Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

1-0 to the scoob

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2001, 12:26 AM
manny
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a great day Saturday...for starters it was my birthday so i thought it was the perfect opportunity to give Pete a ring at Scoobysport and finally order a backbox and ITG panel filer.....can't wait for the post on tuesday. Then the day just got better. Had to go to Middlesboro on saturday so was cruising along at a sensible rate being another year older and all that, when suddenly approaching from behind comes a rather nice sapphire cossie. I thought well go on then and applied a touch of throttle in second gear and goodbye cossie.....its the first time i've even been tempted to race one of those things fearing defeat....not so. The scoob is wicked and i can't wait to get my new parts fitted on wednesday, hopefully make it sound as well as it goes.

Manny MY99 (soon to be louder)
Old 22 January 2001, 12:43 AM
Richard Simpson
Scooby Regular

Happy Birthday,

Glad you are enjoying the car.

I tend to drive sensibly too, but on Friday there was a very nice Porsche Carrera S in front - I think it was an S. Anyway, it had a reasonable lead on me over a short stretch of dual carriageway, so I thought I wonder, and as you might guess, yes the scoob was catching it ( I backed off before he did so not racing B4 one of those threads start again ) Pretty Cool!!

Unfortunately on a back road home I saw a very rapid and weird looking set of lights approaching at warp speed - I backed off and let him pass me and saw that it was a P1. Once again I thought lets see what the difference is but no chance - he was doing about 115 on a country lane!!

Damn I want a P1 now - but I don't think even then I would be doing those speeds on a county road!!

Cheers,

Richard
94 WRX
Old 22 January 2001, 12:52 AM
Scooby Doc
Scooby Regular

Smile

Manny

A very happy birthday.

Fitting the bb yourself? Let us know how you get on and what you think of the sound. I am undecided between the ss and prodrive bb although everybody seems to prefer the former. I'm concerned about reports that it is boomy on the m'way.

Cheers

Martin
Old 22 January 2001, 12:59 AM
AndrewW
Scooby Regular

Martin,

Get the SS backbox !!!

You will love it. If you are going to be at the Perth meet on Sunday, then I can arrange for you to have a listen to mine.

Andrew.
MY99 5 door + SS backbox.
Old 22 January 2001, 01:01 PM
skipjack
Scooby Regular

scooby doc,

had my ss box for a year now - don't find any booming or sound in addition to what you get at lower speeds. it's quite loud anyway and just...woofles bassily.