6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Should Scoobynet have a feedback forum?

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2008, 12:59 PM
timmy2take
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Should Scoobynet have a feedback forum?

Should Scoobynet have a feedback forum so members can see peoples feedbacks before dealing with them.
Old 14 September 2008, 01:01 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In a word, yes. In a few more words, something is needed to stop people getting fleeced.
Old 14 September 2008, 01:02 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Definately, buying and selling on here is a big part of this site and something needs to be done to help people if naming and shaming is not allowed.

Aaron
Old 14 September 2008, 01:15 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

yes BUT there's a potential hiccup. For example, feedback (if based on a sales/merit scheme), people who've been on this site for a long time, but don't buy or sell, will in essence have little feedback - ie some one to be wary of.

Of which isn't exactly fair is it?
Old 14 September 2008, 01:17 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

The feature can be added: Ive seen it on many VB forums. Instead we have 'reputation' and even worse, 'infractions'. Time I think, to make an effort and to introduce features that help the forum members, rather than features designed to make the forum virtually admin-free.
Old 14 September 2008, 01:18 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
yes BUT there's a potential hiccup. For example, feedback (if based on a sales/merit scheme), people who've been on this site for a long time, but don't buy or sell, will in essence have little feedback - ie some one to be wary of.

Of which isn't exactly fair is it?
You can only start from a clean sheet. Also: people who have been here for as long as I have, still dont have a track record of proven reliability and honesty, just a lot of posts.....
Old 14 September 2008, 01:25 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I'm in the same boat...hence my post

Dan
Old 14 September 2008, 01:36 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

could be good but could get complicated
Old 14 September 2008, 01:37 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

you could get ripped off buy someone with 100% good feedback, what this might stop is people repeatedly doing it. to me people with high post counts or that have been here a long time like being on here and wouldn't want to be kicked off for the sake of a few quid. imho.

Aaron
Old 14 September 2008, 01:49 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by azz250478
you could get ripped off buy someone with 100% good feedback, what this might stop is people repeatedly doing it. to me people with high post counts or that have been here a long time like being on here and wouldn't want to be kicked off for the sake of a few quid. imho.

Aaron
Perhaps I am being naive, but it should be about more than getting kicked off the forum, it should be about not wanting to rip off your fellow scooby driver, period. I saw the guys at the Gathering and would not want to rip any one of them clean, even though I have had the chance. Not my style. But I suppose if you are being threatened with being kicked off, that is a start.
Old 15 September 2008, 09:43 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Unfortunately, Scoobynet is not necessarily run with the best interests of the membership at heart. It is after all a commercial operation.
You also have to realise that threads that are unacceptable to Scoobynet will disappear without trace. Big Brother or what ?
For instance, Page 2 here : Why has that been disappeared ?
Not only disappeared but disappeared without explanation which must get lots of people's backs up.
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ey-honest.html
Even when telling the truth you run the risk of getting a thread locked.
How long before this thread is locked or disappeared ?
I can give you loads of information on disappeared threads just over the last few days.
How sad.
Although we all seem to agree, until there is a sea change (thanks Gordon ) it's unlikely that the management of this BBS will listen to us.
Old 18 September 2008, 12:06 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

So this thread has now been un-disappeared which can only be good for everybody concerned.

Lost in cyber-space or what ????
Old 18 September 2008, 01:03 AM
CAT2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by harvey
So this thread has now been un-disappeared which can only be good for everybody concerned.

Lost in cyber-space or what ????
What with the double post thing too, this is getting a bit spooky.
Old 18 September 2008, 01:04 AM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

lol....love the terminology Harvey "un-disappeared" lmao

How true though eh????

Ask for support and stuff, get nowt....make some slighlty slanderous comment and/or post something that could possibly be construed as "unauthorised advertising" and they are on you like an on-you-thing

Fookin commercial venture alright!!!!! Pay your subscriptions and keep shtum you plebs!!!
Old 18 September 2008, 01:14 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

No. VB has features available to rate potential vendors. Everyone who wishes to sell through the forum should opt in to this rating system (without being charged Simon, youve fleeced IB so you dont need to fleece us too). With these features/tools enables it will be possible to see a persons trading history and decide whether to proceed. Its not foolproof, but its better than doing f*ck-all.

There is no excuse at all to continue to slack off. That said: SN has never been administered well, but it was so much better than it is now.
Old 18 September 2008, 09:36 AM
PantsUK
Scooby Regular

Just awaiting stoobynet scuubynet or whatever to be created then I suggest we all fack off!

that's the only way anyone will be listening!
Old 18 September 2008, 12:01 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

I voted NO as if there was a feedback forum, it would just get slated and lots of bad comments made that we could all do without. If you have a problem with the forum, either post in the correct section, Bugs.... or PM one of the webmasters.
Old 18 September 2008, 01:05 PM
PantsUK
Scooby Regular

a yes because they are super responsive and take a real interest in what goes on here don't they !!!

Old 18 September 2008, 01:11 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SC008Y_MAD
I voted NO as if there was a feedback forum, it would just get slated and lots of bad comments made that we could all do without. If you have a problem with the forum, either post in the correct section, Bugs.... or PM one of the webmasters.
the forum wouldent be about bugs or problems etc on the site though, it would be for problem users who rip other users off
Old 18 September 2008, 01:30 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I voted yes because having a feedback system , however it is implemented or flawed, is far better than having nothing at all.

It wont discourage every nobber but hopefully it will stem the tide of fleece merchants.
Also I mentioned system not forum. I am not quite sure how a whole forum dedicated to feedback would be used, I am talking more of a rating system whereby people buying stuff can see at a glance how well regarded the seller is in terms of people feedback (number, stars whatever)
Old 18 September 2008, 01:39 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I vote yes, as I've seen it work on other forums.
However, Scoobynet seems to be one of the worst forums I've been on in regards to users have blatent mupltiple usernames.
I think it would work well in conjuction with something above a users name that says something along the lines of "Click here to see users potential alias's"
I'm no web expert, but on some forums, people have signatures that can read your IP address, ISP etc, so I 'm sure this can be done.
Old 18 September 2008, 02:19 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ
the forum wouldent be about bugs or problems etc on the site though, it would be for problem users who rip other users off
Oh! oops. But anyway, don't the majority of users that get a good or bad service post on here in the general section anyway?
Old 18 September 2008, 07:41 PM
timmy2take
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SC008Y_MAD
Oh! oops. But anyway, don't the majority of users that get a good or bad service post on here in the general section anyway?
Bad news travels fast, so I'd say theres probably lots of people who have had many a smooth transaction buying parts etc. But we don't get to here about them.
Old 18 September 2008, 10:15 PM
Schumacher
Scooby Regular

I think we need a feedback system. Too many scammers on here.

That's all I've got to say.
Old 22 September 2008, 10:40 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Wasnt there supposed to be a big update to the sales section of SN to make it much better for everyone ?
Old 23 September 2008, 12:16 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Werent there supposed to be a lot of things? It all petered away after the cheque cleared though. What about the competitions, draws, blogs etc etc etc.....?
Old 23 September 2008, 02:54 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Yes, It seems IB dont do those things
Old 23 September 2008, 09:02 AM
85rob
Scooby Regular

best and easiest thing would be to add an ebay style feedback to peoples profiles. having a seperate room/ topic for feedback doesnt work and just gets back logged
Old 23 September 2008, 09:13 AM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Would it matter how many posts you have made? wouldnt it be based on the amount of sales you have made?
If youve only made 3 sales in 4 years and their 100% then you have nothing to worry about do you ?
Old 23 September 2008, 02:12 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 85rob
best and easiest thing would be to add an ebay style feedback to peoples profiles. having a seperate room/ topic for feedback doesnt work and just gets back logged
Or why not add a link in your profile to your ebay feedback details that way people can then judge for themselves if they wont to trade with you and save SN actually havin to set one up ?

Ive not sold many things on here, but when i do i always give the seller my full contact details for obvious reasons and will only send items out using Parcelforces insured and tracked delivery, that way im 99.9% sure its going to get there so does the buyer and if its lost, i'd have no problem returning the buyers money as i know i can claim the money back.

I recently brought a rear STi spoiler for my wife's wagon off ebay, the chap had good feedback but posted it out 2nd class, it never arrived, he won't give me my money back and all he can claim is 100 x 1st class stamp, so im out £79 he only gets £30ish back, if he'd had paid for PFE 48hr £3 more, it would have been fully insured, im now trying to get my money back from PAYPAL as this bloke won't give me a penny.

Quick Reply: Should Scoobynet have a feedback forum?