Sponsored by:

HELP my dash is stuck

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2002, 04:02 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Look i no it's a interior question & i have posted there also but i'm in urgent need of help & fort i'd try my luck here. Basically my problem is trying 2 fit white dials & i cant get the blooming housing bit out of my MY97 it's free as i got all the screws out but now i cant get it on its back or front 2 get at & unplug the speedo cables etc Since it's currently sat in me garage with bits of the dash hanging off i could use sum advice pretty urgently on how 2 get access 2 the rear of the thing. Just cant move it sufficiently as metal at top & plastic at the bottom wont let it go backwards or forward enough before the cables presumably prevent it moving far enough forward! Dont wana yank it too hard incase i bugger it up so please HELP me.
Si
Old 09 February 2002, 04:57 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

si, i took my dash out of a 97my a while back. once you've taken the 4 screws out of the front corners of the pod you can then move it slightly and should be able to get your hand just behind to unplug the connectors (ok i've got small hands).
mine didn't pull out far but i managed - just
if you start with the plug on the r/h/s (looking straight at it)then you can turn the pod slightly to get at the others, if i can remember right i think there are 3 connectors

rob
Old 09 February 2002, 05:55 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Cheers 4 that i guess but i must say those aren't hands u have those r movable jointed matchsticks cause i could barely get me fingers round dunno how i'd get em back on anyhow even if i got there. May try & get mr m8's 2 c if they have small enough hands or failing that have a kid & train em b4 they grow up or buy a monkey & get him 2 do it ah bugger at this rate i may have2 pay sum chap @ subaru or sumin next time i have a service but i'd rather not & they would only do sumin that i'm hoping sum1 can advice me of?
HELP still needed it wood sem
Si
Old 09 February 2002, 06:30 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Just give it a good ole tug!

I've not had scoob clocks out but have done many others, I know how you're feelin right now! It'll be the wiring and speedo cable that's holding up proceedings, you'd be surprised how hard you can tug at them before they break

As said, it gets easier with each plug unplugged if you follow!

Bob

PS I accept no responsibilty...yada yada....
Old 09 February 2002, 08:16 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Red face

Hmm i try giving myself a good tugg thenlol. Although it doesn't install confidence when it sounds like u have broken sum in yer time Oh well if it does goes **** up any1 no best way 2 fix em? May try it thou as getting professionally fitted ud probably cost as much as either the dials themselves or fixing broken cables etc!
Oh well watch this space then any more cunning plans thou b4 i go OTT?
Si