Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a few topical & relevant points (pslewis's thread)

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2002, 09:44 PM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

what is SPAM?

the average wages for 2000:
Great Britain Male 24,298
Great Britain Female 17,556

that pslewis thread was just getting interesting

Old 08 February 2002, 09:55 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Sorry KIPPAX - we are now all to act as boring and uninteresting as 'SOME' and ONLY SOME moderators on here - some of them are great ........................ you KNOW who you are!!

What a sad sad day - No more banter (unless it suits the moderator) no more jokes (if they are not funny to the moderator then they are BANNED you naughty person!) no more wind-ups (whats a wind-up, says the moderator .... Everything in life is so SERIOUS!!)

Its a good job they dont mind the earth spinning - or I am SURE as eggs are eggs that they would try and STOP it!!! the sad thing is that they would think that they COULD!!!! ha ha ha

There ARE still some decent moderators left by the way - dont get the idea that they are all walking around with their heads where the sun dont shine

Pete
Old 08 February 2002, 10:00 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Why not just start an 'average wages in the UK' thread in 'Non-Scooby related' and banter away.
Old 08 February 2002, 10:02 PM
scooby555
Scooby Regular

Talking

£24,298 YES PLEASE !!!!!!!
Old 08 February 2002, 10:13 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Now see what the average price of a house is. Hint: it's not three times the average salary
Old 08 February 2002, 10:15 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

THATS what this is ALL about!!!!!

I've just clicked!! - people complained about the wages being discussed on my BANNED thread and didnt like the fact they were earning less than the average wage of £62400 - I maintain that NO-ONE can live (and I mean live) on less!!

Pete
Old 08 February 2002, 10:38 PM
eyeMAJIC
Scooby Regular

hehehehe.....

Lots of nice expenses to offset against all that 40% tax, I hope??

(I know a good accountant!! )
Old 08 February 2002, 10:46 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

If 'living' includes 'running a scoob' then I agree. OTOH, far better to have you and your wife both earning half the average wage at around 31k each
Old 08 February 2002, 11:39 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

My wife only gets £48600 in the City - but her bonuses make up for that.

Her bonus payed for the New Forest Cottage we have, and the cruiser lying off Lymington, so its not all bad.

40% tax???????????/ are you MAD!!!!!

I can offset it against the houses we rent out in Wales, Scotland and the Isle of Wight ............... SORTED!!

Pete
Old 08 February 2002, 11:50 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

40% tax of course not. Ladies of the night don't declare their earnings and neither do their pimps.
Old 09 February 2002, 12:07 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

pslewis

The thing that really irritates me, is that you seem to be of the mind that the moderators lock things based on what THEY want.

I locked that thread based on what OTHER people wanted. It has NOTHING to do with what I want! Our job is to do what the community wants to the best of our knowledge.

If you want to be boring, please do. But it has nothing to do with what the moderators want.

If you can't see that then there is absolutely no reason in discussing it.

All the best

Simon
Old 09 February 2002, 12:19 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

Simon

Shaun said, that, Had he read the thread HE would have locked it anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry, but that IS doing what he wants!!

What about the people who were enjoying the thread?? I now have 127 e-mails!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how many complaints did YOU get?? 2? 5? 10? 50 even???

I would hazard a guess that it was in single figures - you had to take a view as to whether the complaints were justified - in MOST peoples opinions there were NOT - I think I know who complained - you MUST know me quite well (from posts anyway) and you KNOW I sail close to the wind - but THAT thread WASNT even close mate, come on .................... look at it again - innocent isnt it??

There are much worse as you know!!

I have some lovely e-mails from some great people, the 'old' crowd mainly, some new ..................... the old ones are REALLY annoyed at how I was treated - YOU know some and count them as your friends!!!

Its for THAT reason YOU have the problem I think, not me - we could talk via e-mail if you would like to be professional? I will NOT name anyone who have e-mailed me in confidence however!

Pete

Old 09 February 2002, 01:07 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Pete

I wouldn't for one second want you to name anybody. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

The reason shaun would have locked it is because he would have seen it as being in the interests of scoobynet. Do you really think he has time / cares personally about things like that. I know I don't. All I want is to keep this thing going for everyone (me included).

I'm pleased for you that you have so many emails supporting your "good fight". But you cannot in any way decide what "most" people think. We can't do that either and we're trying to do that every day. I sorry you and your 127 emails think we do such a bad job.

Is it really worth all this though? We're not trying to censor you, we didn't delete anything, we merely stopped a thread that offended some people and had no purpose / point being in the for sale section.

Feel free to post another thread in for sale, and then one more in the muppet show.

Until then, I wish you all the best, and I'm going to bed.

Regards

Simon
Old 09 February 2002, 01:09 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Wink

Goodnight

Pete
Old 09 February 2002, 01:13 AM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Do we have a protocol on this? If so how many people need to complain before it is warranted to close a thread?

It was, as usual, a pathetic and childish piece of name calling. Admittedly more suited to the playgroung than the BBS. But, there was no foundation for libel so no need for the thread to be locked to prevent litigation.

If any individual found it boring or in poor taste the simple solution was to ignore the thread. There are numerouse occasions were unwanted comments have been made in For Sale and the seller has objected. Why was action taken in these case when Pete was obviously unconcerned?
Old 09 February 2002, 01:19 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

Unconcerned????????????????

I was Bl00dy LIVID !!!!!!!!!!

Come on it was all a bit of fun, someone on the thread didnt like it at all - he was getting out of his depth taking me on thats all, so he and his RS Imports got together and complained - I've met them before, spineless weasels.

I am STILL staggered at WHY it was deemed by (sensible???) people to be a PADLOCKING offence - muppetise it by all means but LOCK it without reason????? NAH - NOT ON ..... there is a note at the end of the thread now (as it should have been before!)

LOOK I was going to bed - leave me alone!!

Pete

[Edited by pslewis - 2/9/2002 1:21:11 AM]
Old 09 February 2002, 07:46 AM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

I think PSlewis should shut the F*** up and stop being such a whiney little B***H. The moderators do a good job here on scoobynet sotring out all the crap that idiots put on here. If you do not want to talk about scoobys or other related issues go elsewhere and while you are at it GET A LIFE!!!!!
Old 09 February 2002, 08:55 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Angry

Nezz10 - you going on a track day or anything soon??? would just like to meet you, you seem like someone I could get on with!! You speak your mind, I admire that ..... telling someone you dont know to shut up and insulting them - you must be one MEAN son of a B1tch - just up my street.

Let me know

Pete

Oh, yes, as I have said before somewhere on one of your worthless posts - if you dont like it DONT read it - what a d1ck you REALLY are!

[Edited by pslewis - 2/9/2002 8:58:26 AM]
Old 09 February 2002, 09:51 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Pslewis at times you really do act like a 10 year old whose just had his sweets nicked. Can you not just let it drop - if your such a mellow guy why do you keep on adding petty comments to a dead subject. All this beacause a moderator shut down your thread on a BBS that you use for free - GET OVER IT!
Old 09 February 2002, 10:23 AM
imatrukahs
Scooby Regular

I will cherish a meet,apparently i am a spineless weasel..LMAO,you gonna be brave enough then to step against me.."the original BB nuisance"

(11 bans from RSbb,now lifetime,brickwall smilie made to use against me,IMA now an official swear word over there..POWER TO THE PEOPLE,FREE SPEECH!)
Old 09 February 2002, 11:03 AM
danielson
Scooby Regular

/Come on guys leave old PSLEWIS alone this guy is the funniest bloke i have ever seen and i know some funny guys,and if you cant see that he is only pulling your legs you must be extremly dim.keep the great work up Pete
Old 09 February 2002, 12:12 PM
sasman
Scooby Regular

Rs Imports That won't go down well "but i agree" does that make me a car racists. If peps want to throw insults at least use your real name "Nezz" Mr sorted ?
Old 09 February 2002, 12:59 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

P1Fanatic - I have ignored your comments up to now, as you are insignificant to me. I cant understand why you READ the posts when you DONT like them?? Cant you just NOT read my stuff??? its EASY - really it is!! You have a problem clearly, let me help you:-

Intructions on how not to allow Pslewis to get to you:-

1. When you see his name - DONT read any further, you dont like it.

2. Errrrrr

3. Errrrrr

4. Errrrrr good god there is ONLY ONE instruction - and you FAIL to grasp that SINGLE point???

There are people who live in ICE, Drivetrain, people who dont go into the muppets, people (plenty of them) who visit where they want - I dont go into ICE and say that I think they are a waste of space because they talk gold wires, amps and such.

So, P1Fanatic and anyone else who doesnt 'quite' get my humour and rantings ................................... Go away and read something else ................. You do NOT have to read stuff you dont want to!! You lot are the same people as those who said that shops shouldnt open on a Sunday, 'EVERYONE should worship God on a Sunday NOT shop' - they were in a minority too!!

Pete

Old 09 February 2002, 01:37 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Wink

PSlewis
AS ever.