what have i done!!!:(

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2008, 10:18 AM
mitch p1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what have i done!!!:(

alright chaps!!

altho i dont post on here much im often reading through the posts and wondered if you lot could help..

i had a little crash on tuesday hit some ice and lost it round a roundabout! ive done a fair bit of dammage to the front end!
im not sure if its worth putting it through the insurance or not, as im 24 and i dint want the insurance to rise to much. I can locate all the parts but the front chassis is quite badly bent. is that a sort of sub frame that can be replaced? i can post a pic up if you think you it will be better.
gonna need a rad and a air con rad as they have been pushed back into the cams.
really dont want it to be wrote off because the rest of the car is like new.
so fingers crossed i can get the front end straight again! any info on this would be great
oh yea its a w reg 2000 p1

chears mitch
Old 06 December 2008, 10:35 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that. Take it to a garage for an estimate as all opinions on here are just that. However, if you've bent the chassis then it's going to be a lot of money. Without seeing the pictures, I'd suggest that you go through you're insurers.
Old 06 December 2008, 10:40 AM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

I can't really answer your question but what I can say is If you go through the Insurance you'll be surprised at what they write of these days.

I work for an Accident Management company and delivered a replacement car to a client the other day. He had a 54 plate Jag X type which a dust cart had swiped damaging the O/S front wing and Door and scuffing 1 alloy. I would have said around £1500 to put right - They wrote it off ..
The car was mint pre Accident with only 35k on the clock and fully loaded the chap was devastated.

Just something to think about before you make that phone call to your insurer..
Old 06 December 2008, 10:46 AM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Need to see some pics of the damage.
You can see the damage to the chassis on a classic in this thread but it was a fairly hard impact. It needed straightening on a jig.
If it’s just the front panel (near the rad) and not the chassis that damaged it can be changed without a jig.https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...-facelift.html
Old 06 December 2008, 11:09 AM
mitch p1
Scooby Regular

cor its not as bad as that!! its all still in one piece..

ill take some pics and post um up!
think the rad has pushed back so much that its hits the cams because it wont turn over now.. so to get it to a body shop is gonna be a pain!
Old 06 December 2008, 11:22 AM
madisonmonkey
Scooby Senior

If the cams have been hit and it wont turn over you're going to need the engine checked too
Old 06 December 2008, 01:32 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madisonmonkey
If the cams have been hit and it wont turn over you're going to need the engine checked too
Yeah if it’s smashed the cam pulleys (they are plastic) and the motor was running it could be a mess inside Pistons and valves could have met each other.
Pull a cover off and have a look.
Old 06 December 2008, 01:45 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Dont let the fact that the car needs jigging frighten you: it really isnt that expensive. Get the car looked at by someone with a good word-of-mouth reputation and do it before you start cutting bits off (because they might need to use them to pull off).

Simon