Sponsored by:

F***** police arghhhhhhhhhh

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2008, 01:06 AM
Harryr34
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default F***** police arghhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by Harryr34; 29 August 2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09 September 2008, 05:55 AM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harryr34

Its my word against thiers and guess who the judge is going to believe!!!!!!
Er .. yours most likely. They have to prove it.
Old 09 September 2008, 06:57 AM
PantsUK
Scooby Regular

yep as above, I know people (like my mum) who've been to court and been let off!
Old 09 September 2008, 07:23 AM
M535I
Scooby Regular

you all so have two witnesses in your car :-) go to court fight it out mate
Old 09 September 2008, 08:03 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't bother mate.
All you'll end up doing is wasting your time and losing faith in the criminal justice system.
Plus you will end up with costs and the magistrates will probably increase the penalty.
I'm afraid the police are right on this one
Old 09 September 2008, 08:34 AM
deansscooby
Scooby Regular

It will not got to court lack of evidence, but def a boat load of time wasting. You will be waiting if it did go court all day.
Losing faith in the justice system, i lost that a long time ago, when some cop lied to me. After that i have no faith, and lie my way out of court 2x since.
If your not like me just try forget it and pay the £60 i think you will get 3 point but depending on age will not affect insurence.
Old 09 September 2008, 09:44 AM
Harryr34
Scooby Regular

Last edited by Harryr34; 29 August 2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09 September 2008, 09:55 AM
deansscooby
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't mind paying the fine and accepting the points if i did jump the light! I did nothing wrong. I will go to court, can't afford to get more points on my licence. I hate the police, they lie to get a conviction
Well done mate, i dint want to advise you do it but i would and with you 110%
cops tried doing me for fraud once best thing is the cop that tried to do me was as think as thay come
Anyways thats another storey. let us no what the outcome is
Old 09 September 2008, 09:55 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I wouldn't mind paying the fine and accepting the points if i did jump the light! I did nothing wrong. I will go to court, can't afford to get more points on my licence. I hate the police, they lie to get a conviction
Yes, they do, and they WILL. If you go to court you'll most likely get MORE points, a bigger fine and costs of over £100 against you.

Don't believe the people on here who say that "they have to prove it". They don't, that went out early under Bliar, they just have to SAY so against a motorist and 999 times out of 1000 you will LOSE.

Alcazar
Old 09 September 2008, 10:02 AM
scooby_wrx1984
Scooby Regular

You will lose I think mate, but good luck to you if you want to fit the dibble. In my experience they do make things up and if needs be they will make things 10 times worse for you if they are taken to court because to them your challenging their authority.
Old 09 September 2008, 10:05 AM
deansscooby
Scooby Regular

If there was a cam fitted to the lights then agreed, but no cam no proof. No proof no court. Innocent until proven guilty
Old 09 September 2008, 10:13 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

I got let off an insecure load conviction. just because of lack of evidence. A box on my back seat wasnt securely fastened. when they were giving the ticket i actually acted as if i would just pay the fine and be done with it. more fool them.
Old 09 September 2008, 10:17 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

No pic no proof. What did you get pulled by? Was there a cam in/on their car? Always ask for the evidence because they have to show it to you.

Also the fact is he gave you a different reason once he'd issued you the ticket. Bring that up if it does go to court.

At the moment it is just a NIP. Given the grief and the paperwork i'd be surprised if they follow up, far too busy simply processign the number of people that there is picture evidence for.

Give it 6 mopnths, if you hear nothing then all is good. I did that with a ticket i disputed and despite what the copper said at the roadside I never heard another thing.

5t.
Old 09 September 2008, 10:17 AM
Untitled
Scooby Regular

You dont need photographic proof, if there were two police officers in the car who say you did it that is enough to find you guilty, if there was one you will get off,
Old 09 September 2008, 10:21 AM
v8voodoo
Scooby Regular

I was given a ticket for running a red light once by a motorcycle officer, I challenged it on the spot and he was having none of it and decided to check my car and go through it with a fine toothed comb (1954 Standard 8 Hot Rod). He didn't get any joy with that, so left it at the ticket. I was with the AA at the time for legal cover and approached them for defence. They appointed a local brief, we went to court and the police officer failed to turn up. Case dismissed. Sorted.

Think long and hard about your options and whether the costs possibly involved are worth the fight. If you think they are, then go for it.

They did get me some years later with a scamera van on Rally GB on the M4 though, so they got their blood in the end. Like flippin' mosquitoes.
Old 09 September 2008, 10:43 AM
bigdog666
Scooby Regular

go to court, the more people stand up to these pafetic wastes of public spending the more likely they are to realise we wont stand for it, if you think your right, fight to proove it, why settle for it?
Old 09 September 2008, 01:58 PM
20withascooby
Scooby Regular

i got done for having no seatbelt on and accused of doing 70 in a 30 bear in mind i was in 1 .4 and just left the lights id got just dwnthe road and was aapenrlty doing 70 so he pulled me over tried doing me for the speeding i said i wanna see proof showme ur camera or the cctv around town coz i wanna see it he soon shut up and forgot about that bit because he knows i wasnt
Old 09 September 2008, 01:59 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Untitled
You dont need photographic proof, if there were two police officers in the car who say you did it that is enough to find you guilty, if there was one you will get off,
I can assure you that the word of one "trained" traffic officer will suffice for a conviction.
That is why you don't always see two in a car.
Old 09 September 2008, 02:07 PM
New_scooby_04

On principle, I have to say that if I were accused of running a red light and was *sure* that it was green, I'd have to take it to court. One simply can't give police officers that make bogus accusations an easy time!

Ns04
Old 09 September 2008, 02:08 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Yes, they do, and they WILL. If you go to court you'll most likely get MORE points, a bigger fine and costs of over £100 against you.

Don't believe the people on here who say that "they have to prove it". They don't, that went out early under Bliar, they just have to SAY so against a motorist and 999 times out of 1000 you will LOSE.

Alcazar
at last someone who talks sense.

most coppers make things up to secure a conviction just take the points mate
Old 09 September 2008, 02:12 PM
bigdog666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phil_wrx
at last someone who talks sense.

most coppers make things up to secure a conviction just take the points mate
bring on the revolution!!!
Old 09 September 2008, 02:19 PM
scoobyhoobydoo
Scooby Regular

As said take the points or go to court and face more costs and more points, not a fair or right system I know. If you feel that you were not treated fairly you can lodge via the ipcc details below.

Information about making a complaint
Old 09 September 2008, 02:20 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Good luck mate but to be honest you will prob lose, I had a run in with the police in my rover (speeding over bridge in Cambridge) I was taken to court and they said I was doing 56 in a 30 wich I wasn't and couldn't have been doing for a whole number of reasons. anyway I agreed with some of the officers statement except they said it was in "moderate" traffic!? there was me and them on an empty road at abt 10-11 o'clock! they said I was doing 56 for way longer than I could have (the bridge is as long as the distance I was alleged to be doing 56 and this was from a standing start ) I wouldn't have minded 3 points etc as I had broken the law(buy abt 10mph) but the magistrate git gave me 6 points and a fine of £300! + 30 charges! there was no evidence only the officers word and it was believed over mine even when the statement they made was dated two weeks after the incident, they had also lied and exaggerated to a ludicrous scale about a number of other things, from now on the police can go fem selves.
Old 09 September 2008, 02:24 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by JPF
Good luck mate but to be honest you will prob lose, I had a run in with the police in my rover (speeding over bridge in Cambridge) I was taken to court and they said I was doing 56 in a 30 wich I wasn't and couldn't have been doing for a whole number of reasons. anyway I agreed with some of the officers statement except they said it was in "moderate" traffic!? there was me and them on an empty road at abt 10-11 o'clock! they said I was doing 56 for way longer than I could have (the bridge is as long as the distance I was alleged to be doing 56 and this was from a standing start ) I wouldn't have minded 3 points etc as I had broken the law(buy abt 10mph) but the magistrate git gave me 6 points and a fine of £300! + 30 charges! there was no evidence only the officers word and it was believed over mine even when the statement they made was dated two weeks after the incident, they had also lied and exaggerated to a ludicrous scale about a number of other things, from now on the police can go fem selves.
Did you get legal representation mate? Sounds like a brief should have been able to rip their case apart to me.

Ns04
Old 09 September 2008, 02:32 PM
help2003
Scooby Regular

Fight them,
I did and won, had a crash, wrote car off, police say i had 3 tyres below limit, they have took photos of the tyres etc,
Strange how my insurance man came out and filed his report and only found 1 tyre below legal limit, (was only 1mm) and the rest were fine, so i was very happy to take it to court, and i didnt mind taking the points, my solicitor spoke to there barrister, and he end up saying you have me over a barrel lol,
Old 09 September 2008, 02:33 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

f*ckin pigs, i've come across some idiots as well in my clio. they checked every panel to see if anything was illegal.
wiley
Old 09 September 2008, 02:41 PM
bigdog666
Scooby Regular

one day they might stop some real criminals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09 September 2008, 03:02 PM
martwrxsl
Scooby Regular

The police are a waste of space fullstop. They get a 9.5% increase on my council tax every year. That's Essex police BTW.

They fanny about in their Scoobies and Evo's, filling up speed camera's. How many helicopters have they got now? They forget that we pay their f*cking wages and over inflated pensions.

I'd just take the points because they will lie through their teeth. Remember every offence they log puts them nearer to promotion. What happened to catching criminals?
Old 09 September 2008, 03:28 PM
Harryr34
Scooby Regular

Last edited by Harryr34; 29 August 2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 09 September 2008, 03:35 PM
shaggy and
Scooby Regular

Thanks to everyone for the advice, i am not prepared to receive points for somthing i didn't do. I will be making a complaint and fighting this one all the way! I have points on my licence and can't afford to get anymore.

The funny thing is there was an armed police unit infront of me when i drove through that traffic light and they didn't pull me over and accuse me of jumping a red light!! It was another pig wagon that apparently saw me jumping the light.. makes me really
The armed response would not stop anyone for a red light (or not as this case may be )

They are instructed not to do so for obvious reasons

Quick Reply: F***** police arghhhhhhhhhh