Sponsored by:

water leaking through rear light

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2008, 01:12 PM
w13dle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water leaking through rear light

just washed my old classic only to notice when drying there was bit of water in the boot investigated further & about 2 inch worth where the spare wheels sits doesnt look nothing serious though seems to be coming though one of the rear lights so going to clean up & resilicone them in is this a common problem as my lights dont look like they've ever been removed?
Old 13 September 2008, 01:19 PM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by w13dle
just washed my old classic only to notice when drying there was bit of water in the boot investigated further & about 2 inch worth where the spare wheels sits doesnt look nothing serious though seems to be coming though one of the rear lights so going to clean up & resilicone them in is this a common problem as my lights dont look like they've ever been removed?
Yup through the lights, spoiler bolt holes or the rubber trim around the boot edge. In really serious cases can be through the seal of the rear windscreen. Some on here don't recommend silicon for the resealing. I'm sure they'll be along shortly to advise.
Old 13 September 2008, 01:45 PM
D.O.M
Scooby Regular

A very common problem on scoobs. See here https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...boot-well.html

Had this problem on my bugeye, same as you the spare wheel well would fill up whenever it rained heavily or when I washed the car. Was so annoying having to always dry it after. I sorted the problem by re-fixing the spoiler and also used some sealant on the rear lights just in case.