I can't believe some people.

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2008, 09:17 AM
Mother Theresa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can't believe some people.

#Rant mode on:#

So there I was, walking towards my car on co-op car-park when right in front of me a Mondeo backs into a Passat estate (X plater but a very tidy car) hitting it hard enough to lift the rear wheels off the ground. The guy gives me the thumbs up and drives off. Luckily my car is a covered in mud so three seconds later his number is inscribed onto my door and I wait for the owner to return.

When eventually he does (no tannoy in our co-op) I tell him the bad news, he rubs the significantly damaged bumper and despite my protestations that the other guy has left the scene of an accident and his damage will be more just than the paint he declares it is not worth the hassle and drives away.

How are we going to stop Tesco dings (and worse) if no action is taken? I can't believe the police will be interested as the owner is not going to make a complaint so some one has got a way with it again. It make me so angry, I could throw the pho.....

#Rant mode off:#

And......

Relax.....
Old 01 December 2008, 09:55 AM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

my girlfriend accidentaly tagged the next door neighbours rear bumper while they were away on holiday, she only just touched the bumper very lightly but for some reason the bumper seemed to fold in, her car was left with a couple of small dents and scratches. My girlfriend felt quite guilty about the whole thing and decided to own up, so she wrote a note and put it through their door. She ended up paying nearly £400 for the repair on the neighbours car and £400 for the repair on her car, and not even a word of thanks from the neighbour. Now she wishes she hadn't botherd to do the decent thing at all ....
Old 01 December 2008, 10:55 AM
tath
Scooby Regular

i saw a corsa smack a 57 plate A4 in Tesco a couple of weeks back. I left a note with my number on the Audi explaining what had happened, as the docile bitch in the Corsa just ****ed off leaving a nice rear 1/4 whack on the Audi.

The Audi never contacted me, so presumably they thought the same as the OP's Passat driver.

The mind boggles.
Old 01 December 2008, 11:18 AM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Report it anyway. They'll never inform you if anything comes of it anyway, but one of 2 things will happen:
1. Absolutely nothing (most likely)
2. The ******** in the Mundaneo might get some grief as some kind of payback for his generally crap ability behind the wheel.
Worth the time and cost of the call in my book.
Kevin
Old 01 December 2008, 09:32 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Company car syndrome ?

DunxC
Old 01 December 2008, 11:12 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont have any dings on my scoob at the moment, but on my clio i had so many... used it everyday for work and parked it down lakeside carpark where i'll come back and see little dents and scratches on the doors/wings/ rear panel.
i ended having my whole car resprayed and got public transport to work, some people are so careless!!!

wiley