Sponsored by:

Been offered a swap for 04 integra

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2008, 01:09 PM
fh83
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been offered a swap for 04 integra

Been offered a swap for my WR1. A blue dc5 04 integra with low miles. Has anyone owned one of these cars? Always wanted one but not sure whether to let my WR1 go in exchange for one. I know performance wise it'll be totally different and suppose you cant really compare but think running costs etc will be less. Opinions?
Old 14 September 2008, 01:30 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

From what Ive read, the newer ITRs are not as good as the originals, les focussed. I prepare to be corrected by the Honda experts, but isn't that always the way!
Old 14 September 2008, 01:35 PM
stevey
Scooby Regular

brilliant cars dc5's there just not as raw as the dc2's
Old 14 September 2008, 01:47 PM
Harryr34
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by stevey
brilliant cars dc5's there just not as raw as the dc2's
i agree, with a few simple mods this can be corrected they respond very well to breathing mods.
Old 14 September 2008, 03:50 PM
marmski
Scooby Regular

I would love to own an Integra at some point, however i would never even contemplate a straight swap for a WR1 (unless it was me with the Integ!!)

WR1 > Integ unles theirs some cash in it too?
Old 14 September 2008, 06:15 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by marmski
I would love to own an Integra at some point, however i would never even contemplate a straight swap for a WR1 (unless it was me with the Integ!!)

WR1 > Integ unles theirs some cash in it too?
As above.

Great though an Integra is, there is no way on earth I'd swap on for a WR1!!!
Old 14 September 2008, 06:27 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

no way in hell, there nice cars but nothing compared to a w1
wiley
Old 14 September 2008, 06:49 PM
El Cat
Scooby Regular

prefer th older style ones
DC2 is it
much more raw and lighter car
wouldnt swap one of those even for my UK turbo 2000
Old 14 September 2008, 06:54 PM
M535I
Scooby Regular

i really love them but.... i personally thing the wr1 will hold its value better and i prefer the speed of the wr1 but then again the teg revving and revving and revving lol two totaly diffrent cars tbh .wr1 all the way .
Old 14 September 2008, 07:36 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

We've got a (white) DC5 as well as the Spec C Both great cars in their own way. The DC5 won't be as fast or feel as fast of course however it does look great & handles superb. DC5 will keep up with a STi IMHO but not a WR1. Running costs will be less in the DC5 with a lower car tax band (ours falls just under the 215 CO2 levels). I think that it's a great car & compares well to the DC2 (used to own one of those as well ). The DC2 looks pretty out dated in 2008 ...

TX.

Last edited by Terminator X; 14 September 2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 14 September 2008, 08:38 PM
redsuk
Scooby Regular

i owned both dc2 and dc5. not at all the same fun as having a turbo but in my opinion the best in its class i.e. fwd naturally aspirated. the dc2 was alot more aggresive as the vtec runs off a solenoid and the dc5 is a k20 i-vtec laden with computer controlled bollocks. the dc2 chassis feels very track focused infact its the best front wheel drive car ive ever driven.
the best part about the dc5 was the fact that its very cool looking, still very rare and is ULTRA reliable and will turn the civic type r ep3 into whipped cream you can give it a hell of a lot of abuse and not have a guilty conscience.

well thats just my opinion
Old 14 September 2008, 09:02 PM
andrew jeffs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by redsuk
i owned both dc2 and dc5. not at all the same fun as having a turbo but in my opinion the best in its class i.e. fwd naturally aspirated. the dc2 was alot more aggresive as the vtec runs off a solenoid and the dc5 is a k20 i-vtec laden with computer controlled bollocks. the dc2 chassis feels very track focused infact its the best front wheel drive car ive ever driven.
the best part about the dc5 was the fact that its very cool looking, still very rare and is ULTRA reliable and will turn the civic type r ep3 into whipped cream you can give it a hell of a lot of abuse and not have a guilty conscience.

well thats just my opinion
I have also come from a dc2,which i agree is the best handling car i have owned aswell as the best brakes,gearchange and chassis straight out the box.However i know a lot of people who owned dc2s then changed to dc5s and didnt like them.Infact the guy that bought my dc2 sold his 240bhp dc5 because it just wasnt so alive in his hands.I changed to a impreza because of the lack of torque from the vtec,you have to drive it like you stole it,to make rapid progress...
Old 14 September 2008, 11:52 PM
redsuk
Scooby Regular

very true they have no torque and to get some joy u do have to drive it with aggression but the plus side to owning the honda is that you can absoloutly thrash them and not really have to worry so much every other car ive had that wasnt honda has caused me endless bother evo 4 then evo 7 mazda 323 gtr x3 and my current scooby. was thinking of selling my scooby once its fixed to go back to a honda for the reliablity factoy BUT ive decided to comprimise on the scoob by buying wiseco pistons steel rods and pins acl bearings cometic head gasket and arp studs but im only gonna run on the standard power my v4 type r gives out roughly 300 with minor mods that way i can be sure my cars gonna be alot more reliable. i think its the best of both worlds that way.

if only honda did 4wd turbocharged road going rally cars do i wonder
Old 15 September 2008, 12:08 AM
redsuk
Scooby Regular

sorry gettin abt getting off on a tangent above
back to the topic

my opinion if uve got the money to run the w1 then id defo keep it.
its faster more fun more everything

however if money is a factor the dc5 still looks good is still track focused the halfords team won the btcc race with theirs (shock win) still feels like a racing pedigree inside with all the gram saving plastics and recaro trim better on fuel easy and cheap servicing and mods are easy to come by as u can grab bits off the civic type r ep3 and they still look pretty newish

if u do go for the dc5 make sure u go for the C-pack as its got engine start button rear wiper rear parcel shelf and xenons and i think they started a face lift at some point which is more like a face drop.
Old 15 September 2008, 12:40 AM
IRC450STI
Scooby Regular

NO WAY I think you would regret it if you did WR1 is a far better car
Old 15 September 2008, 01:09 AM
djmisio85
Scooby Regular

The DC5's arent bad cars as per say, its just that they arent as good as their older brothers, the DC2 coupe and 4 door saloon DC2 type R's....

Even the Japanese aren't big fans of the car, you hardly see any on the roads here...

As terminator X said, they look great, and handle well, but thats about it, you'll probably be dissappointed going from a WR1 beast to the DC5, especially when you have to go to at least 6000rpm to unleash any power......
Old 15 September 2008, 09:13 AM
masterbates1
Scooby Regular

Wr1 sort after car 17-18k limited, it's like owning a RB320 only made 320 if you have 1 good luck to you. Want high reving buy an R6.
Old 15 September 2008, 06:01 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Facelift looks better IMHO + there were loads of mechanical changes too + it carries a price premium

TX.

Edit - I wouldn't swap the WR1 for a DC5 all things being equal. It sounds to me though that the OP needs to save some cash so he won't be going to a car that matches the WR1 whatever happens!

Originally Posted by redsuk
... i think they started a face lift at some point which is more like a face drop.

Last edited by Terminator X; 15 September 2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 19 September 2008, 03:52 PM
fh83
Scooby Regular

Cheers for all the replies guys! Just got back online after having problems getting into threads. Well still not decided what to do. If i was to go for it, it would have to be car and cash. Been reading up about them and yes they seem a reliable and great performance car, but as has been said on here it just doesnt have the power of the 1. I know it would be a bit of a downgrade but for similar sort of money im not gonna get anything with the performance of a WR1 anyway! I would however be able to run it daily which would mean going back to having one car which is very tempting as it would save a lot of money. Ah decisions!