Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soon to be an ex-Scoob owner...

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2002, 02:32 PM
SJobson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had my car for 18 months, and am going to part with it on 1 March. It's been rather fun owning a Scoob - the reason I'm changing is because the finance deal is nearly over, and I like changing cars. I'd keep it and get a new car if I could (although I'd want to mollify the running costs somewhat if running it alongside another car!)

Like the Corrado VR6 I had before it, it's one of those cars that I think I'd have another of one day. Maybe an STI Type-UK, but I can't justify £26k for a car which I barely ever drive... although I'll comment on that again in a year when I'm missing the Scoob's supreme ability.

And what have I chopped it in for? A Honda Civic Type-R. No flames please - it's ideal for my purpose, i.e. shopping, with the occasional 200 mile jaunt. More ideal than the Scoob, I hope people would agree (only a very limited range of abilities required!). I like the Honda though - and I've been spoilt for throttle response by my wife's Elise, so it fits the bill well.

And this isn't intended to be a for sale advert since I'm trading it in, but I still have the old car, MY99 V-reg DBM UK Wagon with aircon, so if anyone wants to make an offer over £13k for it, I could be persuaded not to trade it in but sell it privately. But if you do, mail me off the forum please.
Old 09 February 2002, 03:07 PM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

Good choice. I sold my Scooby in November for similar reasons - I was doing too many miles to justify the cost - and bought a TypeR. The Scooby smile is still with me only it comes on a little higher in the rev range

Enjoy it!

What colour by the way?

Laurence
Old 09 February 2002, 04:28 PM
SJobson
Scooby Regular

Red, with aircon. And it's coming into the dealer on 23 Feb, so I'm not having to wait long (the dealer ordered it as a demonstrator, but I'd been in 3 times and he offered it to me today to finally get me to buy! Waiting for 1 March of course).

I wasn't doing too many miles in the Scoob, quite the opposite - I rarely drive it, but the fixed costs of 6 month servicing (I never do 7,500 miles between services) and current levels of depreciation made it a bit of an expensive liability to just have sitting outside. So obviously I'm buying a high-depreciation, mainstream car instead... oh well!
Old 09 February 2002, 04:35 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Hi Simon,

Well you thought you were going to do this a while ago didn't ya

The Civic should do you well Stay on the board though eh?

Catch ya later,

Neil.
Old 09 February 2002, 04:42 PM
SJobson
Scooby Regular

Neil, it was my first forum (though I do seem to spend rather more time on Evo...) so of course I'll be here. Shame I won't have the Scoob to go with it, but as I say, STI Type-UK may bring me back into the fold in a year or so (when I get bored of tipping the seat forward to let the kids in the back!)
Old 10 February 2002, 11:50 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

I had a test drive in a Type UK yesterday - it was brilliant

I thought getting back into my car afterwards it would feel really bad, but it wasn't like that. Perhaps in a few years when my car will be older and need replacing.