Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAO Shaun - Moderator - readers be quick - it may get deleted!!

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2002, 08:28 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As you chose to reply to me in public, not being bothered to reply via e-mail (as you promised), and on a locked post TOO so no replies are allowed!! (seems par for the Moderators course these days!!) I will have to reply here:-

Let me fill you in with some facts, shall I??

I made the assumption that you locked the thread last night as you are the moderator for that Section of the community, so I e-mailed you. The e-mail was pleasant, you will recall that I said that an error had occurred - ANYONE on here can have a copy if they wish - just e-mail me and make your own mind up.

I didnt make ANY complaint whatsoever about ANY content of the thread in question - I was enjoying myself and gave as good as I got (as you say!!) NOW, YOU may not have liked some of the content, but many people found the banter acceptable and maybe even funny, heaven forbid others may NOT have your sense of humour, oh my god, lock the threads!!! ITS PATHETIC!!!

Either way, lets get it clear that I DIDNT find anything in it in bad taste.

Spamming the Board?? hmmmmm do you REALLY think that that was the limit of my capabilities?? if so you are very, very naive. I would NOT call, what was it?? 7 threads - spamming???? If so, you have NEVER seen spamming at ALL. Between my e-mail to you and the first 'funny' thread (you may remember, For Sale Censorship Kit - see moderators??) Now THATS FUNNY!!! NOT spamming at all!! Was over an HOUR!!

You know FULL well that much worse gets put on the BBS - its just that I am one of the characters and attract attention - I would, BY FAR, rather be mad and infuriating than to be some sad 4rse who thinks they have some god given power ..... you all know the type (Mr Scoutmasters! )

I cant believe that you have attacked me on a public forum, when, if you check back - I havent mentioned YOUR name or ANY moderators name AT ALL!!!!

I cant even spell Shawn!!!

Now, maybe this will get locked quickly or blown away completely - I hope not as I have tried to be professional in my answer.

To all the people who have e-mailed me over this and offered support, you ALL know who you are - ((some BIG surprise names TOO)) ............... thank you very much, the last count was 87 mails asking me to stand my ground (since last night!!!) - and stating that the SOME of the Moderators are getting power crazed, I couldnt POSSIBLY comment!!

I really would like to thank everyone and I realise that you would like to stay in the background.

So? will this thread get pulled? will it get locked? ( locked is ok as BOTH sides would then have had a say ) if left unlocked this thread could turn into a slagging match, which NO-ONE wants.

Lets just lock it and leave it stand Moderators?? Unless, of course, you consider that my, and others, opinions dont count.

Regards and thanks for doing a great job - can we just lighten up a little? you are NOT god almighty ( I AM!! )

Pete

Old 08 February 2002, 08:35 PM
sasman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read It
Old 08 February 2002, 08:36 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Old 08 February 2002, 08:57 PM
JBr
BANNED

Thumbs up

Anything for a quiet life with you Pete aint it

I admire your ***** man (not REALLY of course!!)

James
Old 08 February 2002, 08:57 PM
Spudgun GTR
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Old 08 February 2002, 09:12 PM
Richie1
Scooby Regular

How many to55ers have I seen off in my time??
*ahem*

When we gonna go for it again mate ?? (not tonight tho as I am still working till 10pm and cant be arsed getting back on the net when I get home )

The last one was good

Old 08 February 2002, 09:28 PM
scooby555
Scooby Regular

Is this Shaun bloke The big chief of moderators or is he justa jumped up one

Also COSWORTHS RULE TO55ER
Old 08 February 2002, 09:29 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

On a VERY serious note - I have just had ANOTHER 18 e-mails in support AGAINST the over-moderation!!! Some of the names in support would make your eyes pop out!!! really they WOULD!!

I am truly amazed, there is a BIG problem and I am saddened by it - this was a great BBS .....................

I STILL have had NO reason as to why my thread was singled out to be padlocked?????? its nearly 24 hours now!! they requested time, they have had time, a cover-up???

I would hazard a guess that it was locked for some pathetic reason and they darent state what it was!!

More than just ME wants to know why - I am the mouthpiece (a damned attractive one I may add!!) more suited to kissing!

Pete
Old 08 February 2002, 09:29 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Pete,

"As you chose to reply to me in public, not being bothered to reply via e-mail (as you promised), and on a locked post TOO so no replies are allowed!! (seems par for the Moderators course these days!!) I will have to reply here:-"

You have already had the reason why I couldnt be bothered to reply to you via email. I showed YOU the same curtesy as you showed me and the BBS by posting the SEVEN threads in FOR SALE.

"Let me fill you in with some facts, shall I??

I made the assumption that you locked the thread last night as you are the moderator for that Section of the community, so I e-mailed you."

For which you were wrong to assume

"The e-mail was pleasant, you will recall that I said that an error had occurred - ANYONE on here can have a copy if they wish - just e-mail me and make your own mind up."

I have never disputed that

"I didnt make ANY complaint whatsoever about ANY content of the thread in question - I was enjoying myself and gave as good as I got (as you say!!) NOW, YOU may not have liked some of the content, but many people found the banter acceptable and maybe even funny, heaven forbid others may NOT have your sense of humour, oh my god, lock the threads!!! ITS PATHETIC!!!"

Several complaints had been made to myself and at least TWO other moderators. After receiving these complaints and reading the thread is WAS SELF evident why they had been made. Can I make it clear that neither myself nor any other moderator has received ANY emails to complain that is was LOCKED.

"Either way, lets get it clear that I DIDNT find anything in it in bad taste."

"Spamming the Board?? hmmmmm do you REALLY think that that was the limit of my capabilities?? if so you are very, very naive. I would NOT call, what was it?? 7 threads - spamming???? If so, you have NEVER seen spamming at ALL. Between my e-mail to you and the first 'funny' thread (you may remember, For Sale Censorship Kit - see moderators??) Now THATS FUNNY!!! NOT spamming at all!! Was over an HOUR!!"

I am not interested whether or not it is your limit, THE FACT STANDS that you posted SEVEN threads in succession about a situation that you hadnt even given ANY moderator a resonable chance to respond to. You hit a single forum in close succession about the same subject.......obviously my defination of spamming is wrong then!!

"You know FULL well that much worse gets put on the BBS - its just that I am one of the characters and attract attention - I would, BY FAR, rather be mad and infuriating than to be some sad 4rse who thinks they have some god given power ..... you all know the type (Mr Scoutmasters! )"

And has been said again, again and again, we cannot look at ALL posts on this BBS, and quite frequently get drawn to threads that members of the community FEEL STRONGLY enough about to complain.

"I cant believe that you have attacked me on a public forum, when, if you check back - I havent mentioned YOUR name or ANY moderators name AT ALL!!!!"

I have RESPONDED to your requests of WHY, and in the tone (which I think was very sedated) which I saw fit.

"Now, maybe this will get locked quickly or blown away completely - I hope not as I have tried to be professional in my answer."

Ditto.

You have had your say, and I have had mine. I hope this can now be put to bed, as this could keep going on for ever.

Regards,
Shaun.

Old 08 February 2002, 09:33 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Wink

Scooby555

I COULDNT POSSIBLY comment

Pete
Old 08 February 2002, 09:36 PM
scooby555
Scooby Regular

Wink

Old 08 February 2002, 09:37 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Wink

I have had the same problem as well with a couple of my posts deleted etc, and what made it very bitter was that the so called "nice" person that locked it and thought they were god had been on the phone to me trying to find out what i could offer to help him protect his garage, fecking typical you try to help someone out and they just treat you like a bit of dirt on the bottom of their shoe.

Rant mode off

Huxley
Old 08 February 2002, 09:38 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

pslewis - stfu and get a life please. Sick of your petty mumblings.
Old 08 February 2002, 09:39 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Shaun

You have added NOTHING of substance in that last post??

Of course you may not get e-mails of complaint, WHY?, when you will not LISTEN!!!??

Have the posts in SUPPORT escape your eyes? or has your little mind failed to notice them??

NOT HAPPY WITH YOU M8 - NOT AT ALL!!

Pete

Old 08 February 2002, 09:51 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

pslewis

I am not going to do this with you again. I locked the thread due to a request from someone who was offended by it. I looked at and realised that it was serving no purpose, so locked it, rather than deleting it.

Moderating is not easy, and you will not agree with everything, but at least be man enough to accept it, rather than making a big thing about it just because it's your thread!

Talk of "cover-ups" and similar!!! MY god!!! do you really think any of us have time for that kind of rubbish?!?! This is a place of fun and friendship, it's not a conspiracy!!!

For goodness sake, chill out!!

That thread was locked. That's the way it is. I apologise if this offended you, but maybe you should go back and read it, if you feel it was such a big loss.

regards

webmaster
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Question

jesus did i miss sumin i fink so but it all sounds genuine enough i cant c y yer gettin so full on about all this. Mayb i am missing sumin & mayb u'll fill me in but so far aint seen nowt bang out of order????
Si
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

Just read the thread in question and now realise the reputation that ps has. Sir i take my hat off to you, outstanding!
Shame it got locked as it was the best read i've had on here for a while.
10/10 for always getting one up on some, MORE MORE MORE
Old 08 February 2002, 09:54 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

PS

Just read your last post. I am a little irritated that you feel it necessary to insult someone who puts in so much of their spare time to keep this place running for you!!

Why don't you just step back and think about what you are getting so annoyed about?
Old 08 February 2002, 09:56 PM
Luke
BANNED

Could have been bigger than "Pop Stars".
God it can be **** here sometimes...

Old 08 February 2002, 10:03 PM
dharbige
Scooby Regular

A little off topic, I know, and particularly **** (I know that aswell) but regarding Shaun's post (which is in a locked thread so I can't reply there)...

"...I wouldn't of even bothered..."
"...that would of given you ..."
"...I would of done the same..."
"...I could of editted the appropriate comments..."

THE WORD IS "HAVE" !!!!!

Let's keep some standards, please!

David H.

Old 08 February 2002, 10:04 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Question

Webmaster

You are not going to do what with me again exactly? didnt quite catch that meaning?? did it mean that you are not going to offer an explaination the next time?? Thats nice and friendly!!

Why didnt you move it to the muppet thread where it would have got forgotten?? I wouldnt have minded!

You may wish to know that you have NOT got a happy group of people at the top?! The VERY top!! Go and think that one over, I am saying NOTHING more!

Thanks to the moderators who give up their time, it isnt easy - but ALL I ever wanted was an explaination - even scum like me deserves that surely??

Pete

Old 08 February 2002, 10:04 PM
megabusa! ha!
Scooby Newbie

2nd post ever and last, never seen such a bunch of egotistical, hypocritical, self obsessed, righteous ******** in one place ever before. what a bunch of baseball cap wearing idiots.
often considered purchasing a scooby but now don't want to be associated with such a gang of arguing bull****ting hormone overran virgins!

i'll stick with the westfield owners club for the time being, slightly more intelligence!!! and definately more helpfull.

ps people with >1000 posts clearly have no life,
i'm going down pub now to meet my FRIENDS in real life, in person!!!!! wow!!!!
Old 08 February 2002, 10:05 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

hmm it's all going pete tong having investigated the topic in question now it seems your original gripe was with the mancunain type but the fact was that wotever u were selling it had gone far away from that & u did as much bitchin as any1 else so i don't blame the moderators at all 4 blocking it & if u cant c wot the big picture was then u obviously werent seeing just wot the heel wos going on also. It was getting messy, maybe not just from u but u didn't exactly do yerself any favours now did u?
Si
Old 08 February 2002, 10:06 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Talking

Could have been bigger than "Pop Stars".
God it can be **** here sometimes...
So Who's going to play Simon Cowell then?
Is PSlewis Darius in disguse ( Can you feel the love in scoobnet at the moment Can you) ?

Who knows? Who cares?

More later on the never ending saga of the thread that will not die
Old 08 February 2002, 10:08 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Wink

I wonder who Megabusa is.........?
Old 08 February 2002, 10:15 PM
sasman
Scooby Regular

Errr So

have you sold the CAR Pete
Old 08 February 2002, 10:19 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Was he trying to sell a car ?
Old 08 February 2002, 10:20 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Question

CAR?? what car?? I aint got no car to sell - I did advertise it on the for sale section once but its taking its time to get posted ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Who gives a **** eh?? We are all a long time dead!!

Pete
Old 08 February 2002, 10:23 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

Anyone fancy going out and getting rat 4rsed????

Oooooops - you dont think that suggestion was out of order do you???? maybe the Moderator doesnt drink - **** we will all get thrown off

Just Joking - god I fancy a pint

Pete
Old 08 February 2002, 10:24 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Pete, you wanna go into 'chat' . I would like to see you perform in there

Quick Reply: FAO Shaun - Moderator - readers be quick - it may get deleted!!