Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

London Luton airport parking

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2000, 02:19 PM
brooks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering flying from London Luton airport (not Stanstead) in Jan. How secure is the parking there(I should I take the Fiesta??!!??)? Any good/bad experiences??? Any recommended car parks???

Thanks in anticipation.
Old 04 December 2000, 02:37 PM
church_monster
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Theres a secure car park just outside the airport, I fly to Ireland all the time and use it, never had a problem, they bus you in, I'm there at the moment, I can probably get you the number by saturday (I'll post it here).

Old 04 December 2000, 05:45 PM
Airmiles
Scooby Regular

Or more importantly, how expensive? Last time I parked there, it cost more than the flight......

Oh and BTW their ground staff are about to go on strike.

(I know that may not be what you wanted to hear, but forewarned is forearmed, etc. etc.)
Old 04 December 2000, 06:44 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Not related to the parking situation I know, but the local TV has just run a story about Luton airport staff voting to go on strike.

Unfortunately, they haven't said when, only that it'll upset punters over Xmas.

Just thought you might want to bear it in mind.

Josh

PS On the Parking front, I've used their short term parking before for a day or so, with no problem. But something worries me about long-term parking at airports, so I always use a 'meet and greet' service if I take the Scoob.
Old 05 December 2000, 01:17 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Wink

Blimey Josh - you're braver than me. I used to use the 'meet and greet' service at Heathrow, but then I thought I don't want some g*t revving the nuts of the car for a few miles and then turning the engine straight off..

Couple of things to consider Brooks. Parking at Heathrow long stay is now upto £20 a day (rip off I think), Gatwick is about £6. I would have thought you should be paying closer to Gatwick fees rather than Heathrow.

If you use your Fiesta where would your Scooby be? Would it be any more or less safe than the long stay (bearing in mind that long stays have cameras and 24-hour staffing)?

Don't advertise on here when you are going to travel. If you were a car thief, where is the first place you would look to find information on Impreza's?

Chris
Old 23 January 2001, 04:34 PM
James_Harvey
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Is that the Pink signposted car-park?

James.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by church_monster:
<B>Theres a secure car park just outside the airport, I fly to Ireland all the time and use it, never had a problem, they bus you in, I'm there at the moment, I can probably get you the number by saturday (I'll post it here).
[/quote]

Old 23 January 2001, 06:28 PM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

I used the BCP one in August. No problems and 0.9 miles on the clock when I collected it (they park them offsite in a secure compound)