Sponsored by:

Diesel Legacy- 1 month on.

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2008, 09:46 AM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel Legacy- 1 month on.

Been driving the Diesel Legacy now for a month or so and would say anyone contemplating a diesel try one of these. Done alot of mileage in it this month and can honestly say what a great car it is.Cruises at speed, silently, on motorways and along A + B roads is a hoot. Just leave it in 3rd or 4th and drive it, loads of torque and great fun with 4x4. Its a big car but doesnt feel it. Done A+B road journeys and motorways, probably 1/2 and 1/2 and still getting 43mpg average . Tried the Audi and BMW, but every one got one, and you know subaru owners like to be different. Try one, if you after a diesel.

Lee
Old 25 October 2008, 04:16 PM
stuart2088
Scooby Regular

Default Subaru Diesel

Its good to hear the Legacy Diesel receiving a mention!!!!

I can concur with the comments made. Purchased mine in May.
Now completed 18000 miles enjoyable miles and not one problem or warranty issue.
In fact i have to admit the 18000 miles piled on have been shall we say hard spirited driving.

As with all engines but in my experience particularly diesels as the miles rack up mine is performing better each day. By that i mean sweeter quieter and more responsive.

Even driven hard i struggle to get the mpg below 40.

As an average it generally does mid 40"s although the bulk of its use is long distance motorway/ A road use so i suppose this helps.

Excellent service from the supplying dealer as well who are true enthusiasts and know their stuff.

I appreciate this site is primarily for petrol heads but a small mention for the limited Diesel Subarus is good as i am sure we are all still Subaru enthusiasts.

Finally interesting to know Superchips are developing a map or whatever it is for this model.

An option i may consider as i am sure there is a lot more potential in this engine and no doubt is " Detuned" for economy reasons.

I notice Tunit have one of there units available but this is just a " piggy back" type device and i believe not as efficient as a chip or remap.

For you petrol enthusiasts can i suggest given the opportunity please try this diesel vehicle particularly one with a few miles under its belt i think you may be pleasantly surprised by its petrol like revving characteristics albeit only to 4750 rpm.

Regards Stuart.
Old 25 October 2008, 04:18 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by codie247
Been driving the Diesel Legacy now for a month or so and would say anyone contemplating a diesel try one of these. Done alot of mileage in it this month and can honestly say what a great car it is.Cruises at speed, silently, on motorways and along A + B roads is a hoot. Just leave it in 3rd or 4th and drive it, loads of torque and great fun with 4x4. Its a big car but doesnt feel it. Done A+B road journeys and motorways, probably 1/2 and 1/2 and still getting 43mpg average . Tried the Audi and BMW, but every one got one, and you know subaru owners like to be different. Try one, if you after a diesel.

Lee
Good to hear that!