best price to sell a 54 uk sti right now

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2008, 12:08 AM
jonjokes12
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best price to sell a 54 uk sti right now

Quick question,

A lady who i work with is having a very difficult time and she needs to sell her 54 uk sti, in blue full subaru service history, 35,000 miles taxed and mot'd.
In near mint condition.

The reason im asking what the best price is to sel ASAP is because she has been thinking of selling it to someone for 7k, and ive told her she's being stupid and it ust be worth more than that.

Please could someone advise on whether she is being stupid or if what she's doing is sensible.

thanks
Old 03 November 2008, 12:25 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

its a tricky one price it low and someone will snap her hand off but then again it could be too low, i paid 13 for my 2005 STI PPP 2 months ago with similar milage from a subaru dealer so around 10 would be a quick sale price id say
Old 03 November 2008, 12:26 AM
Bikebloke
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by jonjokes12
Quick question,

A lady who i work with is having a very difficult time and she needs to sell her 54 uk sti, in blue full subaru service history, 35,000 miles taxed and mot'd.
In near mint condition.

The reason im asking what the best price is to sel ASAP is because she has been thinking of selling it to someone for 7k, and ive told her she's being stupid and it ust be worth more than that.

Please could someone advise on whether she is being stupid or if what she's doing is sensible.

thanks
9k is more like it at the moment.
Old 03 November 2008, 12:26 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

7k tell her i'll give her 7.5
Old 03 November 2008, 12:31 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Don't ask that on here as everyone is a vulture & a pessimist to boot! IMHO a 54 plate STi is worth £10k+ however some "fools" on here will say £8k & below

TX.
Old 03 November 2008, 12:37 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

i have people ringing about my wrx and they think they can pick it up for peanuts........ well i aint working hard to buy a nice car so they can have it for nothing further down the line
Old 03 November 2008, 12:46 AM
JonnyUK1980
Scooby Regular

Your best bet Jon is just to do the usual thing, go through pistonheads, auto trader and the classifieds on ebay etc and fins similar cars to give you a rough idea of what it's worth that what i did when i was looking for my wrx

Trending Topics

Old 03 November 2008, 07:51 AM
jonjokes12
Scooby Regular

thanks everyone for the replies. I knew she was being a bit stupid willing to sell for 7k. The worrying thing is, shes tried ebay and pistonheads and is just ending up with stupid offers. I know that if shes willing to wait she will probably get decent money for it, but the long and the short of it is - she will not wait much more than another week.
But thanks for replies, i can show her this in work today and hopefully it will cheer her up a bit.
Old 03 November 2008, 08:32 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

people just try it on and u should never give it too someone for next too nothing at 10 grand u get a hell of a lot of car
Old 03 November 2008, 10:09 AM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you sell for 7k pm me
Old 03 November 2008, 10:15 AM
RAF1
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

OR £7.5k PM me
Old 03 November 2008, 10:21 AM
WRX_SWRT
Scooby Regular

she should get 10k pretty quick if not 9k at the lowest and it will fly out. keep her right mate not a penny under 9k for a real quick cash sale
Old 03 November 2008, 10:38 AM
tath
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
Don't ask that on here as everyone is a vulture & a pessimist to boot! IMHO a 54 plate STi is worth £10k+ however some "fools" on here will say £8k & below

TX.
The only thing that'll make it worth 10k+ is if you get your wallet out and give her 10k. If people are offering 8k and no one's prepared to offer 10k, then it's worth 8k. Doesn't matter about how much car you're getting or what they were worth last year etc.

That said, I'm sure she'll get more than 7 for it lol.
Old 03 November 2008, 11:59 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Its worth more if its got DCCD-A. IIRC some early 54s didn't have it.

Its only worth what people are prepared to pay. If a few sell at 8K then thats what people will expect. The problem is the shear number of Imprezas and the number of owners that get into trouble and have to sell and silly prices.

If half the amount of Imprezas were built then the prices would reflect this. How people are still asking (And getting) Lancia Integrales sold for 10K+ is beyond me (I'm miffed because I really want one and they've actually gone UP in price)
Old 03 November 2008, 12:21 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends if its an 04 or 05 car, ive seen a 21k 05 car (with dccd) go for 10k, so less if its an 04 car (8-9k).
Its just the market at the moment unfortunately

Tony
Old 03 November 2008, 12:59 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

04 Car 8.5-9K, RobEvo5 picked up one from a dealer in Surrey, low miles, FSSH and very clean (I've seen it and my standards are high), for £8700.

So a P-ex/trade in has got to be around 7.5K
Old 03 November 2008, 01:57 PM
jonjokes12
Scooby Regular

well i know for a fact she will take any offer over 8k because she is seriously considering letting it go for £7k this week. Will show her these messages

cheers
Old 03 November 2008, 02:40 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

watch all those who bid 8k plus bail out one by one
Old 03 November 2008, 04:01 PM
timmy2take
Scooby Regular

Where is the car located?
Old 03 November 2008, 04:33 PM
jonjokes12
Scooby Regular

she lives in south west wales, carmarthen area. But her brother lives in cardiff so she could be there if its easier for anyone.
Im just trying to help her out as i know shes desperate, and will sell to some chav for about 7k if they offer the money.
I know its not worth 13-14k but thought i would try and see if i could help her get a bit more for it. It must be worth 9k to someone, i just dont know how long she will hold out for.
Old 03 November 2008, 08:19 PM
jonjokes12
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X

TX.
Vultures indeed. I asked what its worth but have a load of "i'll pay 7k" pm's :-)

Those of you interested at 7k, if she is going to sell at that price, then i will post a message here saying thats what its going for. I know i dont have a full ebership including sellers rights - but im sure all will agree that if its going to sell for 7k then someone on here might appreciate that. I wont be making a penny out of this, but a scoobynet ember will be getting the bargain of the century.

If this does offend anyone then please let me know as thats no my intention
Old 03 November 2008, 09:35 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Is is a straight car?
Old 03 November 2008, 09:43 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Amazing some people on here! The car is worth only what someone is willing to pay, not what someone on Scoobynet thinks it should be worth. The prices of Imprezas have been dropping like a stone, especially 2004 plus cars as these will be hammered tax wise in a few months.

If she's been offered 7k and happy to sell, then bung it on Ebay for a BIN ONO for £8k for a week and see what happens.
Old 03 November 2008, 10:14 PM
jonjokes12
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Is is a straight car?
completely straight car. Any inspection or test would be fine.
Old 04 November 2008, 12:31 AM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

cant believe the prices now, 7k some of you say... wish i held back a liitle while

wiley
Old 04 November 2008, 06:34 AM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

people still put up 99/00 sti 5/6's for about 6k yet a 4 year old sti is only worth a couple grand more? madness.

bottom line, if she's 'happy' with that price then that's her personal circumstance for that figure.
trouble is there'll be idiots out there who'll point to this thread and state that as one 54 sti went for 7k they're all worth that

i think clarkson was right the other day, whatever car or house you've got right now you're stuck with
Old 04 November 2008, 08:08 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Who said people are offering her £8k for it? The OP said she was considering selling for £7k which IMHO is

The market will (continue to) crash if people sell their cars at silly prices. If you don't need to sell quickly then don't.

TX.

Originally Posted by tath
The only thing that'll make it worth 10k+ is if you get your wallet out and give her 10k. If people are offering 8k and no one's prepared to offer 10k, then it's worth 8k. Doesn't matter about how much car you're getting or what they were worth last year etc.
Old 04 November 2008, 09:06 AM
Microstar
Scooby Regular

I worked in the motor trade for quite a few years and still have many contacts. The market is VERY bad at the moment. Dealers are dropping like flies, even strong brands like Toyota, Volvo, SAAB have seen a few main dealers shut up shop in the last couple of months. Subaru UK (IM Group) have themselves made a number of staff redundant and their dealers are really really struggling. I think we'll see MANY changes in the retail motor industry over the next year or so, 2009 is going to be the worst year in living memory for most dealers and I think it'll be a turning point for the industry.

The problem for anyone with an Impreza now is that used supply far exceeds demand. If you want to sell, then you need to gauge local prices and put the car up ata bit below the cheapest being currently advertised (taking account mileage etc, obviously) - that will attract the attention of the few who are buying. It is pointless saying a car is "worth" £10k - unless you have a buyer its not worth anything.
I think prices will sink even lower next Spring, especially if unemployment picks up there will be 'distress' sellers, who are forced to get rid of the car at any cost. This Christmas will be very tight, a lot of people have a lot of debt. When the £400 road tax bills drop on the doormat early next year that will concentrate minds a LOT and there will be a LOT of Imprezas coming onto the market.
Old 04 November 2008, 10:02 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

at last, some sense on the matter of pricing.

All those people who claim this is worth this or that are nothing more than deluded, and those who suggest that sellers hold out are merely delaying the inevitable.
Imo the market is going to get a whole lot worse before it starts to recover and I dont think it ever fully will recover, people will get their fingers burned this time around and will be left with a sour taste in their mouths.
This in turn will lead to further supply exceeding demand and even more discounting.
You can get dealer warrented 54 STI now for 8.5k on the website.

I am going to wait until the new registration and I'm confident I will pick up a 54 sti for 5k
Old 04 November 2008, 01:10 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

My car's probably "worth" 5-6k tops. 2003 wrx with 27k miles and 353bhp, loads spent on mods etc etc.

But, am I bothered? No I ain't bothered, because if I were to sell, I could pick up an equally cheap one For me, and I suspect a lot of other people, falling prices are actually good (as long as you can get over the hurt ego of having a 20k car with 8k spent on mods now only worth 5-6k)

Quick Reply: best price to sell a 54 uk sti right now