Sponsored by:

Standard dump valve

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2008, 09:01 PM
mike.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Standard dump valve

Sorry if this has been done before, i have done a search and can not what i am after, basically i'm trying to find out what the max boost you can use when still on a standard dump valve on a my00.
Old 07 August 2008, 09:10 PM
AshMurc
Scooby Regular

the dumpvalve won't be limiting factor there i don't think! more the map of the car, the turbo, additional mods etc. Too much boost and the fueling can't keep up leading to horribly lean situations.

sorry, rubbish reply, the others will be along soon. maybe better posted in general technical tho?
Ash

Last edited by AshMurc; 07 August 2008 at 09:12 PM. Reason: .
Old 07 August 2008, 09:33 PM
mike.
Scooby Regular

The problem is it surges when on motorway in 5th when i put my foot down on full throttle, but only when at just under max boost and at full boost, plus it sometimes hold back a second when it gets to max boost in 3rd but then it goes ok once the boost starts to drop down, i've had the map tweeked around adjusting the wastegate duty but it doesnt do nothing, so was just wandering if the standard dump valve is at its limit or of if theres a problem with the wastegate, im running 1.25 of boost but it creeps up to 1.3.

An yeah i have just realised that i have put it in the wrong section
Old 08 August 2008, 08:24 AM
Ste98Turbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mike.
The problem is it surges when on motorway in 5th when i put my foot down on full throttle, but only when at just under max boost and at full boost, plus it sometimes hold back a second when it gets to max boost in 3rd but then it goes ok once the boost starts to drop down, i've had the map tweeked around adjusting the wastegate duty but it doesnt do nothing, so was just wandering if the standard dump valve is at its limit or of if theres a problem with the wastegate, im running 1.25 of boost but it creeps up to 1.3.

An yeah i have just realised that i have put it in the wrong section

I dont want to worry you mate but my cosworth did this just before the engine failed, what was happening was the fuel/air mix was off and causing to lean out at full boost, get it checked out just to be on the safe side.
Old 08 August 2008, 06:03 PM
mike.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ste98Turbo
I dont want to worry you mate but my cosworth did this just before the engine failed, what was happening was the fuel/air mix was off and causing to lean out at full boost, get it checked out just to be on the safe side.
The fuel/air mix is spot on mate, went back to were it was mapped and looked at all the runs an map again, and it is fine.

I tried an uprated dump valve today an there was no change, i was told that there might be an air leak somewere, but then it might only be a small one though, i have checked the intercooler and all the pipes on it and cant see any holes, has anyone got any idea what might be going on with it
Old 08 August 2008, 07:05 PM
Ste98Turbo
Scooby Regular

Have you checked all your vac pipes?
Old 08 August 2008, 07:29 PM
mike.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ste98Turbo
Have you checked all your vac pipes?
Oops, no forgot about them, cheers mate, will have to take a look at them.

Trending Topics

Old 17 August 2008, 08:19 PM
mike.
Scooby Regular

I have checked all the pipes and i cant see anything wrong with them
I did find something on a search about surging on My00 classics, but i thought a remap was supposed to get rid of it, or is that not the case, is it just a common problem with my model, is there anything i can to get rid of it?