ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Should Scoobynet have a feedback forum? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/712175-should-scoobynet-have-a-feedback-forum.html)

timmy2take 14 September 2008 12:59 PM

Should Scoobynet have a feedback forum?

Should Scoobynet have a feedback forum so members can see peoples feedbacks before dealing with them.

Myles 14 September 2008 01:01 PM

In a word, yes. In a few more words, something is needed to stop people getting fleeced.

Aaron1978 14 September 2008 01:02 PM

Definately, buying and selling on here is a big part of this site and something needs to be done to help people if naming and shaming is not allowed.

Aaron:thumb:

ScoobyDoo555 14 September 2008 01:15 PM

yes BUT there's a potential hiccup. For example, feedback (if based on a sales/merit scheme), people who've been on this site for a long time, but don't buy or sell, will in essence have little feedback - ie some one to be wary of.

Of which isn't exactly fair is it?

GC8 14 September 2008 01:17 PM

The feature can be added: Ive seen it on many VB forums. Instead we have 'reputation' and even worse, 'infractions'. Time I think, to make an effort and to introduce features that help the forum members, rather than features designed to make the forum virtually admin-free.

GC8 14 September 2008 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555 (Post 8131092)
yes BUT there's a potential hiccup. For example, feedback (if based on a sales/merit scheme), people who've been on this site for a long time, but don't buy or sell, will in essence have little feedback - ie some one to be wary of.

Of which isn't exactly fair is it?

You can only start from a clean sheet. Also: people who have been here for as long as I have, still dont have a track record of proven reliability and honesty, just a lot of posts.....

ScoobyDoo555 14 September 2008 01:25 PM

I'm in the same boat...hence my post :)

Dan

M444GY 14 September 2008 01:36 PM

could be good but could get complicated

Aaron1978 14 September 2008 01:37 PM

you could get ripped off buy someone with 100% good feedback, what this might stop is people repeatedly doing it. to me people with high post counts or that have been here a long time like being on here and wouldn't want to be kicked off for the sake of a few quid. imho.

Myles 14 September 2008 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 8131133)
you could get ripped off buy someone with 100% good feedback, what this might stop is people repeatedly doing it. to me people with high post counts or that have been here a long time like being on here and wouldn't want to be kicked off for the sake of a few quid. imho.

Perhaps I am being naive, but it should be about more than getting kicked off the forum, it should be about not wanting to rip off your fellow scooby driver, period. I saw the guys at the Gathering and would not want to rip any one of them clean, even though I have had the chance. Not my style. But I suppose if you are being threatened with being kicked off, that is a start.

harvey 15 September 2008 09:43 PM

Unfortunately, Scoobynet is not necessarily run with the best interests of the membership at heart. It is after all a commercial operation.
You also have to realise that threads that are unacceptable to Scoobynet will disappear without trace. Big Brother or what ?
For instance, Page 2 here : Why has that been disappeared ?
Not only disappeared but disappeared without explanation which must get lots of people's backs up.
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ey-honest.html
Even when telling the truth you run the risk of getting a thread locked.
How long before this thread is locked or disappeared ?
I can give you loads of information on disappeared threads just over the last few days.
How sad.
Although we all seem to agree, until there is a sea change (thanks Gordon :) ) it's unlikely that the management of this BBS will listen to us.

harvey 18 September 2008 12:06 AM

So this thread has now been un-disappeared which can only be good for everybody concerned. :)

Lost in cyber-space or what ???? ;)

CAT2 18 September 2008 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by harvey (Post 8139662)
So this thread has now been un-disappeared which can only be good for everybody concerned. :)

Lost in cyber-space or what ???? ;)

What with the double post thing too, this is getting a bit spooky;).

martyrobertsdj 18 September 2008 01:04 AM

lol....love the terminology Harvey "un-disappeared" lmao

How true though eh????

Ask for support and stuff, get nowt....make some slighlty slanderous comment and/or post something that could possibly be construed as "unauthorised advertising" and they are on you like an on-you-thing :mad:

Fookin commercial venture alright!!!!! Pay your subscriptions and keep shtum you plebs!!!

GC8 18 September 2008 01:14 AM

No. VB has features available to rate potential vendors. Everyone who wishes to sell through the forum should opt in to this rating system (without being charged Simon, youve fleeced IB so you dont need to fleece us too). With these features/tools enables it will be possible to see a persons trading history and decide whether to proceed. Its not foolproof, but its better than doing f*ck-all.

There is no excuse at all to continue to slack off. That said: SN has never been administered well, but it was so much better than it is now.

PantsUK 18 September 2008 09:36 AM

Just awaiting stoobynet scuubynet or whatever to be created then I suggest we all fack off!

that's the only way anyone will be listening!

SC008Y_MAD 18 September 2008 12:01 PM

I voted NO as if there was a feedback forum, it would just get slated and lots of bad comments made that we could all do without. If you have a problem with the forum, either post in the correct section, Bugs.... or PM one of the webmasters.

PantsUK 18 September 2008 01:05 PM

:lol:

a yes because they are super responsive and take a real interest in what goes on here don't they !!!

;)

RA Dunk 18 September 2008 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by SC008Y_MAD (Post 8140271)
I voted NO as if there was a feedback forum, it would just get slated and lots of bad comments made that we could all do without. If you have a problem with the forum, either post in the correct section, Bugs.... or PM one of the webmasters.

the forum wouldent be about bugs or problems etc on the site though, it would be for problem users who rip other users off

SwissTony 18 September 2008 01:30 PM

I voted yes because having a feedback system , however it is implemented or flawed, is far better than having nothing at all.

It wont discourage every nobber but hopefully it will stem the tide of fleece merchants.
Also I mentioned system not forum. I am not quite sure how a whole forum dedicated to feedback would be used, I am talking more of a rating system whereby people buying stuff can see at a glance how well regarded the seller is in terms of people feedback (number, stars whatever)

joey_turbo 18 September 2008 01:39 PM

I vote yes, as I've seen it work on other forums.
However, Scoobynet seems to be one of the worst forums I've been on in regards to users have blatent mupltiple usernames.
I think it would work well in conjuction with something above a users name that says something along the lines of "Click here to see users potential alias's"
I'm no web expert, but on some forums, people have signatures that can read your IP address, ISP etc, so I 'm sure this can be done.

SC008Y_MAD 18 September 2008 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ (Post 8140399)
the forum wouldent be about bugs or problems etc on the site though, it would be for problem users who rip other users off

Oh! oops. But anyway, don't the majority of users that get a good or bad service post on here in the general section anyway?

timmy2take 18 September 2008 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by SC008Y_MAD (Post 8140519)
Oh! oops. But anyway, don't the majority of users that get a good or bad service post on here in the general section anyway?

Bad news travels fast, so I'd say theres probably lots of people who have had many a smooth transaction buying parts etc. But we don't get to here about them.

Schumacher 18 September 2008 10:15 PM

I think we need a feedback system. Too many scammers on here.

That's all I've got to say.

Sonic' 22 September 2008 10:40 PM

Wasnt there supposed to be a big update to the sales section of SN to make it much better for everyone ?

GC8 23 September 2008 12:16 AM

Werent there supposed to be a lot of things? It all petered away after the cheque cleared though. What about the competitions, draws, blogs etc etc etc.....?

Sonic' 23 September 2008 02:54 AM

Yes, It seems IB dont do those things

85rob 23 September 2008 09:02 AM

best and easiest thing would be to add an ebay style feedback to peoples profiles. having a seperate room/ topic for feedback doesnt work and just gets back logged

scoobynewbie72 23 September 2008 09:13 AM

Would it matter how many posts you have made? wouldnt it be based on the amount of sales you have made?
If youve only made 3 sales in 4 years and their 100% then you have nothing to worry about do you ?

Dazza01 23 September 2008 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by 85rob (Post 8150123)
best and easiest thing would be to add an ebay style feedback to peoples profiles. having a seperate room/ topic for feedback doesnt work and just gets back logged

Or why not add a link in your profile to your ebay feedback details that way people can then judge for themselves if they wont to trade with you and save SN actually havin to set one up ?

Ive not sold many things on here, but when i do i always give the seller my full contact details for obvious reasons and will only send items out using Parcelforces insured and tracked delivery, that way im 99.9% sure its going to get there so does the buyer and if its lost, i'd have no problem returning the buyers money as i know i can claim the money back.

I recently brought a rear STi spoiler for my wife's wagon off ebay, the chap had good feedback but posted it out 2nd class, it never arrived, he won't give me my money back and all he can claim is 100 x 1st class stamp, so im out £79 he only gets £30ish back, if he'd had paid for PFE 48hr £3 more, it would have been fully insured, im now trying to get my money back from PAYPAL as this bloke won't give me a penny.