Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prodrive SIDC Event - Xcellent!

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2002, 12:31 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Diesel, it was certainly a top day.
We are hoping to book the wet handling track on it's own very soon so we can offer more concentrated tuition on this important issue.
Watch this space!

Stef.
Old 11 February 2002, 02:02 PM
Bitten Hero
Scooby Regular

Wink

If you do, get them to move the gravel out the way first

Richard
Old 13 February 2002, 03:30 PM
JannyBee
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

I can't join in at the moment due to health reasons, but went along to support my other half and his P1. Thought I might feel a bit left out, but the group we were with were great and the ProDrive guys made sure I enjoyed my day. They hurtled me round the tarmac rally stage a couple of times and showed me how it's done round the track at lunch time.

Can't wait to be fit enough to drive the day myself. Well organised Stef, great job.

Fantastic to see 3 women out there showing the guys how it's done - well done April for beating them all and coming first.
Old 14 February 2002, 03:15 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Now about that separate section for the ladies

Glad you enjoyed it J, you were fun! Next time though, you drive and put your money where your mouth is - I'm sure you'll thrash the lot of us! Men, all talk ehh!?

The Bedford track day could be an idea - much less physical than this one. See ya at the starting grid!

D
Old 14 February 2002, 07:33 PM
JannyBee
Scooby Newbie

Wink

May not be fit enough by Bedford Diesel, but if we make it there, you could give me a ride!!!!! Your beast knocks the socks off the P1 for pulling away and I imagine sitting in the passenger seat would be a bit like taking a fair ground ride. Anyone else going to Bedford?
Old 02 October 2002, 10:14 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

A quick and sincere thanks to Stef for sorting the Prodrive 'Live' Event out yesterday - any and all grief was clearly totally worth it mate! Thanks.

Also a quick mention for the team there who were all so professional and genuinely friendly - they even listened well to their new pupils, something some instructors can often forget They all came out of the cars with a smile (particularly Rob) which either suggests super confidence and a well designed course, or maybe a sneaky hip flask! You made the day guys.

The green wellies bit wasn't for me - esp in the back of that bloody landrover going over the railway sleepers! I think more track time in trying to apply properly what is being learnt much would be more valuable (unless you are looking at a smallholding of course!).

If there is another one, bite the bullet and stump it up - just the £100K's worth of Sti 7's you can cane makes it worth it, let alone all the other elements available and the quality of team there.

D

(no 'author' ambitions, honest - hadn't seen the eariler exact same thread!)

[Edited by Diesel - 2/10/2002 8:07:37 PM]