Sponsored by:

Car got scraped by the bin wagon

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2008, 02:54 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car got scraped by the bin wagon

I was in my bedroom this morning, and heard the bin wagon coming out the back where I live, so thought I'd watch it as I knew my car was there....

Well upon watching as it was going past, the lad keeping an eye out on the rear end waved his arm and shouted for the driver to stop. Which he did, then reversed a bit, went forward again. But the lad shouted again, so he manouvered back and went closer to the wall and went past. The lad at the rear did look at my car to see if there was anything there.

Now I'm sure he slightly scraped it due to the way the lad was shouting for him to stop. I wasnt dressed at the time, so went back to watch tv.

But going to work at 2, I looked, and there is a 2" scrape on the passenger side rear wheel arch

Dont think the council will be of any help, as of course I could be lying, and the lad isnt going to 'grass' on his work mate.
Old 10 December 2008, 03:08 PM
andywiddss1
Scooby Regular

heres abit of advice mate ring the council tell them ur street name and what time the bin wagon was there also tell them that ur car is now damaged and it wasnt before and u want to claim against them for the damage . belive it or not this sort of thing happens more than u may think i worked on a bin wagon for over 12 months and by brother has for 5 years . the council will normally pay u out no problem but ring them now mate
Old 10 December 2008, 04:02 PM
85rob
Scooby Regular

wheel nuts off a bin wagon damaged the face of our brick wall and we got them to repair it, had to get 3 qoutes and got it done within a month. big lorrys, small streets i doubt the council will argue to much.
Old 10 December 2008, 04:18 PM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrisdicko
I was in my bedroom this morning, and heard the bin wagon coming out the back where I live, so thought I'd watch it as I knew my car was there....

Well upon watching as it was going past, the lad keeping an eye out on the rear end waved his arm and shouted for the driver to stop. Which he did, then reversed a bit, went forward again. But the lad shouted again, so he manouvered back and went closer to the wall and went past. The lad at the rear did look at my car to see if there was anything there.

Now I'm sure he slightly scraped it due to the way the lad was shouting for him to stop. I wasnt dressed at the time, so went back to watch tv.

But going to work at 2, I looked, and there is a 2" scrape on the passenger side rear wheel arch

Dont think the council will be of any help, as of course I could be lying, and the lad isnt going to 'grass' on his work mate.
I wouldnt of been watching telly I'd of been out there playing f*ck!
Old 10 December 2008, 04:59 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

I'd have been out there full bollock naked like a shot! (Well perhaps I'd have put some shoes on LOL)

Good luck with the claim
Old 10 December 2008, 10:20 PM
twooo
Scooby Regular

Man you are chilled out. I'm with Jonny and Jay on the full blown assault, clothes or no clothes
Old 10 December 2008, 11:03 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

There isnt any point in getting stressed about anything to be honest! I am annoyed, but it has happened. I will phone the council in the morning though!!
Old 11 December 2008, 12:18 AM
ISLANDMAGEEZER!
Scooby Regular

I had a run in with my bin men a while back,it was a windy day so i left my bin down over the kirb with a block on it to weigh the lid down hoping they would either not bother emptying the bin due to the block,or,empty it and put the block back on top to stop it blowing away.Well i came home to find the bin empty and up over the kirb down my lovely newly surfaced driveway,it had banged off the rear bumper then managed to run down the side of the car between it and the fence!Large chip out of the bumper and a shed load of scrapes and scraped all the way down the passenger side of the car
I rang the council,they didn't want to know as i had no proof.So i rang the citizens advice and they said it was between me and the council!No box of rosses for the bin men this year then But by *** i was in a rage of all rages for a week or so,i had all sorts of revenge planned,but you soon cool down and get it sorted one way or another
Old 11 December 2008, 12:38 AM
Ste RB5138
Scooby Regular

I would would well pissed off about that, especially as you saw it all happen
Old 11 December 2008, 04:48 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ISLANDMAGEEZER! - Location: Norn Iron
...I had all sorts of revenge planned,but you soon cool down and get it sorted one way or another...
Men in balaclavas?