from people

as most will agree

WELL DONE
Old 14 December 2008, 06:23 PM
mrfixit
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by YATESY
At the end of the day you have done more than enough buy bringing the whole macrae thing together and you have NOTHING TO APOLOGISE FOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just keep up the good work this was one of the best days i have had the macrae gathering you had to be there to appreciate the effort and the support from people

as most will agree

WELL DONE
WILL HAVE AGREE WITH YATESY WAS THE BEST SCOOBY EVENT IV EVER BEEN TOO WOULD NOT HAVE MIST IT FOR ANY THING GREAT WORK GUYS
Old 14 December 2008, 07:12 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobychick555

and I'm surprised to see that some of you think we are "bitter, full of bile and anger" about this.

Imy
You're quoting me yet my words were not directed at you. Go into search and pull up the previous threads on this and you'll see some members from here going beserk at people 'profiteering'.
Old 14 December 2008, 08:58 PM
rev.chris
Scooby Regular

As for the "they only produced 555 prints and they should have printed more to satisfy demand". So what if i had ordered 1086 prints or even 2008 as someone suggested in a email, where would i have been if hypothetically i had struggled to get all of them sold. Up **** creek without a paddle is where i would have been but due to me taking a decision based on the information i had to hand, i am thankfully not.

Grant[/QUOTE]

could u not of orded them after,

beeing some one that went an miss out on getting a print im just gutted i miss out,

i know how busy u all must be an what a great job u done an are still doing, i just feel it would be good if more prints where made, would be even more money for the charity,

there was 1068 cars most had 2+ people in, an from lanark to banbury every flyover bar 3 was full of people, (a amazing site) surely these people would wont one, an not to mention all the people that didnt go,

so making a limited amonut to that many people its no shock really seeing people trying to sell then on is it,

please make more i wont one,

Quick Reply: McRae Gathering Prints on Ebay ?